Author Topic: The number of cars for sale on ebay keeps climbing every day.  (Read 4292 times)

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
As an avid watcher of ebay I have notices that the number of barracudas posted keeps climbing by the day.  Usually there are about 50 to 60 advertised daily. Then, yesterday there were 71 and today there are 107.  Is the economy taking a toll or do you thank other factors are driving this?

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline mikerallye

Re: The number of cars for sale on ebay keeps climbing every day.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008 - 10:46:01 PM »
My guess is that the high price of gas has taken it toll on the cuda's too. Worst economy I have seen since 1999.  :crying:

Offline willhaven

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008 - 11:22:06 PM »
High gas prices cause people to put their cars in storage (unless they're daily drivers). Selling high end muscle cars seems to happen when they either want something else, or they need lots of money quickly.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008 - 11:27:03 PM »
 :dunno:  I was thinking that people are trying to profit on what is a soft muscle car market that is getting softer everyday because of, amoung other things, the economy....  :dunno: 

I don't know if we'll see million dollar cudas again...what do you think?   :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008 - 12:02:37 AM »
i talked to a customer last sept hes in LA. and he told me to buy all i can between june and august because intrest only on home loans fed much of the high end buyers. and to watch the loans mature and homes will be left empty and cars dumped .boy was he right i purchased 2cars last week .i hope to slam a few fools during divorce season it starts just before nov 20th .cars have a natural cycle each year but high rollers over spent for to long and are ripe now lets dig in . :money: :droolingbounce:

Offline tb3cuda

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008 - 06:23:14 AM »
 I heard that EBAY had lower selling costs for posting auctions this week?  Who knows. 

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008 - 08:16:28 AM »
I heard that EBAY had lower selling costs for posting auctions this week?  Who knows. 

Yes, your first 5 ads are free.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008 - 08:24:38 AM »
Saw a nice driver 70 cuda on moparts for $12,500 two days ago. Couldn't buy that last couple of years for that price :thumbsup: I agree with "dig in" time-too bad I have no cash either :violin:

Offline Winston

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008 - 09:45:00 AM »
Saw a nice driver 70 cuda on moparts for $12,500 two days ago. Couldn't buy that last couple of years for that price :thumbsup: I agree with "dig in" time-too bad I have no cash either :violin:

I went and looked at this car over the weekend.  It's a '74 BS23G4 car that has been cloned to a '70, and the guy did a good job.  The car is not perfect, but it is a nice driver/cruise-in car...I'm still thinking about getting it.  It has the fender tag and buildsheet in case someone would want to put it back to its original condition. Original FE5 car w/ white interior.  It has been converted to a 4-speed with the B&M-style shifter.  All that's left to do is paint the tailpanel black and add the rear valance w/ cut-outs and tips.  Cool car.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008 - 02:04:45 PM »
ebay listing specials and the economy. People are hurting, definitely some good deals to be had if you have some spare cash lying around.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008 - 02:15:40 PM »

Well hopefully this will loosen up some cars, so I can find a nice 70 Cuda Project car.  :2thumbs:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008 - 02:19:17 PM »
Well hopefully this will loosen up some cars, so I can find a nice 70 Cuda Project car.  :2thumbs:

Here's a '71 Cuda project car...

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/car/723925188.html

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008 - 12:01:52 PM »
I went and looked at this car over the weekend.  It's a '74 BS23G4 car that has been cloned to a '70, and the guy did a good job.  The car is not perfect, but it is a nice driver/cruise-in car...I'm still thinking about getting it.  It has the fender tag and buildsheet in case someone would want to put it back to its original condition. Original FE5 car w/ white interior.  It has been converted to a 4-speed with the B&M-style shifter.  All that's left to do is paint the tailpanel black and add the rear valance w/ cut-outs and tips.  Cool car.

Plz tell me you are not talking about the Yellow car in Mechicsville. I kinda think you are.

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008 - 06:59:54 AM »
So, I am kind of wondering, where did the people that appear to be dumping their cars get the money in the first place to buy them? Is it a simple case of biting off more than they could chew? Did they mortgage the house? sell the wife and kids,but kept the dog? or were they just jumping in hoping to make a killing on their investment(s). Did greed overcome sanity? For those that are forced to unload, I do feel kind of bad, but they did fuel the market! Every market needs a correction every now and then, but are we becoming a dumping ground for others poor investment tactics?
 :dunno:

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.