Author Topic: 72 Slant 6 barracuda Denver  (Read 3361 times)

Offline JeepHawk

72 Slant 6 barracuda Denver
« on: July 11, 2008 - 12:32:30 PM »
I am thinking of selling this car. I don't really have the time or the cash to do what I want with it, and you know how life throws you unexpected curves from time to time. So this may have to go. And yes I do still owe Capital One money for it. Recently the payments have been killing me.

Some of this is from my first post here. I bought this 72 Barracuda in 2006 and finally got around to some tear down. The engine is out of it and the seats as well as some of the front end has been disasembled. Yes, it was drivable before the engine came out. I don't know if the trans is original or not, but it needs some work, most likely a rebuild. Yes I have the fender tag.
As I said, it has the slant six. Its a numbers matching car, I have the build sheet, (most of it anyway, it's falling apart) and it is a V2 car, so it cam Tor-Red paint and white interior. 14" rallye wheels.

From what I have read, there weren't that many made. Anywhere from 791 to 820, depending on where you look. About 596 of those were auto. How many of those were Tor-Red with a white interior? So I figure, it'll be few and far between before I see another car even close.  So
It was going to get fuel injection.

So I thought I'd see if maybe someone was interested in it. If not, thats cool too.
Slant 6 - E-Body

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
Re: 72 Slant 6 barracuda Denver
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008 - 01:42:03 PM »
How much and do you have pic?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008 - 04:58:58 PM »
Yes, the price would be very nice.  I am in Colorado and could be interested.  More info and price please to dinohunter76@msn.com
  thanks
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline JeepHawk

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 - 09:13:03 AM »
As I said it's a numbers matching car. It is nearly complete. The headliner is gone. It needs the dash instrument panel. Someone had put in a Steel panel with Autometer gauges, It needs both side mirrors. The fuel inlet tube has a locking cap which I don't have a key for, so we had to remove that. Other than maybe a few other minor things, a whole car. It has been in my friends garage for the past two years. One of his neighbors has offered me $10k. But that remains to be seen if he can come up with it. But anyway...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008 - 09:14:54 AM by JeepHawk »
Slant 6 - E-Body

Offline JeepHawk

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 - 09:13:56 AM »
Some more...
Slant 6 - E-Body

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 - 11:07:58 AM »
So are you asking 10k then?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008 - 11:22:08 AM »
Is there a fender tag readout that you can post?  thanks
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008 - 01:24:38 PM »
Cuda Hunter are you gonna go look at it? My Dad lives in Denver but hes visiting me here in california so he won't be able to look at it till next week.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008 - 01:46:31 PM »
I wouldn't be able to break free from my obligations until next weekend also.   I am about 3 hours away so it takes a little bit of time for me to run out there.
It seems to be a very solid car.  Would be pretty cool to keep the /6 in it as there are so few of those. 
The white interior would look great with the exterior paint color.
10 K is  a little high for me right now so I will probably stall but I sure would like to see the options that were given the car from the factory, might raise more interest.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008 - 10:24:45 AM »
I'm around.  :iagree: Would be sweet to keep the six. That's what I want too. Way out of my range price wise right now.I'd help out any way I could. Looks solid. :thumbsup:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline JeepHawk

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008 - 08:39:27 AM »
I will get a photo of the funder tag up this evening. If you'd like to e-mail me directly - e-mails is in my account. If not (jeep79hawk@yahoo.com)
If someone would want to see it we'd could arrange it. I'm not in a huge hurry right this second. And I am not asking 10k. I would go less than that. The guy that offered me that isn't gonna come through, but I kinda knew that. I would probably go as low as 8k. Just depends I guess. That would pay my loan off and give me about $500 - Have a jeep that needs an axle - I would be losing money on the car but... Ya know how things are sometimes.  I will be out of town on vacation from July 24th thru August 3rd.
Just keep that in mind.
Slant 6 - E-Body

Offline JeepHawk

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008 - 10:23:06 AM »
Fender Tag
Slant 6 - E-Body

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008 - 08:07:52 PM »
Can someone help me out here.  I cannot find   C56 anywhere.      Nor can I find what the A means on the a6xw.  Six is bucket vinyl and xw is White and Black.  However I can't find the A.     Also, I cannot find a single U anywhere.  There are plenty of U's with numbers behind them in my decoding book but no U.  My book only goes to 71 so I am assuming that this is the problem.  Can someone tell me what these mean in the later year decoding books.
  thanks

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008 - 01:49:50 AM »
 :popcorn:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI