Author Topic: US supreme court overturns DC gun ban  (Read 2435 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
US supreme court overturns DC gun ban
« on: June 26, 2008 - 10:02:55 PM »
Today in a split decision, the US Supreme Court overturned the District of Columbia gun ban. This is good news for gun owners. I don't advocate gun violence or gun irresponsibilty or mental patients having a gun ect, but I think every law abiding American has the right to keep a gun in his home and be able to defend him/her self. We all know that thugs and criminals will get guns no matter what the laws are. And I think some of our board members from down under might chime in here as I understand it, the murder rate in Australia has gone up since the gun ban there has been in place?? I think the US constitution was pretty clear when it was written. Not to offend anyone as I love God, country and am all for love and peace, but if someone breaks into my home and night with ill intent. Well lets just say he might die of lead poisoning!!  :nono:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
Re: US supreme court overturns DC gun ban
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:12:46 PM »
Amen!!    :wavingflag:
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:21:48 PM »
I do not own a gun myself, other than a pump bb gun. But I support the right to bare arms 100% and think we should never ever give up this right.

Think about it

Other countries are affraid to really raid the USA since besides the military and enforcment carrying arms, the other country would have to fight just about every single american in the USA. They have only 1 real solution and that would be to send a bomb or poison. They couldnt fight us 1 on 1.   Keep the weapons and use them wisely and safely.

This is my un logical way to put it. And I aprove this add :bigsmile:   DONT VOTE FOR ME :smilielol:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:23:52 PM »
No arguments from me.  :wavingflag:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:29:30 PM »
Thank God the logic free zone in Washington finally took a stand.

And since this  :useless:  I will post up what stands guard at my house each night.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:33:13 PM »
No arguments from me.  :wavingflag:

:grinyes: Just to lazy to get the camera!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline LAA66

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:57:29 PM »
 Glad to hear the decision also. :woo:

My friend told me the other day that they are banning shooting squirels and other varmints in Ca. with 22's due to the lead from the bullet getting into the food chain. I know they tried with shotguns but now rifles and pistols. :dunno:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008 - 10:59:04 PM »
Did you see the gun control nuts on TV. They are basically saying that it will just make their job a little harder. Now they are saying that since DC has the right to regulate gun shops, they can just make it impossible to open a gun shop there. I would never want to live in that crap-hole, or anywhere near it.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008 - 01:49:55 AM »
I am glad the government actually sat down and read the Constitution this time.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008 - 03:04:41 AM »
Today in a split decision, the US Supreme Court overturned the District of Columbia gun ban. This is good news for gun owners. I don't advocate gun violence or gun irresponsibilty or mental patients having a gun ect, but I think every law abiding American has the right to keep a gun in his home and be able to defend him/her self. We all know that thugs and criminals will get guns no matter what the laws are. And I think some of our board members from down under might chime in here as I understand it, the murder rate in Australia has gone up since the gun ban there has been in place?? I think the US constitution was pretty clear when it was written. Not to offend anyone as I love God, country and am all for love and peace, but if someone breaks into my home and night with ill intent. Well lets just say he might die of lead poisoning!!  :nono:

Matt B.
:iagree: Well said!  :woohoo:
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008 - 04:35:51 AM »

Matt B.
This is great news! I read about it in norwegian medias as well. About crime rates after gun bans, they have increased also in Britain after the gun ban. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fopinion%2F2003%2F01%2F05%2Fdo0502.xml

I can only wish that the norwegian apparatchiks and the nomenklatura would allow the people to defend ourselves. Instead, we're actually supposed to let bad things happen, and then report the crime to the police later, who in turn will drop the case due to lack of fundings and manpower. However, if you decides to defend yourself, then the police WILL press charges, and you WILL be prosecuted. And usually, but luckily not always, you WILL recieve a sentence. So basically, for all practical purposes, what the law means, make sure no-one finds out about what you does...
When the state fails to protects it's citizens, and denies them to stand up for themselves, I will choose civil obedience.
Personally, I feel that everyone should have a silenced 22.lr available. :naughty:

The police isn't all bad though, can't really blame them for following the politicians policies.
A friend was told by a police officer, if he happens to shoot and kill an intruder, he should fire a shot in the roof afterwards, so he could claim to have fired a warning shot. The forensics would have no way of knowing which shot were fired first.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008 - 05:42:04 PM by Ornamental »
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008 - 07:35:50 AM »
Finally !

Now criminals won't be the only ones armed in DC.  Last thing I want is to be the only one in a fight without a gun.

P.G.

Ruger .22 auto
S&W .357 wheelgun
Lee Enfield #1 Mk4
Winchester 97 riot gun

Olde English Gun Shoppe right acroos the road from the house :bigsmile:
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:10:43 PM »
And no one is concerned that this was not a 9-0 decision?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008 - 05:03:44 AM by FY1 RT SE »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:51:45 PM »
! more thing I dislike about Canaduh ,no Right to bear arms here ,it is a Huge ordeal just to get a firearm here ,yet the criminals all have guns & lots of them

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:53:12 PM »
! more thing I dislike about Canaduh ,no Right to bear arms here ,it is a Huge ordeal just to get a firearm here ,yet the criminals all have guns & lots of them

I was at cabela's today looking through their stock. WOW   they must have a million bucks in guns