Author Topic: Front Glass Lower Trim  (Read 967 times)

Offline MrMopar440

Front Glass Lower Trim
« on: August 08, 2008 - 04:00:45 AM »
73 Barracuda - Does anyone have tips on getting the lower trim to seat against the glass flush? I finally got a new wiper motor (with a working park function) and the wipers hang up on the trim. I am thinking that is why the last park function broke. I tried for a couple of hours last night, but I think all I did is make it worse  :banghead: I would really like to get this "little" upgrade finished over the weekend as our good weather is not going to be around long. Thanks

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
Re: Front Glass Lower Trim
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008 - 07:49:50 AM »
Mine didn't sit flush either. It isn't supposed to be sealed but I put a VERY thin bead of clear silicone right near the edge and left it taped down overnight. Has stayed down for me for over a year now. 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008 - 07:51:35 AM »
I had to put washers under the screw areas to change the angle to help it fit close to the glass. If the wipers hang, it can damage the wiper motor

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008 - 05:03:23 PM »
You may have to pull the arms off and re-set them. The wipers shouldnt go past the top of the chrome until you turn them off, after that the motor pulls them down the rest of the way...  :cheers:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008 - 07:23:57 AM »
I might not be correct but everyone I have pulled off has had a butyl sealant on it as a way of holding it down tight to the cowl.I wouldn't use silicone(causes rust problems).I am gonna use a urethane window sealent on mine when I do it,only because its super strong and water wont penetrate it.Just my two cents

The Clown