Author Topic: Guests vs members  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Guests vs members
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008 - 10:16:22 AM »
Thanks Al and thanks for fixing it so soon!!!!!!!    :2thumbs:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline MrMopar440

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008 - 04:02:19 AM »
Definate thanks for fixing. I already got a spam to my e-mail that came from this "looking"  :villagers:

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008 - 10:31:11 AM »
I also think that  :newbie:'s   shouldn't be allowed to post FOR SALE items untill they meet a post requirment. Maybe require 50 posts to be alowed to sell. This way we know the person will put some effort in staying with us and being a contributor. Some are just sighning up and making adds a never heard from again.   :2cents:  It may have helped stop the Carb mess from happining.     :popcorn:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008 - 12:49:12 PM »
I also think that  :newbie:'s   shouldn't be allowed to post FOR SALE items untill they meet a post requirment. Maybe require 50 posts to be alowed to sell. This way we know the person will put some effort in staying with us and being a contributor. Some are just sighning up and making adds a never heard from again.   :2cents:  It may have helped stop the Carb mess from happining.     :popcorn:

Good idea, but it may be a double-edged sword. I, myself have joined other forums just to sell a car, because I knew there were enthusiasts there who might be interested. And since I was selling the car, I wasnt really interested in staying an active member. Not proud of it but "Sometimes ya do what ya gotta do!"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008 - 02:50:38 PM »

I belong to other forums too, nothing wrong with that at all. Those who say otherwise shouldn't be so quick to judge! I can't talk about my Ram or Jeep here like I can there and I can't talk about my E-Bodies there, like I do here! The Internets a HUGE place and to limit yourself to 000.01% of cyberspace is quite restricting.

:2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008 - 03:04:14 PM »
Good idea, but it may be a double-edged sword. I, myself have joined other forums just to sell a car, because I knew there were enthusiasts there who might be interested. And since I was selling the car, I wasnt really interested in staying an active member. Not proud of it but "Sometimes ya do what ya gotta do!"

I still get Email from the Buick site..   A nice bunch of guys to be sure but I only joined to sell some Turbo stuff.
I don't get alot of spam in any event

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008 - 09:19:08 PM »
Nice catch and thanks for the fix :thumbsup:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008 - 09:43:49 PM »
  I joined here to sale and purchase parts and cars.  I didn't spend much time on any of the other sections of this site until the last year or so.  Kind of hard for me to accept a post minimum as that would have turned me away from this site in the beginning. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008 - 09:56:07 PM »
Really the only thing I would like , would to be the first post be an introduction, and in the profile have a location, even if state, and the email address to match the address of a sale.  Also that in the forsale section to be monitored more for the correct posting of rules...IE  they read the rules and state they read them and understood. Atleast this way we know they have read through them and chance getting wacked if they dont adhere.  But as far as a minimum, I feel that this is really not an issue. Some people dont like to talk and post much, but do want to sell a specific part. I have no problem with this. And members need to remember to read the post about buying something and get all info before sending money.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008 - 09:58:59 PM »
 :iagree:

Matt B.

Matt

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008 - 10:12:10 PM »
I fully agree AL.  That all sounds very good. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008 - 10:29:32 PM »
I still get Email from the Buick site..   A nice bunch of guys to be sure but I only joined to sell some Turbo stuff.
I don't get alot of spam in any event

Not to hijack, but which Buick site? I'm still a member of v8buick.com. Good bunch of guys.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008 - 11:31:06 PM »
Really the only thing I would like , would to be the first post be an introduction, and in the profile have a location, even if state, and the email address to match the address of a sale.  Also that in the forsale section to be monitored more for the correct posting of rules...IE  they read the rules and state they read them and understood. Atleast this way we know they have read through them and chance getting wacked if they dont adhere.  But as far as a minimum, I feel that this is really not an issue. Some people dont like to talk and post much, but do want to sell a specific part. I have no problem with this. And members need to remember to read the post about buying something and get all info before sending money.
   :iagree:  we all started out as a first timer, if somebody wants to sell parts or buy for their pride and joy then that benifits all. Some sell parts and then move on, thats life, providing that they are honest it can be a pleasant experience, if they are not honest word gets around fast.    :cheers:
Dave

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008 - 09:51:56 AM »
Really the only thing I would like , would to be the first post be an introduction, and in the profile have a location, even if state, and the email address to match the address of a sale.

:iagree:

It always boggles my mind that we have almost 6000 members and most of them have 0 or 1 posts; not to mention that there's no info on them either. A couple weeks ago someone got my e-mail address from my profile and wanted to chat about my car. After checking his profile he hasn't been on line since the e-mail and has 0 posts and no information about himself, not even age. At least he isn't trying to rip anyone off.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline JS29U

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008 - 02:40:51 PM »

I look all the time only too see the state there from. I'm kind of a geography geek.

Most sites like moparts, when u post, it usually says what state or town. With scumbags searching these kind of sites, i don"t think u should give your town if u have something worth $$$. Block your licence  plates and at least last half of vin#. They can find u with those #. They'll even look for your tow cars plate # to trace your hemi.

It's hard to be carefull at shows. I saw a redneck follow my neighbor home from a show and hide across the street at the c.club(closed at the time) and watched him in his garage 2 different times. And it was just a camoro.

Imagine how a guy in col. felt when he came home and saw his garage door open and no more boss 429 mustang. True story years ago. A guy doing a pool for my friend back in 93 said he did a pool north of boston and the guy had a room in his cellar totally blocked in and claimed he had a stollen old vette in there. He said after 10 years he would pull it out.