1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER

Author Topic: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER  (Read 31457 times)

Offline plumcrazy704406

Re: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008 - 08:00:19 PM »
?has anyone looked at this car?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008 - 07:26:27 AM by plumcrazy704406 »
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2008 - 11:25:02 AM »
Thank you my fellow Canadian your comment is extremely appropriate and makes all the sense in the world.  :canada:

I find it interesting that people who have never seen my car have so many opinions about it -- including rotting sunbleached interior. :22yikes:
My interior is not rotting and sunbleached (but perhaps yours was or is, as you like to base your opinions on experience),
in fact the interior is in near perfect condition, except for the drivers seat. Experience is indeed a wonderful thing, but not definitive or a permanent
safety net, sometimes life throws you a spanner. I am that spanner.  :roflsmiley:  :woohoo: 
I admit my faults and inexperience in areas and even mistakes at times. But I have often not had experience in areas and been highly successful.  :cooldancing: 
Because it takes more than experience sometimes.

By the way, the car was not placed in the sun. Someone who is a car enthusiast ( and a neighbor's friend) advised me that the car has
been perfectly preserved, better than anyone could expect given the circumstances. These are his words not mine.  :worshippy

By the way, the car was not completely closed up so there is nothing growing inside. I was advised before letting it sit years ago (by another fellow Canadian
and generally nice guy) to leave the vents partially open for air circulation. Also the collector car shows in Alberta is not a big-to-do, Alberta is not that fancy wancy.
Nothing I am sure that compares to where you have been and seen.

It must be very disappointing to be advised that you can not always be right. Come and check it out if you want to take a look in the trunk and under the hook. You seem to think there are problems everywhere with my car without seeing it. Amazing!  I wish I had extra sensory vision as you do. That's quite a gift. Treasure it. It will get you far.  :banghead:

Also what I own and/or manage has nothing to do with the car and find it interesting you even want to know. Indeed, my resume is actioned pack I do admit that as well as being quite unique, but this is what gets me up in the morning and breathe deeply and say I love this life - what am I going to accomplish today. But of course my resume is not relevant here. Is it?.

Perhaps you wish to present your resume to me and I will do the same in return. Not fair it is all one sided. Let it rip! :bigsmile:

Offline ogopogo

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2008 - 12:30:47 PM »
One of 443,,,WOW !!  Im was getting ready to restore my hemi 4-speed 66 satellite this winter but it is one of 509 built.Obviously I should try and buy this brown,6 cylinder ,rusty challenger, it will be worth so much more in the end because it is rarer ! If I can get rid of my heap I will be in touch !! Maybe the challenger is one of one?How many would be brown/brown?

Seriously though,the only way to find the true value of this "survivor?" is to put it on ebay with no reserve.You will attract buyers from around the globe,come on,lets see what it is really worth !!

Offline tb3cuda

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2008 - 01:16:41 PM »
This thread is getting out of hand.   :eek4:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2008 - 01:32:13 PM »
 :iagree:

lets keep on topic and keep it civil folks. honestly with the market the way it is, i think that 6 - 9 K is not out of range, but i havent seen the car. this is just just my  :2cents: just like anyone else on here. anyone that has the 440 sitting around waiting for a donor body may want this car because of the straight body and little amount of body work. really, it is all what someone is going to pay. Someone may even want to keep it just as is. If i could look at the car and thought it was worth what she was asking, i would love to have a /6 chally. if it was as described, i may be inclined to offer what she is asking. but again, my   :2cents:

Drew

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008 - 01:50:56 PM »
This is in the forsale adds, not the what is it worth thread. So it is forsale. This is a newbie, playing it by ear, trying to sell a car and learning as she goes. Good for her. She has read all of the tips and good places to try and list the car. 10k to 18k is on the table. Simple enough

I also wanna add that my car , which is the august COTM car, was a 318 4spd m46 code barracuda. I bought it in the desert. It had nothing on it. No rearend, no frontend, no interior,doors front cap, trunklid, wireing, windows, nothing. It was all apart and the engine was missing. I bought the car ,all the pieces and had it shipped to me for 14k. Yeah a 318 barracuda. It is now a 440-6 4spd 354 dana car.  The challenger is forsale for x amount of dollars. Somewhere there is a buyer. That person will be pleased about the car. The car is worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. No set price. The seller will decide the price or end up keeping the car. Simple as that. The more she does to her car, the closer she will come to that certain price she is looking for.

