Author Topic: I just bought a Cuda off ebay(update)  (Read 3542 times)

Offline leithal

Re: I just bought a Cuda off ebay(update)
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008 - 10:04:20 PM »
Owner's son has replied to my emails to tell me his father donated a kidney to his sister so he will take care of this tomorrow. :sly: I'm not sure how to feel here.  I hope this is the case and not another stall tactic.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008 - 10:05:50 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :violin:

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008 - 10:39:24 PM »
what is so hard about getting the bill of sale to you.  Granted it sounds like family problems there, but all it is a piece of paper that says I sell this car to you.  At least thats what mine said when I bought my vette.  Our names the vin number and a description of the car for sale was all that was necessary, sign and drop it in the mail (or fax it).  I really hope this turns out well for you.

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008 - 10:55:22 PM »
Nice project.  Most thrift papers in my area have a bill of sale form in the pages somewhere. Mail him a copy and let him sign and have it notarized.   :bigsmile:

Offline leithal

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008 - 06:46:33 PM »
In an effort to make this as easy as possible for them I attached a pdf link for the free bill of sale document provided by get new title.  Received email confirming receipt of document then this afternoon another email saying that they have sent it next day along with the tracking number.  So, I think we are getting somewhere.  You all are right...its not a difficult or complex document and doesn't require much.  In addition, many states fine the buyer if they fail to apply for a new title within 30 days of purchasing a vehicle...Missouri is one of those states.  Thanks alot.  I know I am going to be throwing money at this car.  I don't need someone helping me throw money away. >:(

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:50:17 PM »
Good luck!
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Skeleton73

• Rattling glass once again
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:00:47 PM »
Looks a lot better than my car turned out to be.  :2thumbs: Good luck, & hope you get the paperwork straightened out soon.

Offline leithal

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008 - 08:18:25 PM »
jees,  Well I received the bill of sale! :clapping: But the seller put his name and address as both seller and buyer. :pullinghair:  I hope I can just add my name and address above his with buyer and seller in parenthesis. 

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008 - 08:21:19 PM »
You can try, but I would just get him to send another.  DMV will probably be suspicious.

Offline leithal

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008 - 08:43:23 PM »
Actually because the car has no title the bill of sale will be going to a company in Maine called get new title.  I will send them an email asking them what they want me to do about it.  I hope that they tell me just put my info on it and send the damn thing to them along with my vin verification (by a police officer).

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008 - 01:51:09 PM »
Hope things work out for you and you get the title and registartion all put in your name. Sounds like the owner is just a little slow (maybe just a little apathetic too), but it looks like he has followed through albeit messed the paperwork up slightly. Shouldn't be too hard for him to just mail you another, just a postage stamp. Send him a self-addressed stamped envelope and maybe it will speed things up!! Good luck and keep us posted on the title situation!! Looks like a decent project car!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline leithal

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008 - 04:44:02 PM »
Well, I decided to take it to a notary and see if they would allow me to add my name above his in the buyer's section and then place in parenthesis buyer next to mine and seller next to his.  The notary said it should be fine and notarized it.  So, I will be sending it out Monday to the title company to finish my end of the new title paperwork.  I have a feeling the drama is over with this bill of sale issue.

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:42:34 PM »
That sounds like the best news you have had so far! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!