Author Topic: Don't hate me for this  (Read 7053 times)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: Don't hate me for this
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008 - 08:10:44 AM »
I recall reading that somewhere myself.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline BoughtItNew

• Barracuda
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008 - 08:26:52 AM »
Certainly makes it easy to produce a RHD model for UK.
Mike Tritle
DeKalb, IL 60115
Original Owner
74 Barracuda

Purchased Sept. 10, 1974  
DesPlaines Chrysler Plymouth
DesPlaines, IL

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008 - 07:10:01 PM »
The Holden Monaro is called the GTO in the US.  As far as I know the 2010 Camaro is a "fresh start."  It does not share a platform with any other vehicle in Chevy's lineup. 
It is loosely based on the Pontiac G8 platform, but has been changed up enough to be considered it's own.  The G8 is on the Zeta platform (which was designed by Holden), and they say that the Camaro would justify calling it the Zeta II.

As a side note, the V8 Camaro is estimated to top out at 4,000 lbs, which will be very close to the Challenger RT (SRT is about 130 lbs heavier), so for those that think the Challenger is a pig, the Camaro is not far behind it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008 - 07:12:08 PM by 73Chally »

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2008 - 11:23:53 AM »
Exactly. Just an ugly pig with a 10 bolt rear. Ought too hold up just great with all that weight.  :smilielol:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2008 - 02:47:37 PM »
I like the gauge cluster/dash setup, very sexy, but I just don't like the exterior.  The tail is ugly, especially the taillights, and the headlights just don't seem to fit.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2008 - 02:53:32 PM »
Pontiac definitely messed up with the GTO. 

I feel they did an excellent job on the GTO's styling, true to it's heritage.  Remember, when the GTO came out, it looked just like the Tempest and LeManns, and resembled the other Pontiac cars.  Compare the new GTO with the other cars Pontiac made those years, and you can see the same resemblance.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2008 - 07:36:42 PM »
I feel they did an excellent job on the GTO's styling, true to it's heritage.  Remember, when the GTO came out, it looked just like the Tempest and LeManns, and resembled the other Pontiac cars.  Compare the new GTO with the other cars Pontiac made those years, and you can see the same resemblance.

I can see your point. I think that where I disagree is this: back in the day, Buicks looked different than Dodges, Pontiacs looked different than Fords. Today, especially when it comes to mid-size cars, they all look distressingly the same. When the GTO first came out and it looked like a LeMans, it still looked different than a Mustang or a Camaro. When the new GTO arrived and looked like a Grand Am, it also looked like an Accord, and a Camry, and a Passat ...

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008 - 09:12:07 PM »
The pontiac GTO concept car was awesome.  I can't find any of my pics yet of it.  I would have purchased the GTO if it had actually looked like the concept car.  Very reminiscent of the 66-67 GTO. 
  Hot wheels actually put out a pontiac gto that looked exactly like what pontiac put together as the concept car. 
  They would have sold more and would still be selling them if they had not pussed out!

I totally agree with how the car looks like all the other cars now.  Most cars look the same now without much difference.
  Dodge did a good thing with the charger and challenger, even if the charger is reallly a 4 door coronet. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 - 09:13:54 PM by 'Cuda Hunter »
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

sleepychallenger

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2008 - 02:39:15 AM »
this one?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2008 - 08:39:22 AM »
I have seen that one but it was another one that I saw that looked more like the 67 model.  Thanks for the pics though. I think I saw the picture in my Pontiac Enthusiast magazine. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2008 - 11:30:31 AM »
I do like the first gen of Camaros but I don't like the new one at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :puke:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2008 - 07:12:40 PM »
Back in the yrs, a gto and buick gs kinda looked the same like a cuda-challenger in some respect.   I wont take anything away from pontiac when it comes to there GTO. They know their name label is a legend with the GTO.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2008 - 12:43:44 AM »
I always enjoyed racing Ponchos. I beat a 400 tri-powered goat with my 318 Cuda (the guy had a huge mouth and was talking trash) and beat a L-88 Chevy powered Goat with my old 440 Challenger.  What's not to like? :smokin:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline BoughtItNew

• Barracuda
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2008 - 09:56:08 AM »
That 400 3P Goat pilot must not have been much of a driver!  Ran mine in stock form at Lake Geneva Dragway in 75 and blistered the track with mid 16 second et's on the stock tires, single 2v though I had installed 340 exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust.  Oh, and it had a 273 gear. 

How was yours equipped?
Mike Tritle
DeKalb, IL 60115
Original Owner
74 Barracuda

Purchased Sept. 10, 1974  
DesPlaines Chrysler Plymouth
DesPlaines, IL

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2008 - 09:28:36 PM »
I seen an ole gto today cruisin the back roads. I'll bet it has been setting there for yrs n years. They must have 30 cars of all kinds just setting out in the open  60/70's