Daytona and some others points do ring true. And the seller could gain some good knowledge reading their points. But I am for just riding through this add and waiting to see what the selling price will finally be. It might take a while, but it will sell for what ever.  Lets watch and just wait to see what happens.

Good luck on the sale :wave:

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008 - 03:30:15 PM »
 :clueless:

Just curious? This thread seems to be hijacked. I think it has become more about the keeping it on the top and in the news versus the sale of a car. I think we new as much as we needed back many pages ago. Is the thread interesting conversation? or about the a car for sale? Should it be elsewhere?
Just my :2cents:

:drama:

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008 - 10:47:02 PM »
Oh my;

Name:  ogopogo
Position:  Newbie
Date Registered:  November 29, 2004 - 02:31:23 PM
Last Active:  Today at 11:30:43 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:  junee@telus.net 
Current Status:   Offline 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Time: September 02, 2008 - 09:43:55 PM
Language: 

Signature:

A member for almost four years, then pipes up with THAT as a first post?

Some members should post less.   :screwy:

:roflsmiley:

Barry

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008 - 11:38:15 PM »
 :iagree:

Some people cannot open their mouths without insulting someone else. I wish they would just keep quiet at times.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008 - 01:02:42 AM »
I'll be driving through red deer in the next few days if someone really wants me to take a look at it.  Talk about a long car for sale thread....lol.    :faint:

Car looks like a great example of a survivor, but very few people who would pay the money to restore a car like this, would never leave it like that, so its a great candidate for a clone at best...which means gutting it and being left with a bare shell, unless you find the one person who likes brown on brown.  Cool car though, my challenger is also a deputy.    :2thumbs:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

sleepychallenger

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2008 - 01:32:12 AM »
Oh my;

Name:  ogopogo
Position:  Newbie
Date Registered:  November 29, 2004 - 02:31:23 PM
Last Active:  Today at 11:30:43 AM

MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:  junee@telus.net 
Current Status:   Offline 

Local Time: September 02, 2008 - 09:43:55 PM
Language: 

Signature:

A member for almost four years, then pipes up with THAT as a first post?

Some members should post less.   :screwy:

Barry

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2008 - 02:23:53 AM »
 :popcorn:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2008 - 04:47:41 AM »
since it seems the topic is about of the value of this car, maybe it should be moved to the "what's it worth" file? Put it to all the members in that forum.
 :horse:
 :violin:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008 - 02:01:00 PM by plumcrazy704406 »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008 - 01:04:44 PM »
I really wish there were some updated Photos of the car when it doesnt look so neglected....  :picture:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2008 - 02:13:15 PM »
Hi Guys,

YES I WILL TAKE NEW PICS WALLY. GIVE ME A WEEK OR SO TO POLISH AND CLEAN ETC. AND THEN I WILL BORROW THAT GOOD DIGITAL CAMERA FROM THE FAMILY MEMBER AGAIN.  :picture:

To those of you (and i can not list you all but you know who you are ) who have been nothing but supportive, respective, kind and just very nice to me  -- A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!! :2thumbs:  :wow: I think all you guys are  really great and especially Alaskan_TA who has offered to assist me in my venture starting a Deputy Register - I think this is the beginning of wonderful friendship!!! If i keep the car I am very serious about starting the DEPUTY REGISTER -- hard work was not does deter me.

