Author Topic: Beware of part sellers with newbie status  (Read 672 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Beware of part sellers with newbie status
« on: July 04, 2008 - 07:15:26 PM »
As we all know, parts are hard to find for our cars. So we get excited about finding rare items online and may be taken advantage of.

We should all watch out for each other and try to keep track of the on goings of this section. Seems lurkers have been watching .

Just a friendly reminder to ask questions, get phone numbers, email, names addresses and maybe ask other members about thie person/persons selling.

We maybe should consider having a rule of some sort about if you are going to sell here, you will need to show your area, email,and name with 2 ways to contact.

I will be watching as much as I can for ativity that seems to be suspicious... .

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Beware of part sellers with newbie status
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008 - 07:31:09 PM »
Hi Al, :bigsmile:
Happy Independance weekend. Hope you are home with family!! Was there a particular incident/seller that the members here should know about?? I hope I'm not being nosy. I just didn't want anyone to get messed over as I am sure you don't either or you wouldn't have posted this subject. 

Matt B.
Matt

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008 - 07:36:42 PM »
Lesson well learned and a very good idea Alan.................... i vote we should have it updated by a moderater and make it compulsory or we can simply ask everyone who tries to sell for more details :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008 - 09:57:19 PM »
Good suggestions Al. I also think there should be a certain number of posts before members are allowed to sell something. If someones main goal for joining here is to sell stuff then maybe they should keep looking elsewhere. I have nothing against newbie sellers but if you establish a relationship with people, it is logical to assume everyone is more inclined to treat each other right. With say a 500 post ( just a number for example) requirement for selling then it would tend to make it more work than a scammer is willing to do for a scam. I love buying and stashing parts for both my projects and have had a lot of success here and on other boards but that is not my main reason for being here.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008 - 05:57:50 AM »
Hi Al, :bigsmile:
Happy Independance weekend. Hope you are home with family!! Was there a particular incident/seller that the members here should know about?? I hope I'm not being nosy. I just didn't want anyone to get messed over as I am sure you don't either or you wouldn't have posted this subject. 

Matt B.

Ongoing-
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=46513.0
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi