Author Topic: Congressional Rant  (Read 2805 times)

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
Congressional Rant
« on: June 27, 2008 - 02:18:30 PM »
  :2thumbs:
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Congressional Rant
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008 - 03:48:02 PM »
I would of liked to of heard the responses to the speech the congressman made. He was direct and to the point. 

Good post...thanks

Offline CHUCKS71

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008 - 04:12:39 PM »
I liked what he said about the stuff made in China.
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline inot2old

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008 - 05:25:26 PM »
Gas is $4.00 a gallon, there are American soldiers dying in Iraq, the economy is going to hell & this guy is wasting Congresses time (& our tax dollars)complaining about LIGHT BULBS???"
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008 - 06:11:19 PM »
Gas is $4.00 a gallon, there are American soldiers dying in Iraq, the economy is going to hell & this guy is wasting Congresses time (& our tax dollars)complaining about LIGHT BULBS???"

I would like to think that the 5 minutes for the bulbs was a good thing and that there are a million issues being spoken about on many items. Even inner items dealing with military. Anything and everything is important and all needs to be brought to the open for discussion.

I was watching congress in office last night in their meeting on oil drilling in the USA and the Gulf and the affects when we would see them yadda yadda yadda. So they are on top of many issues. Who know's maybe tonight they will talk about queers getting married. It's all in a days pay in the round table talks.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008 - 07:14:41 AM »
Good rant.  This bill is another example of politicians who have never had to work for a living telling those of us who do, how we should live our lives.  Anyone here been able to go through life without ever breaking a light bulb ?  I agree that with gas at $4.00 a gallon it needs to be addressed, it's the same liberal congress that's blocking our energy independence that's mandating these mercury light bulbs.  ( Only made in China ?  Wonder whose pocket they're in ? ) 

I have some of these bulbs in my house, in rooms that the lights stay on for extended periods, but I'll be danmed if I have the nads to tell anyone else they have to use them.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008 - 10:47:49 AM »
Good rant.  This bill is another example of politicians who have never had to work for a living telling those of us who do, how we should live our lives.  Anyone here been able to go through life without ever breaking a light bulb ?  I agree that with gas at $4.00 a gallon it needs to be addressed, it's the same liberal congress that's blocking our energy independence that's mandating these mercury light bulbs.  ( Only made in China ?  Wonder whose pocket they're in ? ) 

I have some of these bulbs in my house, in rooms that the lights stay on for extended periods, but I'll be danmed if I have the nads to tell anyone else they have to use them.

P.G.

PG, I like your little slogan on the bottom of your post!!!!!!!!!!!!  HOW TRUE
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008 - 09:19:42 PM »
Too bad the light bulb in his hand did not slip out of his hands.  Did you notice how Rep. Tom Tancredo was keeping a very close eye on that light bulb once it was removed from the box?  Imagine the enviromental disaster in fifteen or twenty years when the landfills and water are contaminated with mercury. 

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008 - 09:29:58 PM »
My god, a politician with some common sense!  :cheers:

Ted Poe for President!  :wavingflag:

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:38:14 AM »
Amen to the First Amendment!! So here I go....when I was younger, like 18, I swore I would never care about politics because most of them are dirty worthless pandering slobs. Now, same thing, but I can not believe the inability for them to get anything done. It is amazing that they breath the same air as we all do. It seems that they have no concept of economics and how the World works. I am a right leaning type of guy, and do not understand how the left can give handouts to the people who do nothing and have no responseibilty for themselves. "Please tax us more!" Does anyone serious think that taking more taxes from the people that make more money will benefit the whole? If I make $20K or I make $200K, shouldn't both of us be taxed the same percentage? Make sense to me!
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008 - 04:19:21 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/06/obamas_global_tax_bill_coming.html

http://obama.senate.gov/press/071211-obama_hagel_can/

and everyone is going goole eyed over this guy, hope you enjoy turning over A LOT more of your labor to the government.

Offline CHUCKS71

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008 - 10:04:03 AM »
I guess we don't matter!  :swear:

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:03:45 PM »
I guess we don't matter!  :swear:
Interesting choice of words. 

Of course you matter, but in the wrong way.  They need to have you work harder and longer to provide them with the money they need to give away that they have no right to do in the first place.

THINK ABOUT THIS REAL HARD before you blow this off, even better the next time you are pumping a hundred dollars into your gas tank.

Now you will say that you never talk about politics, but this is not about politics it is about the most precious thing you have, your time/labor that is being stolen from you.

The land that we are being told we cannot drill on is owned by YOU.  You are the government, YOU own that land.  The people that are in the congress serve YOU not the other way around and only YOU can do something about it.  Take the time to find a copy of the Constitution and read it, you are on line anyway so search for it and download it.  It is VERY specific about the role of government and it responsibilities.  Send an email, make a phone call to your Congressman, Senator and the President it only takes a minute of your time compared to the all the time it takes to pay for these ridiculous bills that are being passed.

Talk with your friends and neighbors and explain it to them.  Again this about YOU, not politics.  You are going to turn over almost one TRILLION dollars and not one penny of that money is going to help one single American, but at the same time your Social Security and Medicare is going into bankrupcy.

Think about it, then do something about it.  Everything gets started by one, if not YOU will wake up in the near future and wonder where your freedom has gone, and once gone it is very difficult to get it back.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:10:12 PM »
I agree, Obama's legilation on giving all that money away is crazy. If it passes, that is OUR money and it will come from our pockets.

Offline 340SIX

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008 - 06:52:19 PM »
I agree, Obama's legilation on giving all that money away is crazy. If it passes, that is OUR money and it will come from our pockets.
yes but lots of idiots wil tell you the goverment has lots of $$ so they should share
Like i said idiots!!!!!!!!