Author Topic: I'm selling my bottle for Cuda parts  (Read 1873 times)

Offline jeryst

• Resident
Re: I'm selling my bottle for Cuda parts
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008 - 08:38:02 PM »
If it wasnt stored properly, and kept at a constant temperature, its probably vinegar by now. However, most collectors will buy it to have it, not to drink it. Good luck.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008 - 09:12:43 PM »
I just dropped it off at the auction place. The bidding starts on 8/9. The guy who wrote me thought it was a big bottle and I never did tell it's size. It's the small size. So it may not get much now. He'll say condition unknown at time of bidding to the audience. There was about 20 cases of wine there and a bottle of wine from 1955. Some really neat stuff there to see.

I was like  :22yikes: on some of the stuff I was seeing.
If you've never been to an auction house full of antiques it's pretty cool some of the old stuff there.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008 - 04:50:32 PM »
Well it only fetched $110. I really thought it would've gone higher. They had it estimated value on their website at
2-400 dollars. But hey, I got it for free so thats a plus.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:32:58 PM »
Darn I wanted to pop it and taste it! Too bad you didn't get more for it though.   :cooldancing:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008 - 10:47:25 PM »
Another sign of the economy. Entry level people arent buying, and rich people are buying the good stuff.