To those of you who think I am have dishonest ill moral motives, then listen up and will only say this once and lets put an end to this  :stirpot:  :poopoke:  :misbehaving: :drama:

I have been nothing but completely and utterly honest about this car and perhaps, that is just too surprising to those of you who can not try to sell a car without trying
pull the wool over peoples' eyes. On all my advertising listings for this car everywhere I advise --- if you want more pics with the rust and damage, then email me. I have emailed
many, many people with the exact same pictures of the car (there are alot of pictures!!!) and advise that these are honest detailed photos of the car and its condition. I have been overwhelmed with peoples' response --- advising me that they --- thank me for the honest pictures and detailed pictures as they say it is like trying to pull teeth from some people.

I took all the photos in 5-10 minutes and up to the last second that the car was on the driveway as the tow truck towed it away to the mechanic shop. In fact, the photos taken of the underneath of the car was when the tow truck guy was hoisting it onto the flat bed.All photos were taken over a month ago, just before the car was being towed to the mechanics and during the towing as I borrowed a very good digital camera from a family member that day. My husband took it upon himself to clean the car quickly before being towed, just with the garden hose, cloth and soapy water as it seemed like the sensible and logical thing to do at the time --- out of respect for the best and most fantastic and honest mechanic I have ever had the privilege of knowing, but for the car as well. However silly you think this sounds to you guys. It is the honest truth.

I did not hide that fact the car was wet and that my husband was washing, as my husband is in the pictures!! The car was not photographed wet to deceive, mislead, or present the car as shiny new paint, as it is not. Up close and in person I am surprised with the paint in the sense of the obvious quality of paint used compared to today and can appreciate the paint from different era. In fact, I have bought some Meguires car stuff that I read in this forum that was the best to used and I have also bought a car polisher as well as cleaning stuff for the interior. I planned on getting stuck into it this week and see what happens. I am excited to it too!!

The cracks in the dash I have never hid nor the door crank (which I have, by the way), the bumper sticker that is still on the bumper (by the way does anyone know how to get it off?), the headliner (which I think is the interior roof? but I am not sure) is NOT RIPPED, rather the it has come undone for about 1 foot as I suspect the thread has broke somewhere along the line and needs tacking (anyone know how I can mend it) that is the only place where there is an issue with the headliner but IT IS NOT RIPPED, as well I have never hid the damage or rust on the car --  as the pics show them and the close ups pics detail them. All the pictures are very explicit in the additional pictures I have emailed to those requesting more pictures than posted/listed. By the way, I swear all this on my dead father's ashes - the most honest moral upstanding person I will ever encounter and my hero and my inspiration always, not that it is relevant to you, but only relevant to me.

AGAIN, ANYONE WHO WANTS DETAILED PICS OF THE RUST AND DAMAGE PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I FORWARD YOU THOSE PICS. ALSO COMING AND SEEING THIS CAR WILL ALSO REVEAL TO YOU WHAT I AM AND HAVE BEEN SAYING. THIS IS WHERE EBAY DOES NOT WORK AND WHY I WILL NOT PUT IT ON EBAY AS YOU CAN NOT VIEW THE CAR. YOUR EYES ARE THE BEST WAY TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. I DO NOT WANT TO SCAM ANYONE AS THOSE OUT THERE WHO HAVE SCAMMED ME IN THE PAST. I WANT SOMEONE TO BE HAPPY WITH THEIR PURCHASE AND VIEWING THE CAR IS THE ONLY WAY HOW. I COULD NEVER EVER SELL TO SOMEONE WITHOUT THEM SEEING IT OR SENDING A REPRESENTATIVE TO VIEW IT. YOU CAN NOT BUY SIGHT UNSEEN THAT IS SILLINESS AND SO EBAY IS SILLINESS TO ME PERSONALLY. :clapping:

p.s. i did not realize that brown on brown is not popular (it is popular in the world of fashion and interior decor), as i like the color and name brown, considering my last name/surname is BROWN and just one reason why my parents bought the car. So that means it is BROWN ON BROWN ON BROWN!!! He He. I am funny arent I? :roflsmiley:
 I have taken most of what those have said in jest - I do have a sense of humor - but its those upstarts that need a lesson or two!! I will be showing the car next week to a couple of people and then to auction. Will let you know what happens if you are interested. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Bella Beeze
 :cheers: :canada: