Author Topic: 1971 CUDA ROLLER READY TO BE REDONE! LAST OF THE GOOD DEALS!  (Read 3934 times)

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
1971 CUDA ROLLER READY TO BE REDONE! LAST OF THE GOOD DEALS!
« on: June 20, 2008 - 07:39:30 PM »
Guys, we have a 1971 318 Barracuda that is sitting in primer. It still needs a little more work but is fairly close to being completely ready for paint. We have replaced the quarters, trunk, and floor pans. We do not have any extra parts for the car. What you see is what you get. We are asking 12,500. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Shawn
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008 - 04:58:23 PM by shawnmid »
FastMetalToys.com

Offline xylic

Re: 1970 CUDA ROLLER READY TO BE REDONE! LAST OF THE GOOD DEALS!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008 - 11:59:02 AM »
good deal? LOL good luck on your sale.

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008 - 12:24:12 PM »
good deal? LOL good luck on your sale.
Seems like a decent deal to me.  The metal that was replaced alone is worth over $2,000.00, let alone the labor to remove and replace.  Good luck.  :2thumbs:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008 - 12:34:05 PM »
Fender tag??
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008 - 05:30:10 PM »
Thanks! I'm not sure if we have one but I will check first thing Monday. I do remember the car is an original Rally Red car but thats about all I know. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008 - 06:06:51 PM »
Title, Vin available?  Just asking as there is no Dash in the car....

Tom :dunno:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008 - 04:57:57 PM »
Yea guys, sorry about this but it is a 1971. We have another Cuda that is a 70 that is close to the same state and for some reason I thought it was this one. So it is a 1971 and we don't have a VIN tag or fender tag. We do have a title and it is just a 318 car. We are also at 12,500 on this one. I apologize. Please let me know if you need anything else.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline xylic

Re: 1971 CUDA ROLLER READY TO BE REDONE! LAST OF THE GOOD DEALS!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008 - 09:36:50 PM »
shawn i have a serious/honest question. im out of state and interested, but when I googled your name this thread over at d-c came up about you guys. Would you mind addressing their claims? Nothing personal, but before i drop some serious money just want to make sure it isnt on something like one of HLPAG's cars.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45558.0.html

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008 - 03:17:08 AM »
What the fu#$?!?! First off, I've never EVER had anyone locally buy or even look at one of our cars finished. Secondly, the cars that they are talking about, ALL OF THEM were sold Overseas and I will GLADLY point anyone who has questions in their direction. The only custom builds we have done for ANYONE in the States has been Phil Cole and another gentleman by the name of Michael Wallac which he came down, inspected the entire build every step of the way and was "ESCTATIC" when he received it. I dont know who the @#$# "hplag" is but it has nothing to do with what we do. I have not had  A SINGLE person upset with a car they have purchased from us and ANYONE ON THIS PLANET is welcome to come in to our shop any day of the week and inspect each and every single car. The majority of my business is done overseas. I have sold one Cuda in the States in the past year and a half minus our custom builds. I'm pasting this nonsense over there. I'm sorry guys, that is suuuuuuper frustrating.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008 - 03:40:02 AM »
Jesus that makes me angry. I'm really sorry guys. I hate ranting or being negative but those guys who are posting ****, they have never came out and seen any of our cars so it is extremely frustrating. We never sacrifice the quality of our work because we know that in the end it will only hurt what we are trying to do. We are not just some cobble flippers, we want to sustain what we are doing and to build off of it. Like I told them, I will gladly show anyone any of our cars any time of day. This is the first time I have ever found someone bad mouthing what we do and it would actually mean something if it was someone who actually owned one of our cars but fortunately, it is not. Anywho, I'm sorry guys. Didnt mean to lose it.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008 - 05:12:51 AM »
If you need to vent we are hear to listen.............................. :swaying:

Keep cool and just make a note somewhere of the person or persons who have been stirring trouble for you old mate. :thinkerg:

I would like to see more of your work as you progress as long as your customers did not mind you posting their cars up as you build them :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008 - 08:57:14 AM »
Shawn, they're likely reacting to many of the quick sell cars that have been sold over the last year or so. The driver quality cars that were good enough to sell as-is and which didn't warrant a full restoration.

Those were far from perfect, but they weren't your work, they weren't misrepresented when sold and I'm not sure those guys realize that there's a difference between those cars and the cars you actually restore.

To fill you in on the HLPAG madness, Shawn. HLPAG is the Leudtke(sp?) Auto Group out of Lake Villa, IL. They're known for misrepresenting Charger shells and for building slapdash General Lee clones. They've got a really bad rep on the Charger boards and it seems like it's for good reason. I heard one guy bought a shell from those guys who said that the "old trunk pan had been removed and was ready to replace" which really meant "the trunk floor is completely missing because it rusted away completely." Things like that.

BTW, how's my car coming?

Offline Bart

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008 - 09:31:09 AM »
Shawn.

Didn't you buy my Green 70 Cuda 440 car from Texas?

Regards
1970 Cuda 383
2008 Titan
2010 G37s
1996 Advantage Victory 27 502ci
2013 HD Roadking

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008 - 06:33:54 PM »
Bart, I don't think so. I know we had called someone about a Sublime Cuda out of Texas but we never followed through with purchasing it. I'm really sorry guys, I hate losing it like that. You should go take a look at what that moron is writing now. Now he's just back tracking and tripping over himself. Stupid prick. Anywho, on to a more positive subject. PHIL! I am going down to the shop on Monday and I will get photos of everything. I have some old ones which I'm not sure if Rich sent them to you or not but they are located below. The AC, drive train, interior, everything is being buttoned up. We're waiting on the fuel inject Six Pack setup, the rubber bumpers, and some small odd's and end's. The only big item we are waiting on is the fuel injected setup which Scott told me should be here any day. The wheel and tire setup on the car looks unreal. Take a look:

FastMetalToys.com

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008 - 06:44:33 PM »
Shawn, no worries here. I have seen your work all throughout the year now. I always see new metal on your cars , not rust bucket bondo as claimed. And everyone here as posted before in previous adds had mentioned each car you did, you got better and better. Remember the wrinkle in the head liner? And how you were so concerned about your cars, you would ask us all here to pick them apart for you  in any areas we saw may need attention?  Don't let some newbie that hadnt been here long turn your nature upside down. If the guy would just go through some of your old posts and pictures, then he may see some light instead of just internet chat stuff. Hang in there. That duke boy sight doesnt know you or your e bodies for that matter. There just a bunch of goood ole boys, never doin no harm, in trouble with the law  yadda yadda....shows how much I watch the charger show. 

Da da da da dada dada da da da da :2thumbs:  Hang in there :wave: