Author Topic: Man Decapitates Fellow Bus Passenger  (Read 2235 times)

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
Re: Man Decapitates Fellow Bus Passenger
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008 - 09:11:11 PM »
I live near the tragedy and said the same thing, but first: it is a hard thing to comprehend to react to. Most people would flee and a very few would react instinctively. Also, the guy was stabbed three times before anyone knew what was happening.The bus driver, a passenger and a truck driver all had tools and confronted the man who tried to kill them as well. The thing that makes me sick is the RCMP let the man live. He taunted them with the knife and wouldn't give up, but I know some bleeding hearts would say he was on the bus  not hurting anyone so wait it out. Police should of killed him. It is some immigrant from vietnam or korea as I undrstand it. It is also one thing to confront a man with a knife who is killing someone. The fact is, the poor victim was dead after the third stab to the heart. Just a real tragedy all the same. Evil succeeds when good men do nothing-i hope the killer rots in hell
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008 - 09:14:02 PM by HemiOrange70 »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008 - 09:32:23 PM »

Why on earth would people praise 37 people for running away and letting some guy hack another guy to pieces is beyond me? WTF is this world coming to? If people were armed or not, I couldn't stand by and watch that happen. Speaking for myself, it might not be the smartest move, some may say stupid to try and help, but how in hell could you look at yourself in the mirror every morning knowing you let that happen? 3, 4 or 20 stabs wounds is very livable. He had more of a chance with 20 puncture wounds than he did with no head. Pisses me off that people let things like this happen.

Reminds me of the complete sissies who let this girl get attacked by her boyfriend on the streets with a knife. Same thing, no different.....kick the f#$ken guy in the head, grab his hoodie, tackle him but don't sit there scratching your balls. The cameraman should be held accountable too. If you are squeamish or don't like blood, don't look. If you anger easily and humans with no balls, don't look either.

:villagers:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e1_1199622703
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008 - 09:46:29 PM »

Reminds me of the complete sissies who let this girl get attacked by her boyfriend on the streets with a knife. Same thing, no different.....kick the f#$ken guy in the head, grab his hoodie, tackle him but don't sit there scratching your balls. The cameraman should be held accountable too. If you are squeamish or don't like blood, don't look. If you anger easily and humans with no balls, don't look either.

:villagers:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e1_1199622703

And he only got 4 years?   :swear:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008 - 10:41:36 PM »
It might be Gods right to judge but if I saw that guy doing that it would be too easy to put a bullet right between his eyes. He was DEFINITELY trying to kill that woman. As far as I am concerned, trash like him forsake their right to live on this earth with us for a crime like that.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008 - 10:57:44 PM »
As far as I am concerend, I would of gotten envolved. I have before and will again. I am not big, but have a heart the size of king kong.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008 - 11:04:26 AM »
but soft and squishy like a teddy bear, or a puppy  :roflsmiley:

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008 - 11:09:01 AM »
Carlwalski, I understand what you're saying man, really I do.  I too have gotten involved where others haven't and would again.  But as mentioned before, unfortunately he was gone before anyone had a chance to re-act (that is according to reports).  The freak went and decapitated the poor guy after he was dead. 
We are hard wired for self preservation, and I'm not going to fault someone for getting the hell outta a situation like that.  Very confined area, they were supposedly in the back row, raging lunatic that obviously has no regard for human life... not gonna fault any one for trying to get away from that. 
I would like to think that if there was a chance to help I would have, but from all accounts the poor guy was beyond help by the time every one realized what was happening.   
Regardless, may the sick bastard rot for the remaing waste of a life he has left... 

But existing is basically all I do!

Offline MOPAR-or-NoCar73

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008 - 02:30:25 PM »
Here is an article I came across on another site. I think in situations that people choose not to help because of the fear of getting sued by the criminal. Truly sad what has happened.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... "The law now forces potential good Samaritans to stop and consider their own financial security in addition to making an untrained determination whether their assistance would be considered "medical" or "rescue" before helping someone in need. " ....

Heroism may make you liable
Michelle Pearl, Correspondent
Article Created: 06/22/2008 04:31:19 PM PDT

You have just witnessed a horrific collision. Would your instinct be to stop and help or drive on by?

The "Good Samaritan Law" was meant to protect those who make the selfless decision to aid someone who is injured or ill. The intention of the law is to remove bystanders' hesitation to help someone for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death.

In 2007 a California court changed the parameters of the law, and in doing so may have re-created dangerous apprehension in those who might consider coming to the unsolicited aid of another human being.

Let's consider a pair of scenarios.

Jessica, a nurse-in-training and her mother Beverly, a registered nurse, watched in horror as a motorist driving in front of them on the freeway crashed into a big rig that had stopped at the top of a hill for Caltrans work. The motorist swerved, but not in time to avoid the truck's massive rear bumper. The driver's side of the car was torn open by the impact; then what was left of the vehicle was launched onto the side of the freeway in a crumpled heap. The vehicle's airbags had failed to deploy, leaving the driver's arm ripped open and severely damaged by the unprotected impact.

The two women who witnessed the accident did not hesitate. They pulled to the side of the road and let their instincts and training take over.

Jessica stripped off her white jacket and created a pressure bandage that she applied to the victim's arm. When every inch of the jacket was soaked through, she and her mother ripped up a sheet from a bystander's car and did everything in their power to stem the profuse flow of blood.

Jessica and Beverly's noble actions prevented the driver of the crushed vehicle from bleeding to death in the precious minutes that it took the ambulance to weave through the tangled traffic and arrive on the scene. Their actions would be protected under the newly revised wording of the Good Samaritan statute.

In essence, the law now says that while emergency medical care like Jessica and Beverly rendered is protected by the Good Samaritan Law, an emergency rescue is not.

Lisa Torti watched as the car in front of her spun out and slammed into a light pole at 45 mph. She knew the two occupants inside; the car she was in had been following a friend's car. Frightened and uncertain what to do, Lisa jumped out of the vehicle she was riding in, and took her friend Alexandra Van Horn out of the passenger side of the car that she feared would blow up.

Van Horn was left a paraplegic after the accident.

Although it never was determined whether the accident itself caused Van Horn's injuries or whether her paralysis was caused by her removal from the vehicle by Torti, Van Horn sued Torti.

The court initially determined that Torti was protected under the Good Samaritan Law. However, that finding was later overturned by the Court of Appeal after it modified the wording within the law to include the word "medical." The appellate court found that in rescuing Van Horn from the vehicle, Torti did not provide emergency medical care to Van Horn, so therefore she was not fully immune from a lawsuit.

The law now forces potential good Samaritans to stop and consider their own financial security in addition to making an untrained determination whether their assistance would be considered "medical" or "rescue" before helping someone in need.

The author Philip Roth once wrote, "Action is the enemy of thought."

When it comes to the potential efforts of a good Samaritan, thought might well turn out to be the enemy of action.

Michelle Pearl is a longtime traffic school instructor and the owner of InterActive! Traffic School On-line (www.trafficinteractive.com). Send questions to drivetime@inlandnewspapers.com or write to DriveTime c/o The Sun, 4030 N. Georgia Blvd. San Bernardino, CA, 92407. Some reader questions will be answered in print.

Offline MOPAR-or-NoCar73

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008 - 03:45:14 PM »
Here is an article I came across on another site. I think in situations that people choose not to help because of the fear of getting sued by the criminal or person who needs help. Truly sad what has happened.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... "The law now forces potential good Samaritans to stop and consider their own financial security in addition to making an untrained determination whether their assistance would be considered "medical" or "rescue" before helping someone in need. " ....

Heroism may make you liable
Michelle Pearl, Correspondent
Article Created: 06/22/2008 04:31:19 PM PDT

You have just witnessed a horrific collision. Would your instinct be to stop and help or drive on by?

The "Good Samaritan Law" was meant to protect those who make the selfless decision to aid someone who is injured or ill. The intention of the law is to remove bystanders' hesitation to help someone for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death.

In 2007 a California court changed the parameters of the law, and in doing so may have re-created dangerous apprehension in those who might consider coming to the unsolicited aid of another human being.

Let's consider a pair of scenarios.

Jessica, a nurse-in-training and her mother Beverly, a registered nurse, watched in horror as a motorist driving in front of them on the freeway crashed into a big rig that had stopped at the top of a hill for Caltrans work. The motorist swerved, but not in time to avoid the truck's massive rear bumper. The driver's side of the car was torn open by the impact; then what was left of the vehicle was launched onto the side of the freeway in a crumpled heap. The vehicle's airbags had failed to deploy, leaving the driver's arm ripped open and severely damaged by the unprotected impact.

The two women who witnessed the accident did not hesitate. They pulled to the side of the road and let their instincts and training take over.

Jessica stripped off her white jacket and created a pressure bandage that she applied to the victim's arm. When every inch of the jacket was soaked through, she and her mother ripped up a sheet from a bystander's car and did everything in their power to stem the profuse flow of blood.

Jessica and Beverly's noble actions prevented the driver of the crushed vehicle from bleeding to death in the precious minutes that it took the ambulance to weave through the tangled traffic and arrive on the scene. Their actions would be protected under the newly revised wording of the Good Samaritan statute.

In essence, the law now says that while emergency medical care like Jessica and Beverly rendered is protected by the Good Samaritan Law, an emergency rescue is not.

Lisa Torti watched as the car in front of her spun out and slammed into a light pole at 45 mph. She knew the two occupants inside; the car she was in had been following a friend's car. Frightened and uncertain what to do, Lisa jumped out of the vehicle she was riding in, and took her friend Alexandra Van Horn out of the passenger side of the car that she feared would blow up.

Van Horn was left a paraplegic after the accident.

Although it never was determined whether the accident itself caused Van Horn's injuries or whether her paralysis was caused by her removal from the vehicle by Torti, Van Horn sued Torti.

The court initially determined that Torti was protected under the Good Samaritan Law. However, that finding was later overturned by the Court of Appeal after it modified the wording within the law to include the word "medical." The appellate court found that in rescuing Van Horn from the vehicle, Torti did not provide emergency medical care to Van Horn, so therefore she was not fully immune from a lawsuit.

The law now forces potential good Samaritans to stop and consider their own financial security in addition to making an untrained determination whether their assistance would be considered "medical" or "rescue" before helping someone in need.

The author Philip Roth once wrote, "Action is the enemy of thought."

When it comes to the potential efforts of a good Samaritan, thought might well turn out to be the enemy of action.

Michelle Pearl is a longtime traffic school instructor and the owner of InterActive! Traffic School On-line (www.trafficinteractive.com). Send questions to drivetime@inlandnewspapers.com or write to DriveTime c/o The Sun, 4030 N. Georgia Blvd. San Bernardino, CA, 92407. Some reader questions will be answered in print.