Author Topic: Don't hate me for this  (Read 7052 times)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: Don't hate me for this
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008 - 02:11:39 PM »
Im sorry, but im not a fan. I think they attempted the retro thing and failed.

I concur with this. The Mustang looks like a Mustang, the Challenger looks like a Challenger, even the T-bird from a few yers back looked like a T-bird, but at least from the front this doesn't look like a Camaro to me. Almost looks Japanese.

GM has real issues trying to pull off retro. Remember the (ahem) GTO? I was working at the GM Tech Center when that was unviewled. All the GM guys were applauding. I thought it looked like an Accord.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008 - 02:39:19 PM »
I concur with this. The Mustang looks like a Mustang, the Challenger looks like a Challenger, even the T-bird from a few yers back looked like a T-bird, but at least from the front this doesn't look like a Camaro to me. Almost looks Japanese.

GM has real issues trying to pull off retro. Remember the (ahem) GTO? I was working at the GM Tech Center when that was unviewled. All the GM guys were applauding. I thought it looked like an Accord.

Yeah but the new camaro looks more like it's ancestors than the new CHARGER did...  I still say it's gonna sell like crazy just 'cause it's a bowtie.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

sleepychallenger

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008 - 03:59:30 PM »

here ya go

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008 - 05:47:35 PM »
I have to admit the grill and tail lights don't do much for me...But if I was a bowtie guy, I would buy it.   :grinyes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline tancuda

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008 - 06:19:16 PM »
Are they shy to show what's under the hood ???

:dunno:

Offline common 27

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008 - 06:57:12 PM »
  I have to agree it doesn't look like a Camaro to me . I owned a 67  RS  and loved it but this? I'd have a Challenger or Mustang
1970  Challenger Convertible   1968 Satellite Convertible

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008 - 07:26:49 PM »
Yeah but the new camaro looks more like it's ancestors than the new CHARGER did... 

I concur there too. MoPar lucked out in having gangsta rappers adopt the 300 and the Charger which gave them a cachet among youth, especially urban youth. I don't think the Camaro will garner that same chachet, but I could be wrong. The urban crowd tends to want something with size.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 - 01:25:16 AM by ChallengerHK »

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008 - 08:10:16 PM »
Pontiac definitely messed up with the GTO.  The concept car looked like a 67 but when they put the real thing out it just looked like a Grand Prix. 
  On the Charger, it is a station wagon also??  What kind of hot rod gets a station wagon option?  4 doors??  Mopar definitely messed up in my opinion on that one.  Good thing there are alot of soccer dads and gangster rappers out there to purchase these.  Sorry things!!
  Challenger looks great, a little heavy but good job. 
  This new Camaro, well it might not be the best but at least they are trying to bring back some pizzazz to the car fleet.  Instead of ugly electric cars and famly cars.  In any case it will help out all American car manufactureres to put better looking, flashier cars on the production block. 

We need retro cars like this to help Mopar make more of the cars.  It can only help us muscle car guys out!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008 - 12:22:44 AM »
On the Charger, it is a station wagon also??  What kind of hot rod gets a station wagon option?  4 doors??  Mopar definitely messed up in my opinion on that one.
 :iagree: the car is a nice sporty looking sedan but,i think they messed up on the name.it should have been called a coronet. 4 doors, wagon option. that's the way i've felt about it since it came out. i think if i ever buy one i'll add some coronet emblems.that would spark some good conversations.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008 - 12:36:19 AM »
Good idea!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008 - 08:38:26 AM »
On the Charger, it is a station wagon also??  What kind of hot rod gets a station wagon option?  4 doors??  Mopar definitely messed up in my opinion on that one.
 :iagree: the car is a nice sporty looking sedan but,i think they messed up on the name.it should have been called a coronet. 4 doors, wagon option. that's the way i've felt about it since it came out. i think if i ever buy one i'll add some coronet emblems.that would spark some good conversations.
I always thought the same thing, but I think the problem was that when they first came out with the plan to bring back the Vharger, it started out as a 2 door concept, but as the design changed they felt like they had to stick with the Charger name since it was already out there.

Offline TripleBlack71Cuda

• Member since 3/21/2006
    • 1970 & 1971 Cuda Video
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008 - 11:44:50 AM »
I see alot of the Challenger influence in the new Camaro. Look at the side windows, side mirrors, doors... pretty much the same shape.   :2cents:

:iagree:
Edmunds.com says that the 70's Barracuda and Challenger swiped styling cues from the 67-69 Camaro's too.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109513

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008 - 12:48:04 PM »
:iagree:
Edmunds.com says that the 70's Barracuda and Challenger swiped styling cues from the 67-69 Camaro's too.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109513

What??!!!  NOOOOOOOO!!  That's Impossible!!!!!!!!

Offline asm74

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008 - 02:38:13 PM »
Yeah, they kind of did....
73 Challenger

sleepychallenger

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008 - 02:48:05 PM »
i dont see it