Restored E body Rear Window Defogger (Sold)

Author Topic: Restored E body Rear Window Defogger (Sold)  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Slotts

Restored E body Rear Window Defogger (Sold)
« on: June 14, 2008 - 10:59:29 PM »
Here is a recent item that I listed on Ebay that didn't hit my reserve amount and I have not relisted. I will offer this one here at C-C far below what my reserve was. I am currently building more of these same exact complete assemblies, but not for this price. This will be only a one time offering valid until June 20th at 11:59 pm. After that date and time, I will remove this thread.

This offering is only valid to the member's here with FULL MEMBER (500+ posts) status or above.

$400.00 plus shipping.

I will only add the actual shipping price to this amount. An estimate for USPS 1st class shipping inside of the Continetal US is $35.00 (big box and lots of inside packing material). I am using my previous description on Ebay below. Please read between the "Ebay jargon lines" as I am not going to edit every detail.

If you have any questions at all, please send me a PM.

Thank you,

Slotts

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up for auction is a concourse restoration of a 70 – 74 E body, H31 option, rear window defogger assembly. This includes a Challenger, R/T, SE and Cuda, Barracuda, Gran Couple with a standard or Rallye dash four hole switch plate and a Music Master AM radio. This is a beautifully restored assembly that you won’t find like this anywhere else in this complete and correct condition. The pictures below include the assembly running on the low and high speeds through all of the electrical items included.

Description:
This assembly includes everything you need from the connector to plug into the accessory power connector of your dash wiring harness to the rear deck bezel. This restoration includes:

·   The motor has been disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, lubricated, finished in semi-gloss black. The green positive line gold colored female spade  connector and hood have been replaced. Motor reassembled and tested.

·   All of the original metal parts have been glass beaded and clear zinc plated except for the diffuser tube clamps which are dichromate (rainbow yellow-green-pink) zinc plated.

·   The rear harness deck mounting clips have been rubberized coated.

·   The electrical harnesses have been cleaned, and all male and female gold colored spade connectors and hoods have been replaced.

·   The vent tube and the diffuser housing have been re-dyed. The diffuser mounting bracket has been finished in semi-gloss black.

·   The switch has been disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, contacts polished and lubricated with dielectric grease, reassembled and tested. The successful bidder has the choice of only one of the two switch knobs shown. The red dot knob is correct for the 70 and 71 models and the solid black knob for the 72 – 74 models. The red dot is the original factory color and has not been refinished.

·   The rear deck bezel has been finished in satin black.

·   New foam gaskets are included for the rear deck bezel, diffuser and motor to fan housing.

Payment:
PayPal or only a US Postal Money Order for US residents.
PayPal only for residents outside of the US.
Payment is due within five days.

US Shipping:
The actual USPS 1st Class Shipping cost will include Insurance for the winning bid amount and a Delivery Confirmation Number which will be determined at the end of the auction. I will forward the Delivery Confirmation Number to you right after this item has shipped.

World Wide Shipping:
The actual USPS 1st Class Shipping cost will include Insurance for the winning bid amount that will be determined at the end of the auction. A Delivery Confirmation number is unavailable outside of the US.

Terms:
I guarantee my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied within three days of receipt of this defogger assembly, please contact me first to arrange for a refund. The complete assembly must not have been installed and in the exact same condition as received. The assembly must be shipped prepaid with insurance for the winning bid amount. Upon receipt and satisfactory inspection, I will refund your winning bid amount, less all shipping costs, via the method of payment received.

Notes:
I welcome any of the questions or comments that you may have. Please ask before bidding.

Bidders with a negative Ebay feedback rating or a private identity will be rejected. Bidders with a nine or lower feedback rating must first contact me prior to bidding or the bid will be rejected.

I will forward my email address and cell number to the successful bidder. I will try and help with any installation support. Please feel free to contact me.

Bid with confidence and thank you for looking!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 - 09:46:18 PM by Slotts »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Complete Concourse Restoration E body Rear Window Defogger
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008 - 11:45:01 PM »
If that was an option for my car, I would jump on that in a heart beat. Nothing finer then that anywhere. You really do some quality work. I'd pay more

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008 - 07:00:09 AM »
 :wow: i did not know that you did such fine work :faint: this stuff looks better than NOS :clapping: who ever jumps on and buys one of these set ups would be a lucky member for sure.   

Would you consider any trades from members who have a complete or incomplete rear defogger set up with some sort of buy back for their old pices depending on what they had............... :dunno:   I think this would be a good way for someone who has invested in one to trade up for a complete unit that will bolt in for their personal restoration :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008 - 07:08:16 AM »
Hey Alan and Kenny,

Thank you for the kind comments! :2thumbs:

Kenny,

Not sure about a trade? I really hadn't considered that.

Hey Mike,

I might be able to throw in a 2008 Challenger...... Hotwheels. :smilielol:

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008 - 10:10:24 PM »
Damn Jim, that is gorgeous!!!!!!!! You do excellent work. Like I told you before, it would be a shame to have to shut the trunk and hide that beauty.  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008 - 10:13:29 PM »
Damn Jim, that is gorgeous!!!!!!!! You do excellent work. Like I told you before, it would be a shame to have to shut the trunk and hide that beauty.  :2thumbs:
:iagree:. It is very nice work. These can be hard to find if you need them. Have you sent pics to Gordon to show him what these parts should look like? Probably not worth your time.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008 - 11:39:53 PM »

:iagree:  Looks better than NOS! 

Do you just do this stuff on the side or do you have like a small resto business???  You do really nice work!  :grinyes:  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Slotts

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008 - 06:56:04 AM »
Thanks guys! :2thumbs:

No restro company here. Just another Mopar junkie with a sever habit.
The doctor said there is no cure for it either.

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008 - 06:37:39 PM »
My car didnt have that option originally but some day I will add it and guess who I will contact to fill in the blanks and restore my defogger???  :bigsmile:
*Brett*

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008 - 06:47:01 PM »
That's some great work.  When you finish that heater box I sold you, I want to see the finished product.  :bigsmile:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008 - 06:36:04 PM »
I have been rounding up cores as I find them, please shoot me an email Slotts.  :wave:

Offline Slotts

This is as low as I will go on it, $375.00 plus shipping to C-C members with a 100+ posts.

I can deliver this to Carlisle to save the shipping costs.

Thank you,

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
This is as low as I will go on it, $375.00 plus shipping to C-C members with a 100+ posts.

I can deliver this to Carlisle to save the shipping costs.

Thank you,

Slotts

You still have it Jim? forget the engine controller for my Chevy, I want that for my car! PM me with shipping cost to 88220 please Jim.  :bigsmile:
Duh, I see you have shipping listed as 35 bucks. I do have an original defogger blower somewhere laying around, what might I get for the core? Thanks,

Brett
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008 - 03:59:24 PM by bb71challenger »
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
You still have it Jim? forget the engine controller for my Chevy, I want that for my car! PM me with shipping cost to 88220 please Jim.  :bigsmile:
Duh, I see you have shipping listed as 35 bucks. I do have an original defogger blower somewhere laying around, what might I get for the core? Thanks,

Brett

Brett, Jim is taking a few hundred dollar loss at 375. You may wanna maybe just donate the core to him for another rebuild to members :2thumbs: I saw the complete set up last week. It is more then perfect. Youwill not be dissapointed