I just bought a Cuda off ebay(update)

Author Topic: I just bought a Cuda off ebay(update)  (Read 3543 times)

Offline leithal

I just bought a Cuda off ebay(update)
« on: July 30, 2008 - 07:23:28 PM »
Just to update everyone on my Cuda purchase I do have the car but have not been able to take pics due to starting a new job.  I have also been going back and forth with the seller regarding the bill of sale.  After two weeks of debating where it is the seller agreed it must have been lost in the mail.  So, I requested that he mail it priority at my expense.  Well after a couple of days he replies simply with he will mail another.  That's been 10 days ago and I am still waiting...  So, until I get the bill of sale and then a new title I'm not going to be doing much to the car.  I am working with a company called get new title out of Maine and while there are several documents and a vin verification process its not too bad.  I am having more trouble getting the darn bill of sale from the seller :pullinghair:.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008 - 06:53:48 PM by leithal »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: I just bought a Cuda off ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008 - 07:28:49 PM »
All I can say is every State is different. If you lived in Maryland, you would be doomed without a title. Other States just need a bill of sale.   :dunno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008 - 07:29:42 PM »
you just made me jealous!  CONGRATS!! :stomp:
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008 - 07:34:19 PM »
Good luck with your project.  Time to start a restoration thread!
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008 - 07:36:37 PM »
Good luck looks like fun what are your plans?
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline buzzard

• Why is their AIR
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008 - 08:15:05 PM »
 Welcome- great project!  :canada:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008 - 08:30:15 PM »
Congrats!!!
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008 - 08:40:04 PM »
Looks like a good deal to me. Titles aren't impossible to get. I wonder what kind of shifter that is. Is that an early a-body or b-body style shifter?
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008 - 08:46:49 PM »
I noticed it didnt have a picture of the vin off the dash pad or the cowel. And the add doesnt even say not title that I could see. Did he say the cowel rad and dash had the same numbers as the door and fender tag? Both of those items can easily be just added on. Got your work ahead of you, good luck

Offline leithal

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008 - 09:04:10 PM »
I talked with the owner and according to him all the #'s match.  I don't know.  I wasn't really in the hunt for a #'s matching...but I'll take it if it is.  I plan to go the restomod path beginning with a complete tear down.  The seller says he's finished with the front but when I asked him about repairs he did admit to using bondo/mud for 2 small holes in the lower fender area.  He does not have the title and I am having conversations with a company that specializes in getting cars titled...may cost a couple of hundred bucks though.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008 - 09:32:21 PM »
Good buy.  Has some nice options.  My first concern would be what Al said,  making sure that the vin tag is on the dash and that it match's the fender tag and the cowl numbers and the door tag.  If the vin doesn't match it would be basically a rebody and that might make it difficult to get a title.  Kind of depends on where you are at I guess.
  Looks like a very complete car, with the exception of that one quarter of course. 
  Good luck!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008 - 09:45:29 PM »
I guess I just cant say it right or something, but I dont feel good about the auction.  Is that a vanity tag on the back or a fake? It can be traced for a lost title or last registered user to see if there is a lean on the car. The radiator support is bent, did you see that?  were the fenders pulled off the car and done then re installed? The inner stuff is not the same color and the rubber stops for the hood is on the fenders. You notice that? I'm not cutting down your sale, just wanting to protect you from a let down. Remember the listing itself doesnt say no title, It would of had to be sold as a parts car listing for scrap. Ebay has a policy. And I also fear that with this guy showing you the radiator number, the door number, then why would he not show the really important numbers that really does matter as far as being legal. You need proof, big time. I would just hate to see any member get taken on anything they buy. Is the top of that cowel painted black. Nevada cars dont rust like that.  Notice there were no questions on the bottom of the add and no replies.  Ask for pictures of the cowel,dash and support. The engine could match the door but not the real car. just trying to help you see through clear eyes.....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008 - 10:05:24 PM »
I know what you are saying Al but I kind of think it is legit. If you look at the fender tag that matches the door sticker you can clearly see it has most likely never been disturbed or taken off, if it has it was a LONG time ago. It was most likely a pure oversight not to take a picture of the dash vin plate....I hope. Looks like a great deal regardless. Hope you find a build sheet behind that back seat  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008 - 10:06:08 PM »
Good luck!!! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008 - 12:54:05 AM »
Great Buy! If I had been looking for a cuda project then that would have been a good choice. It looks like a perfect car for what you plan on doing to it. :2thumbs: