Power bulge hood

Author Topic: Power bulge hood  (Read 4738 times)

Offline 74cuda

Re: Power bulge hood
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004 - 01:58:23 PM »
I have a '74 'Cuda with a 318 and it has a power bulge hood.My brother thinks that those only came on the 360s that year and the 318 had a flat plain hood.Does anyone know what came on that from the factory?Was it an option?Also ,I mathed out the rear to have 3.83 gears but those were 3.08 factory if I am correct ,am I?Looking for help because this car is supposedly all factory and if it is I'll keep it that way for the sake of preserving history ,but if it's missing stuff I may as well juice it up a bit.

In 74 there is no code for the power bulge hood, it was part of the cuda package, just like the rocker, trunk molding and belt molding.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004 - 11:40:00 PM »
bump ;)

OK ya made me get out the red book

A51 is the sport decor package.. sill molding, wheelwell molding, sport hood, bodyside tape stripe

But, if you just got the sport hood the code is

J54

and that is on Ravage's tag ;D so the car came with the sport hood

Offline oldvamoparfan

• MOPAR; The only way to go!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004 - 11:13:54 PM »
My son in law has a '73 Barracuda, (now a 440 Cuda) which was a factory original 318 2bl single exhaust, AT car w/ slapstick, rally dash, console, power bulge hood, 3.23 single traction rear, all verifyable by fender tag, No Cuda badges anywhere.  I dont know how many were original, but I have seen many otherwise plain round tail light Barracudas w/ Rally (Bulge) hood.  I know the hood was an orderable by code item for at least '73 & '74, w/ no performance items required to get it.   Ovmf
'72 Challenger 360,  '05 Dakota,   04 Town & Country,   '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim