Author Topic: Spintech muffler swap on a TTI exhaust  (Read 2101 times)

Offline BP23G0B

Spintech muffler swap on a TTI exhaust
« on: June 26, 2008 - 11:44:42 PM »
I grew tired of the Dynomax superturbo mufflers that came with my 2.5" TTI exhaust.  After some measuring and correspondence with Ron at Spintech mufflers, I purchased 2 Spintech Pro Streets #6334.  These have a headpipe/tailpipe offset similar to the DynoMax superturbo #DYN17733 supplied by TTI (within 0.25").  The overall length is close as well.  This worked out great and the tips fit nicely within the valance cutouts.  I did have to have the TTI head pipes and tail pipes shortened a little, but it was worth it.  I'll try to get a clip of the mufflers this weekend if it stays dry.  Just thought I'd post this for anyone looking at getting a different sound from their TTI pipes.

'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
'14 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: Spintech muffler swap on a TTI exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008 - 07:24:12 AM »
I've always wondered what spintechs sound like.

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008 - 07:49:45 AM »
Me too. I'd love to hear a video clip of it. I'm kind of tired of my Dynomax mufflers too.
Dave

Offline BP23G0B

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008 - 02:34:22 PM »

Videos are up,

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008 - 02:36:10 PM by BP23G0B »
'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008 - 03:40:11 PM »
The first clip sounded a lot better after you picked up the camcorder. I was wanting you to make it wail in the second clip  :crying:
I have a friend who swears by spintech and prefers the sound over flowmasters and others.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline BP23G0B

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008 - 09:39:15 PM »
The first clip sounded a lot better after you picked up the camcorder. I was wanting you to make it wail in the second clip  :crying:
I have a friend who swears by spintech and prefers the sound over flowmasters and others.

I'll have to get some more video at WOT.  They really scream at high RPM.  I ran out of disc space and the camera shut off filming in-car.  It's a photo camera with a video option so the video isn't that great.  Here, I just wanted to show how quiet the cabin was at cruise (the windows were down). 

'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe

nivvy

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008 - 09:47:09 PM »
too much "recoil" sound  :2cents:  I like open headers better  :scared:    lol

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008 - 10:25:22 PM »
I'll have to get some more video at WOT.  They really scream at high RPM.  I ran out of disc space and the camera shut off filming in-car.  It's a photo camera with a video option so the video isn't that great.  Here, I just wanted to show how quiet the cabin was at cruise (the windows were down). 

I have flowmasters but to tell you the truth I dont like them much. They sound great at full or part throttle but are too loud and resonate too much for my taste. I want something that is quieter while cruising but lets others know you are there when you want them to. Sounds like I need to look harder at spintechs next time. Thanks for the videos and looking forward to the WOT clip  :popcorn:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*