Author Topic: MOPAR MADNESS......Pictures  (Read 1419 times)

Offline 71ChallengerSE

MOPAR MADNESS......Pictures
« on: August 07, 2008 - 04:48:33 PM »
Its almost time for Mopar Madness hosted by my local club the tidewater mopar club, hope to see some c-c members out there...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008 - 10:47:37 PM by 71ChallengerSE »

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: MOPAR MADNESS
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008 - 05:41:42 PM »
Thanks for posting that Chris. Should be a great show, swap meet & drag races. :burnout: Some of the more well known vendors should be there not to mention a pretty decent swap meet section!!  :drool: See ya there!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71ChallengerSE

Re: MOPAR MADNESS.................Update
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008 - 06:30:30 PM »
Update :2thumbs:

Offline 71ChallengerSE

Re: MOPAR MADNESS
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008 - 10:47:03 PM »
Here are some pictures I took at this years mopar madness, what a great turnout and great weather. :picture:

http://community.webshots.com/album/565583010WXMSfA?vhost=community

Offline inot2old

Re: MOPAR MADNESS......Pictures
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008 - 05:00:25 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  I went today & there was nothing there except about 20 or 30 drag cars.  In past years they had the car show awards on Sunday & seminars & other things,  I didn't realize that they had changed the whole schedule this year.   :swear:  I guess I should have checked the website closer. :pullinghair:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008 - 06:35:27 PM »
Hey Bill,
Sorry you missed some of the fun. There were so many folks in the past that left on Saturday evening that couldn't be there for the Sunday awards ceremony and due to this the club decided to move the awards ceremony to Saturday evening. The turnout was not what it was last year, but I'd say about at least 80% as many cars as last year. Some of the bigger name vendors did not show up this year. I know Legendary Interiors was supposed to be set up, but they didn't make it. The races were awesome and the weather was perfect (low 80's and low humidity). I enjoyed meeting you at Carlisle and hope you can make it for the entire show next year!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline TripleT

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008 - 12:01:02 PM »
We made this a father/son day, but had a great time.  I was impressed by the Nicewander's 2 newly restored AAR's although I thought it interesting that they were both column shifts.  I never saw them to talk to them.  First time for my boys to see the drag racing, and the Mopar version was fantastic.  Not as big as an event as I expected, but then again, I just got back from Carlisle. 

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/SeamusCorrigan/MoparMadness/
-Tim

1970 Plymouth Barracuda    2000 Dodge Ram 2500

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008 - 12:47:57 PM »
Great pics, Seamus, you must be 8' tall - it looks like you're way high up when you took those photos  :smilielol:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline TripleT

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008 - 01:55:58 PM »
LOL!   :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

That's my new technique, hold it high and aim.  Tryin' to get artistic.....
-Tim

1970 Plymouth Barracuda    2000 Dodge Ram 2500

Offline Ford.P51

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008 - 03:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  I went today & there was nothing there except about 20 or 30 drag cars.  In past years they had the car show awards on Sunday & seminars & other things,  I didn't realize that they had changed the whole schedule this year.   :swear:  I guess I should have checked the website closer. :pullinghair:

+1, I expected to see at least a few cars left over from the car show but all that was there were the drag cars. Fun to watch em' race, but extremely disappointing that there weren't any cuda and challengers to gawk at.
1969 Ford Mustang Mach1
1972 Challenger