Author Topic: More Parts For Sale  (Read 19015 times)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: More Parts For Sale
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008 - 06:05:48 PM »
I don't think the guy on abodies only.com even knows his stuff was listed for sale here. Hope it didn't screw him in any way, oldkoot that is.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008 - 07:10:16 PM »
Hemiken,

When did you order with Brian?  When I ordered last Thursday he had already setup a paypal account.  That address doesn't come back with anything in google maps.

Hi Scatterbrain,

It was Thursday june 26th when i finalized.  I said i would not pay by e-gold and he said he would set up a Paypal account.................................
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

hannah

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008 - 07:36:26 PM »
Just angers me so much to read this happening...been here for awhile now and it's so obvious it's "family" here...seems personal regardless who it happened to

:villagers:

OK well it would help if Ross can retrieve the IP address...Alaska may just be another ploy and not the true place of residency. I have a system that can check IP's from a previous forum I use to supervise and am sure that Ross has access to the same...

Run the IP it will give important information...real name...possible address but also the provider who should be contacted as internet fraud is against the law and punishable and they may be able to help in locating this suspicious character

Am sorry to those of you that were tricked

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008 - 08:10:50 PM »
I wouldn't use e-gold either.  I emailed paypal last night for options, but being its the 4th I doubt I'll hear anything til next week. 

Hi Scatterbrain,

It was Thursday june 26th when i finalized.  I said i would not pay by e-gold and he said he would set up a Paypal account.................................

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2008 - 08:11:04 PM »
The fact that this person wanted to use "egold" on it's own sounds fishy to begin with

http://news.cnet.com/E-Gold-charged-with-money-laundering/2100-1017_3-6180302.html
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Robchally

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008 - 06:55:30 AM »
I would like to know who purchased the disc brake and suspension set up from him.  That person is the one who really got stuck if he sent money to Brian.  I had contacted Brian and he said I could pay half the asking price of 1K for the kit and pay the other half upon arrival of the parts.  When I contacted him again to try to go through with the deal he said that the parts were already sold.  Seems to me that he could have still taken me for 500 bucks if he wanted to, but didn't.
  So does anyone know who purchased the brake and suspension kit set up? 

To me he mailed that it was sold and picked up that saturday-night. It was on the craigslist too.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008 - 10:52:08 AM »
This is a bummer!! I've been reading through these postings and it smells rotten the more I read through it as more details on this guy come to light. One thing I did notice is that his "wife" Amy posted on July 2nd at 12:07am, that her husband was in a car accident "a few days ago" and the carbs were smashed in the accident and he is in the hospital. BUT, Brian placed a post on the Los Angeles (Central LA area) Craigslist on July 1st. These were for the same carbs that were "supposedly" smashed in the accident not to mention the fact that he would have had to post the listing from the hospital!!! I say SCAM!!!!  :villagers:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008 - 01:46:06 PM »
Evidence is pretty damning.  I escalated the claim to paypal for resolution.  Their resolution ability isn't as good as it used to be, but its better than e-golds.  I'll keep everybody here posted.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008 - 07:53:47 PM »
I have upgraded from a dispute to a claim aswell >:(

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008 - 10:21:45 PM »
Sorry for the loss here guys. How about the fact that he happend to have all of his "for sale" parts in the car with him. Rediculous.

:villagers:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline acgwinn

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008 - 12:10:25 PM »
I have upgraded from a dispute to a claim aswell >:(

How long did you have to wait before it allowed you to change a dispute to a claim?  Paypal is saying that my dispute has only been open for 3 days to give it alittle more time and won't allow me to change my dispute to a claim.  Damian.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008 - 12:27:53 PM »
How long did you have to wait before it allowed you to change a dispute to a claim?  Paypal is saying that my dispute has only been open for 3 days to give it alittle more time and won't allow me to change my dispute to a claim.  Damian.
I put the dispute in one day and upgraded to a claim by the next day :o

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008 - 07:15:21 PM »
I put the dispute in one day and upgraded to a claim by the next day :o

Same here.  In the upgrade to my claim I did list what was going on and why I felt that this was a scammer.

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008 - 06:04:15 PM »
-
Holy s..t  what a story, - you poor boys...  :bricks1:    :swear:   :pullinghair:
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2008 - 09:37:09 AM »
-
Holy s..t  what a story, - you poor boys...  :bricks1:    :swear:   :pullinghair:

UPDATES :dunno:  ?

Such a shame guys :bricks1: