More Parts For Sale

Author Topic: More Parts For Sale  (Read 19024 times)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: More Parts For Sale
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2008 - 12:19:19 PM »
The guy on a-bodies.com, oldkoot, didn't get screwed in any way.  He actually sold a few of the carbs.  He might have a few more of the carbs left. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2008 - 06:08:16 PM »
Paypal sent a letter to the seller on the 5th.  He has 10 days to respond, so I'll know more by the 15th.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008 - 08:43:07 AM »
Hey Guys,  This is Paypals bull sh!t reply. :banghead: Their guarantee is not worth a pinch of Sh!t

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the BuyerComplaint described below. We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover anyfunds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds inquestion if they become available in the seller's account in the future,and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action mayinclude issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating theaccount. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, includingmember complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understandour policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal. 
 -----------------------------------Transaction Details
-----------------------------------  Seller's Name: Brian TorrettoSeller's Email: torrettobrian@gmail.comSeller’s Transaction ID: 7L8402730W984871S Transaction Date: 25 Jun 2008Transaction Amount: -$180.00 USDYour Transaction ID: 42X65053HN498754PCase Number: PP-505-531-028 Buyer's Transaction ID: 42X65053HN498754P   
-----------------------------------What to Do Next
----------------------------------- This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time. 
-----------------------------------Other Details
----------------------------------- To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit thePayPal site and click the Security Centre link located at the bottom of anypage. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the"Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section. Sincerely,PayPalProtection Services Department  Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and youwill not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal accountand click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page. BC:PP-505-531-028:R2:USD180.00:07/03/2008:42X65053HN498754P
---------------------------------------------------------------- Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). Any generalfinancial product advice provided in this site has not taken into accountyour objectives, financial situations or needs.
---------------------------------------------------------------- PayPal Email ID PP805
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2008 - 02:26:31 PM »
Dear Antonio Garcia,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $63.03 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Looks like I was first in line to get his money.  The last time I spoke with him when I first opened the case he said he had about $67 dollars in his account.  I just checked my paypal account and the money is already there.  Sorry Hemiken. 

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2008 - 12:27:24 AM »
Hey Scatterbrain,

How much more do they owe you  :dunno:

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2008 - 04:17:57 PM »
Looks like my response got rolled back...  They still owe me about 116.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2008 - 04:40:45 PM »
I agree that this is Bull$&%#,this is exactly why you pay for using paypal---security in the transaction.I think that if they don't take care of us all on this then people should let them know why they won't be using paypal anymore and I mean you should post everywhere you can on the internet so that they can take it in the pocket$$$$$$ where it will hurt the most.And if anyone can get me the real address of the scammer?please pm me the info and I will have him taken care of,He'll wish he was in an accident.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008 - 07:35:35 PM »
I wonder if this guy is even a "car guy" ?? Id love to kick his teeth in @ a swap meet!!  :swear:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2008 - 07:55:16 PM »
The crazy part about it is he could be reading this daily and laughing about it.  Has anyone found any info on who the guy is? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008 - 09:11:54 PM »
No but if I can find a challenger vert/with a Hemi engine stashed away for 26 years and that started with a story in a friends garage.I am wondering how hard it would be to find a turd thief?And if anyone has any info at all on this turd?please forward it to me.This might be fun,I love the hunt.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2008 - 10:07:57 PM »
Hunting is always the fun part!

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008 - 12:21:55 AM »
  By the way, Oldkoot on  abodiesonly.com does have these same carbs for sale.  I would be glad to help anyone get the carbs if you are still interested. 

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2008 - 12:26:02 AM »
No but if I can find a challenger vert/with a Hemi engine stashed away for 26 years and that started with a story in a friends garage.I am wondering how hard it would be to find a turd thief?And if anyone has any info at all on this turd?please forward it to me.This might be fun,I love the hunt.
We must have some computer genius on our forum that have the know how to track down a vacinity or location on where to start looking. :villagers: please guys......................

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2008 - 07:42:38 AM »
Man, I feel real bad for you guys that got swindled by this piece of crap!  :swear:  :stomp:  :pullinghair: .  At first I thought this guy was legit but it looks doubtful that he'll come through. 

:iagree:  Maybe there should be a minimum # of posts that a person should have before being able to sell stuff here to help avoid this issue.  It won't completely solve the issue but mey help deter any "fly by night" sort of people.  At least they should have some time invested here.  Yes, it may prevent some good sellers from coming on the site but IMO is it worth it for good standing members to be preyed upon by people like this?

Will an IP address lead to an actual physical location?  :clueless:

It's really sad that our sense of trust on the forum has been violated.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2008 - 09:51:05 AM »
An IP address can lead to the general Domain they are using. Can any of the mods pull an IP address from any of his posts?

Man, I feel real bad for you guys that got swindled by this piece of crap!  :swear:  :stomp:  :pullinghair: .  At first I thought this guy was legit but it looks doubtful that he'll come through. 

:iagree:  Maybe there should be a minimum # of posts that a person should have before being able to sell stuff here to help avoid this issue.  It won't completely solve the issue but mey help deter any "fly by night" sort of people.  At least they should have some time invested here.  Yes, it may prevent some good sellers from coming on the site but IMO is it worth it for good standing members to be preyed upon by people like this?

Will an IP address lead to an actual physical location?  :clueless:

It's really sad that our sense of trust on the forum has been violated.