Author Topic: More Parts For Sale  (Read 18998 times)

Offline 71ChallengerSE

Re: More Parts For Sale
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008 - 03:47:14 PM »
I'd like to see pictures of the "wrecked" cuda. :faint:

Offline oldkoot

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008 - 04:09:37 PM »
Hey Guys,
I'm a member of the A bodies only site and just registered here to give you a heads up. I received 2 emails today about this Brian Toretto because I HAVE THESE CARBURETORS FOR SALE ON THE FABO Site. He or she has copied my listing complete with pictures onto this site as well as on craigslist http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/739742219.htmland possibly other sites. BUYER BEWARE of this person.

PS I asked the administrator of the FABO site to remove my listing so as not to be associated with this person.

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008 - 04:17:14 PM »
Plot thickens.  Got this reply from Brian immediately after openning the Payal dispute this morning.  Never met a thief who would give a response, let alone one so quickly...

From Seller: Brian Torretto on 7/3/2008 09:58 PDT

Dear Antonio,
My account is now frozen I have no way to send the money back, I have been working, trying to refund all the money. I understand your frustration in not receiving your money and now I am being blamed for posting the Carbs up for sale all over the internet I have found 2 postings for the carbs on craigslist but when emailed the poster had a different email address. I am doing the best I can to solve this quickly and without pissing anyone off I understand your actions but all that was left in my paypal account last night was 67 dollars so obviously there is something fishy going on here. I am choosing the issue buyer a full refund but I do not know how well that will work considering all the pronblems with thsi damn account. Please let me know if it works. Thank you for your time and sorry for this fiasco.

Offline Robchally

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008 - 05:18:25 PM »
  :(

I fear my gut feeling is slowly letting me down..... evidence piling up.....
good luck scatterbrian!! And all others who are in doubt on this subject....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008 - 05:33:47 PM »
I hope its not a scam but it sure sounds like one. I think we need to stipulate that members have a more than a few posts before they can list things for sale here. When one of us gets burned its like someone is screwing with part of my family.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Slotts

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008 - 05:55:07 PM »
 :iagree:

Well stated.

Slotts

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008 - 07:32:08 PM »
This is what i recieved and sent back as a reply to Amy;

Quote from: torrettobrian on July 03, 2008, 03:29:16 PM
Dear hemiken,

Could you tell me what craigslist is? I opened the email today and there were 10 emails from people asking about a craigslist posting. There were also emails from earlier today from our email account talking to these men about selling the Carb. I have changed the password but could you tell me the other places you have seen my husbands Carbs for sale? I apologize , and I truly do not know what is going on, I have received emails and a phone call from paypal regarding trouble with fraud and scamming. I do not know what to do can you offer any advice?

Hello Amy,
The best thing you could do is let him sort out his own mess  take a laptop computer to him in hospital and make him fix everything.........  He should not have left everything up to you to do.  Best bit of advice is get a laptop to him   
I am not up with craiglist, but i would make out a list and make sure he has not double sold the carbys to two different people.

Let me know how you go please.   And if the Paypal account can be rectified or Brian mentioned he had a freind who does Paypal, for a quick solution for people you guys have recieved money from ask Brian if his freind would mind re-imbursing the funds to the parties involved.  You should have a list by now.

Thanks,
Kenny.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008 - 08:54:42 PM »
I don't know if this helps, but anyone who bought from him could call Paypal and ask if they can check his past history?

Is he verified? How long a current member with Paypal? It may shed some light on the situation a little more on who they're dealing with.

I hope everyone comes out of this fine.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008 - 09:07:21 PM »
He is not verified.  He was initially using some little known pay site.

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008 - 09:09:21 PM »
SCAMMER ALERT demon and holley carbs!!!Jul 2, 2008 ... Google this guys e-mail address (torrettobrian@gmail.com) read ... Email me at torrettobrian@gmail.com i'll be on gtalk all night to chat. ...
lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/740808932.html - Similar pages

SCAMMER ALERT!! Holley, Demon, dyno tester / scammer scammer ALERT!!!!Jul 2, 2008 ... Email me at torrettobrian@gmail.com i'll be on gtalk all night to chat. Be quick this is a steal! Location: He's from alaska; it's NOT ok to ...
lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/740621802.html - Similar pages

