Author Topic: Reproduction Ebody consoles  (Read 7684 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: Reproduction Ebody consoles
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:51:09 PM »
I wonder when the actual change over was from the 70 as we have a 70 Slant 6 Barracuda here that is one of the last built with the 4 hole plate and ash tray ?
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:58:07 PM »
I have a beautiful 71 with the 4 screw and ashtray for my 71 Cuda,and it does carry a different part # than the 70 and 71-74 5screw versions :bigsmile:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008 - 09:02:26 PM »
I will have to remove it and check the part number to see if it is different to the one you have Clown... :2thumbs:
This Slant 6 was built in the last week of production for 1970 change over to 1971.  And was loaded with a Slap Stick, Rim Blow, and 6 Way Seats, and 8 3/4.......... very strange.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008 - 09:22:50 PM »
I'll dig mine out and get the #s
OK now back to the original thread,I see a new door hinge?If it is a new one,does it have as much tension(to much) as an original?

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008 - 09:31:00 AM »

The bad:
Although I didn't buy it from Tony's Parts, the box said Tony's Parts on it, so I believe that it was probably drop shipped from there.  Anyhow, the packaging was terrible, as there was almost no protective cushioning at all.  As a result, the one I received showed significant scratches and a few small chips from the shipping process.  They only put a few pieces of newspaper inside the box as packing material and none on the top side where it was really needed. 

This is exactly the same standard of packing as mine in the Tony's box.  I have returned mine to the Ebay vendor who is going to send a replacement (hopefully).  I packed it extra carefully for the return so they might get an idea of how it should be packed. :pullinghair:
'70 Barracuda

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008 - 01:57:33 PM »
This is exactly the same standard of packing as mine in the Tony's box.  I have returned mine to the Ebay vendor who is going to send a replacement (hopefully).  I packed it extra carefully for the return so they might get an idea of how it should be packed. :pullinghair:

That's a shame it wasn't packed better. Most vendors do a decent job but from time to time I find myself wondering how something made it without getting broke. In the past, I've received things that my 5 year old would of taken better care of.

Now. do they sell just the door ? I thought they did but not 100% sure. If so does it match well enough to use it with a factory console ? Would I be better off finding someone selling an original ? Thanks

Offline PlumCrazyRTSE

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008 - 12:37:58 AM »
Now. do they sell just the door ? I thought they did but not 100% sure. If so does it match well enough to use it with a factory console ? Would I be better off finding someone selling an original ? Thanks

Yes, you can buy the door as a separate item; it's been available for some time now.  I have two original and two reproduction doors.  The reproductions seem to be a very good match to the original.  In fact, it looks like they must manufacture the reproductions using either the original mold or a mold made from an original door because the reproduction doors even duplicate the small imperfection (small indent) in the top that the originals had.  About the only noticeable difference I can see in the reproduction versions is that they don't have the Chrysler emblem on the underside, although they do have all the part and assembly numbers just like the originals.
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FC7 Plum Crazy Purple
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FE5 Bright Red

Offline tman

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008 - 01:34:57 PM »
Has anyone installed one of these yet?  Like to know if they "fit."  Thanks all.

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008 - 06:05:50 AM »
Well, my replacement console arrived safe and sound.  Packaging still left something to be desired but no breakages this time.  Will have it installed by the weekend so will be able to assess final fit then but the first one seemed to sit in place Ok.
'70 Barracuda