Author Topic: Well spent $80 bucks (Grant Tuff Wheel)  (Read 4253 times)

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
Re: Well spent $80 bucks (Grant Tuff Wheel)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008 - 10:45:47 AM »
I got the wheel but I had to grind the hole on the horn switch so the new horn button would fit. It was quick and easy to do. I love the look too.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008 - 01:58:10 PM »
That wheel is the one I replaced, it's not a bolt on, and slightly different (silver paint vs polished).  You can definitely use it, but you will have to cut the slot for the tab, drill the 3 mounting holes, and drill and tap the horn button holes.

Anyone interested can have the wheel I already modified for $30 shipped.  It'll save you $15 and it's already been modified to bolt-on.

Katfish, I'll take you up on that! Sent you a PM.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline heminut

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008 - 02:54:31 PM »
Hey bb71challenger, you trying to undercut me? :clueless:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008 - 04:41:43 PM »
Hey bb71challenger, you trying to undercut me? :clueless:

never saw your reply and it didnt flag red before I posted so  :dunno:  No big deal, the post that comes first always gets it so dont wrinkle anything lol. Ah I know why I did not see your reply, I never went to page 2 of the thread  :banghead:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline heminut

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008 - 11:10:04 PM »
No problem my friend. Just seemed like odd behavior for one of the regulars here. :2thumbs:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008 - 06:27:20 AM »

I purchased 2 of these, 1 for my 'Cuda and 1 for Dad's and was extremerly disappointed with the quality. It's  POS :P Not raining on anyone's parade, just telling it like it is for anyone thinking of getting one, I would advise against it. OK for a driver condition car (barely) but for a custom or show vehicle, don't. I expected it to be a lot nicer.

The pitting in the grip is everywhere and all the way around, poor stitching, cheap rubber grip that moves when you give it a moderate "motorcycle rev" and it's just a poor, poor, product all around. Again, this isn't directed at anyone with one, as a forum is about opinions, I'm giving mine. I have two which will be sold locally for cheap. I should have known better I guess. There's a reason they're cheap........... :2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008 - 09:46:24 PM »
For the money I think its a great deal. Mine bolted right on with no mods what so ever. I bought one so that I could store my OEM Tuff wheel. Yes there are some differences between the two of them such as size (oem is slightly smaller) and the way the spokes are located in contrast to the rim, however the foam on my original wheel does not seem to be any better quality than the Grant. Just my observation. :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008 - 09:58:21 AM »
For the money I think its a great deal. Mine bolted right on with no mods what so ever. I bought one so that I could store my OEM Tuff wheel. Yes there are some differences between the two of them such as size (oem is slightly smaller) and the way the spokes are located in contrast to the rim, however the foam on my original wheel does not seem to be any better quality than the Grant. Just my observation. :2thumbs:

I don't have an original for comparison, but I'm very happy with the wheel.  It was one of the few purchases of aftermarket parts that actually fit the way it should.
I guess everyone has different expectations.