Author Topic: harms kit  (Read 1726 times)

Offline leanburn

harms kit
« on: July 17, 2008 - 10:25:54 PM »
i'm in the works of adding a shaker hood to my car and have read some past post's on height differences. can anyone tell me wich one i would need if i want to run an air gap on a 340. i'm thinkin the 440 would be the one i would want but not sure.
 another thing, the hood is on vancouver island right now and body work is waaaaay cheaper there than here in good old gouge and screw grande prairie, is there any reputable body guys that could do a harms kit to a stock hood? i know this probably isn't the right forum to be trying to find info out about the island but it's worth a shot.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: harms kit
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008 - 12:46:23 AM »
I would check with Ben Snobar , he should know about the height problem

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline e-tek

• My website: http://edanneberg.googlepages.com/home
    • E-Tek Resto's
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008 - 12:51:15 AM »
Ya, go to the WestCaost Forum - they probably know right off!
Although, I've seen the kit done in a mag a while back - looks do-able if you have an inkling.

Offline wiging19

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008 - 02:42:42 AM »
Ben has a guy in Seattle do the work for him on the hoods.  Harms comes with a template and the body guy who worked on my car used it for a dart.  He said the instructions were very good in the Harm kit and comes with a template to help.  Ben probably knows of a guy in Vancouver, BC that can do it for you.  He gets alot of his parts shipped through there.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008 - 09:27:52 AM »
Harms doesn't sell stuff anymore I thought.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline leanburn

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008 - 10:17:48 PM »
i bought this off a guy who never installed it.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008 - 10:44:36 PM »
The harms kit comes with a cd. Did you get it too?   And from what I understand, they can be welded in or just sealered in. Lots of people have installed the harms kit with medium body skills. Any competent shop can do it fairly easy.

Offline Brant

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010 - 04:59:12 PM »
hi Leanburn, Did you go with the 340 airgap with shaker set up. I'm considering picking up the shaker hood and I have a 340 with airgap as well. Love to hear what kind of adjustments you needed to make to perfect. thanks.

Offline dandsgcuda

• almost there
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010 - 08:17:26 AM »
been there done that.The harms kit worked ok took some work to get it right.If I was to do it agian I would by a reproduction hood because of the cost for the hood,Harms kit,trim ring,and body work it would come out about the same.as far as the air gap use a drop down air cleaner base ad make your own adapter carb adapter plate.Mine is an rpm performer on a 340.