Print Page - More Parts For SaleStill in boxes These all have electric chokes and quick change secondary spring pots Contact me at torrettobrian@gmail.com Location: Alaska I will Ship ...
www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?action=printpage;topic=46513.0 - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

More Parts For SaleStill in boxes These all have electric chokes and quick change secondary spring pots Contact me at torrettobrian@gmail.com Location: Alaska I will Ship ...
www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=46513.0 - 73k - Cached - Similar pages

Wife Making me Get Rid of the Goodies (sold)Contact : torrettobrian@gmail.com Pic as seen on the website I posted it's the full kit brand new not even out of its packaging ...
www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=46450.0 - 42k - Cached - Similar pages

Wife making me sell parts - Mopar ClassifiedsEmail me at torrettobrian@gmail for pics and more info please Edited by pantherpinkcuda (06/26/08 02:14 PM). Top. Page 1 of 1, 1. Previous Topic ...
www.440magnum.net/mopar/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/16 - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

Wife making me sell parts - Mopar ClassifiedsEmail me at torrettobrian@gmail for pics and more info please Edited by pantherpinkcuda (Today at 02:14 PM). Top. Page 1 of 1, 1. Previous Topic ...
www.440magnum.net/mopar/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=16 - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Holley Street Avenger Barry Grant Road Demon Quick Fuel Race CarbJul 1, 2008 ... Email me at torrettobrian@gmail.com i'll be on gtalk all night to chat. Be quick this is a steal! it's NOT ok to contact this poster with ...
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/739742219.html - Similar pages

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008 - 12:38:52 AM »
When I asked for the address to the hosp I had this in mind.  I just didnt want to come out and say it and risk sounding VERY insensitive.  But I fear that my suspisions were right on.  I mean it wont be hard to find this person if someone REALLY wants to find them.  Its a matter of $ vs. time vs. effort vs. motivation.  I HATE that this has happened.  This is not the kind of thing that c-c.c stands for and is a blemish on our way of life here.  Im feel very bad that someone has taken advantage of our system here.  It makes me sick to know we will now have to be so cautious in our dealings.... for what a couple hundred dollars this sucks. 

Now that being said if Mrs. Toretto can provide some proof that her situation depicted here is real I will appolgize for my conclusions.  But... for now Im under the opinion that some of the members here have been ripped off!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008 - 05:02:06 AM »
This is one of the first e-mails i received and is Brian address if anyone can do a check please.  I also have filed a dispute claim just to cover my back aswell..............

I apologize for the hassle but I d not have a paypal account. In the middle of a move right now it would be hard to set one up get it verified and whatnot. I seem to be able to trust you and do not believe you would withdraw funds or whatever but if it is possible for you I would prefer egold that is how everything is setup here. My account number is 546391.

1981 East Blackbill St
 Anchorage
 Alaska
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2008 - 10:41:23 AM »
this is bad.... I remember a while back on Moparts there was an exact type of email that ended up the same way as this one seems to be heading too. The seller was getting rid of stuff very quickly and priced just under what you would sell them for so it looked like he was in a desperate financial need. He collected a bunch of money and then no one heard from him, a week later his wife got on the forum and said her husband had a car accident and she would return the money..... It never happened..... it got UGLY real fast   :villagers:

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008 - 10:42:28 AM »
Hemiken,

When did you order with Brian?  When I ordered last Thursday he had already setup a paypal account.  That address doesn't come back with anything in google maps.

This is one of the first e-mails i received and is Brian address if anyone can do a check please.  I also have filed a dispute claim just to cover my back aswell..............

I apologize for the hassle but I d not have a paypal account. In the middle of a move right now it would be hard to set one up get it verified and whatnot. I seem to be able to trust you and do not believe you would withdraw funds or whatever but if it is possible for you I would prefer egold that is how everything is setup here. My account number is 546391.

1981 East Blackbill St
 Anchorage
 Alaska

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008 - 05:59:36 PM »
I would like to know who purchased the disc brake and suspension set up from him.  That person is the one who really got stuck if he sent money to Brian.  I had contacted Brian and he said I could pay half the asking price of 1K for the kit and pay the other half upon arrival of the parts.  When I contacted him again to try to go through with the deal he said that the parts were already sold.  Seems to me that he could have still taken me for 500 bucks if he wanted to, but didn't.
  So does anyone know who purchased the brake and suspension kit set up? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee