Author Topic: 1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye  (Read 4155 times)

Offline SithVegeta

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye
« on: June 26, 2008 - 03:26:35 PM »
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, slap stik automatic... check the auction for pics:

i jacked up my original listing when i was trying to add the new pic of the car that was dry and reposted everything.. hahahah so here is the new listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160255371800
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008 - 01:12:42 AM by SithVegeta »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: 1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008 - 06:17:50 PM »
I was just looking at that on E-bay. Is the front bumper pitted, or is it wet in the picture? Are those original miles?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008 - 06:31:27 PM »
Looks like it was raining out.
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008 - 06:38:13 PM »
Wet in the photo, but the close-up of the hood looks like the paint may be peeling.  Then again, it could be the contrast between wet and dry spots.  Why wouldn't the seller dry it off before snapping photos - you'd think he'd have taken one look and realized that flowery language wasn't going to get the job done.

Looks like a nice car, though.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:57:52 PM »
Water can hide allot!  :bigsmile:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008 - 11:07:40 PM »
It is a nice looking car. The presentation was a a bit overboard. I wonder what the reserve is?  He took a 5 yr loan out on it and 1 year paid on the loan.  I think some better pictures, less glamour build up and real language might push the car into the high teens or possibly the low 20's but not 30k.  I loved laughing about the roar of a 8/1 compression 340 cast crank engine. If he had an earlier engine, he would still have less than 350 hp in stock condition.

Still a dry towel would show the car better :2cents:

Offline SithVegeta

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008 - 12:32:17 AM »
Awww come on guys. I thought surely of all the places I posted someone would get a kick out of the build up here.  :violin:

Anyway to answer some questions. No the front bumper isn't pitted. There is a small portion where the chrome has peeled back. I didn't dry it off before taking the picture because I didn't plan on selling it when I took that shot. However I did add a new picture of the car dry for your viewing pleasure. No the engine isn't as loud as, nor does it get as much hp, torque or anything else as a 528 hemi but I'd say for the 73 model year a 340 would probably be your best bet for stock engine performance when compared to the 360 and the 318. As far as the originality of the miles, I couldn't prove it on paper but I'm telling you that I have no reason to believe its not, after talking to the dealer and the previous owner and discussing the driving habits of the original owner.

To offset the language I tried to cover as much ground as possible including listing the fender options, all details that I could think of that aren't shown in the pictures and all the defects. I'd say I did a bang up job compared to most ebay listings just because Id like to have a buyer who can really appreciate not just this car but has a passion for mopars in general.  :2thumbs:

oh man... im not an ebay connossieur. i messed up my original post and had to re-list... post is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160255371800
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008 - 01:08:49 AM by SithVegeta »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008 - 12:54:29 AM »
what's your reserve?

Offline SithVegeta

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008 - 01:11:48 AM »
im not sure why people ask that.... i think its bad to tell people that isn't it? anyway i based my reserve on what i still owe and compared to the buy it now prices of cars that are near my reserve, my car is definitely a better deal.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008 - 01:39:24 AM »
Whoops - didn't realize it was your own listing - I just clicked on the link.  I'm sorry for insulting you - guess I should have been a little more circumspect in the language.  Good luck with your sale.  It does look like a pretty nice car.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline SithVegeta

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008 - 01:57:02 AM »
No worries man! By the way since I had the opportunity to re-list I took you guy's advice and threw out the pretty language  :woo:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008 - 01:52:29 PM »
 :ylsuper:  I only asked about the reserve not to bid but to help out. I myself wont be bidding on the car for one thing, but do know some values of the cars. And in this post I mentioned about what it might be worth. If the reserve was too high, you may end up keeping the car . Prices are down. So as far as asking a reserve question, when I see something I want and make a big, I bid on what it is worth to me, so if a reserve isnt met, it means it's more then I would pay.  People on ebay ask about reserves for more then 1 reason. Some maybe feel they dont have a chance and wont even bother?  Also a 73 ebody holds the lowest value of all ebodies. They were made the most in that year, low compression, cast crank, and it isn't a 4 spd. So just these few things keeps the value down compared to a 72 /74. Then As you know, a 70/71 is more desireable .

Good luck selling your car....Also back in the days when these cars were built, it was a well known fact a green car was bad luck at the race track. Thus, you see very few old race cars painted green. I like green myself, but never had a green race car either. So if you got a stupid reserve on the car, it may be worth that much only to you :clueless:

Still a nice car :2thumbs:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008 - 04:08:51 PM »
Your new re-listing is MUCH better than the one you first posted.  :thumbsup: The engine looks super, but the black makes it look like a Chevy engine bay. That is my only minor nit-picking complaint. That's a sweet car. I'll be watching the auction.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline SithVegeta

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008 - 10:18:55 PM »
Thanks guys. Also thanks for that info on the color green, I'm not sure who painted it green but the fender tag says it was originally an EW1 (Eggshell White) which in my opinion would look much better to begin with. I see where you are coming from as far as the reserve goes and I wasn't aware that 4 spds were more valuable, I guess that just depends on the buyer (I personally like automatics even though hurst pistol grips sure are sexy  :naughty:) Either way, thanks for the compliments!!  :biggrin: