1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER

Author Topic: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER  (Read 31456 times)

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
Re: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2008 - 02:25:57 PM »
DAYTONA
I never said you wanted to buy the car but why are you are doing such a great hatchet job on me and my car --- WHY? and to Whose Benefit? And why you are so persistent and dedicated to this hatchet job? And you will not let it go? WHY? Do you know anyone who wants to buy the car?

Bella Beeze

Offline sadil340

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2008 - 05:53:11 PM »
DAYTONA
I never said you wanted to buy the car but why are you are doing such a great hatchet job on me and my car --- WHY? and to Whose Benefit? And why you are so persistent and dedicated to this hatchet job? And you will not let it go? WHY? Do you know anyone who wants to buy the car.

Bella, I don't think anyone on this board is trying to do a hatchet job on you. You are a newbie in a very tight community and it's hard to fit into that kind of environment. Couple that with the difficulty of communicating via text and not face-to-face and the odds are someone will get the wrong idea as to intentions. Be patient - I can see evidence that you are trying hard to understand the nuances of the messages that are going back and forth - and concentrate on your intentions and everything will work out. This is one of the most understanding and helpful groups of people that I've ever run across - and I'm a relative newbie myself.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2008 - 06:00:46 PM »

THERE ARE DEFINITELY  THREE (3) PEOPLE ON HERE THAT ENJOY TRASHING MY CAR IN ORDER TO GET THE PRICE DOWN, BUT THESE SAME 3 PEOPLE HAVE HAUNTED ME TO BUY  & VIEW THE CAR. WHAT THEY DO IS EMAIL ME EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE AND ASK - IS THE CAR STILL AVAILABLE? IF SO I WANT TO VIEW IT. I RESPOND TO THEIR EMAIL AND TRY TO SET UP A VIEWING, BUT I DO NOT HEAR FROM THEM. THEN, A LITTLE WHILE LATER THEY CONTACT ME AGAIN ASKING - IS THE CAR STILL AVAILABLE AS I CONTACTED YOU BEFORE, BUT YOU DID NOT RESPOND? IF IT IS STILL AVAILABLE THEN I WANT TO VIEW IT. I RESPOND TO THEIR EMAIL AGAIN, BUT THEY DO NOT ANSWER ME. THEN THEY WAIT AWHILE LONGER AND SEND ME ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I AM COMING THROUGH RED DEER THE WEEK OF ...... AND THE LATEST MESSAGE WAS THE WEEK OF SEPT 2 AND WANT TO VIEW IT. I RESPOND, BUT I NEVER HEAR BACK FROM THEM. OH BY THE WAY THEY LIVE IN AND AROUND CALGARY AND RED DEER AND EDMONTON!! EASY TO FIGURE OUT WHO THEY ARE!!! EH?!?!

For the record this member is not me.....I will be travelling through red deer, but i'm not internested in looking at this car.     :2cents:  :drama:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2008 - 07:33:48 PM »
This is a /6 car we are fighting over?   :eek7:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2008 - 07:54:04 PM »
This is a /6 car we are fighting over?   :eek7:

:clueless:
Not so sure my friend.
Have we all become consumed with BB'S wheels? Are we losing our well trained, train of thought? Are we being digested by BB"S thread?
Lord, I hope I don't come out like a piece of C**p on this one.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:00:38 PM »
Duck a snowball !!  Look it's headed for .......Let it go. A nice 71 chally 318 numbers car just sold here for 6500.  It will sell or not. The thread hadnt been bad on any type of fighting. Leave the post alone for viewers to see the car forsale.   

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:48:09 PM »
Duck a snowball !!  Look it's headed for .......Let it go. A nice 71 chally 318 numbers car just sold here for 6500.  It will sell or not. The thread hadnt been bad on any type of fighting. Leave the post alone for viewers to see the car forsale.   

:iagree:

Al? you ok? snowball? 78 degrees today?  :)

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:14:06 PM »
:iagree:

Al? you ok? snowball? 78 degrees today?  :)

This post is like a snowball headed for HE!! is what it was intended to be :2thumbs:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:28:17 PM »
DAYTONA
I never said you wanted to buy the car but why are you are doing such a great hatchet job on me and my car --- WHY? and to Whose Benefit? And why you are so persistent and dedicated to this hatchet job? And you will not let it go? WHY? Do you know anyone who wants to buy the car?

Bella Beeze

..."car for sale" threads are rarely/never discussed at this length on any forum I visit, but when you asked "whats it worth" you opened yourself up to everyones opinion...I'm not trying to ruin your sale, I could care less what you do with your car...no, I don't want it, I am not secretly EMailing you or anyone else and I am not trying to destroy your price, no one can make you lower your price but you.....and no, I don't know anyone that wants your car.....you said you had numerous offers, too numerous to count, sell it before they find another car and lose interest in yours (one similar to yours sold today)

...you have the car advertised in other places, apparently with no luck, then sign in here to hopefully find someone who will purchase it...you have never contributed ANYTHING to the forum before you placed a FREE ad, and once your car is sold, you will most likely never contribute anything again...yes, we watch out for each other here due to so many scams and new people are scrutinized more harshly than ones we know

...take it to a "collector car auction" of your choice or sell it on Ebay(the real test of it's value), or keep it and take it to Australia, but your sales pressure tactics leave me cold....must sell by this date, then another date, then you might keep it, multiple offers, big $$$ offers, jump in while you have a chance, hurry up and buy now.....spare me the drama....keep it, sell it, what ever you wish to do with it suits me fine...but remember, it is only worth what your best $$$ offer is today, anything else is pure speculation
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 - 11:33:11 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2008 - 02:38:21 AM »
This thread is so long I got hungry reading it, so I thought I'd share some snacks.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2008 - 09:15:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing, I needed some of that.  Pass the butter please.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2008 - 11:28:02 AM »
DAYTONA,

Do you feel better now you got that off your chest. You obviously have a huge bee in your bonnet about me and I have obviously struck a very nasty cord within you. I do not know why I irritate you so, but nor do not care to know either. For such a SENIOR MEMBER you are acting very much like a juvenile by conducting yourself in an inappropriate manner - insulting, belittling, and demeaning me - but perhaps you have a history of this? I do not deserve nor need to put up with your school yard bullying tactics and I am prepared to fight you. I have done nothing to warrant such abuse and retaliation or do you think you are justified to do this because you are a senior member? Sometimes it takes an outsider to shake up the house.

I ask all you guys out there --- do I deserve what DAYTONA has dished out to me? Honestly do I? I welcome what you have to say and perhaps we could conduct a poll on this?

By the way that challenger that sold -- the underneath of the hood was very RUSTY -- would that not indicate problems? It appears that my car is in overall better condition that car, but I have not SEEN that other car to properly judege that, nor am I an expert in the field. I know my car is all original with matching numbers.

Thanks for the encouragement. How can I contribute anything when I am a newbie and am still learning? And by the way, it is this forum's and member's choice to run free ads. I would have paid, if them were the rules. Here is a suggestion for the forum and something I can contribute  -- why not have members pay for the listings for cars for sale as well as parts for sale, and base it upon how many posts a member has (for example: newbie $25, jr member $15 etc. all the way up to senior member $0)  It seems logical to me and it benefits the forum in general, as I am sure the money can go to good use -- website management and shows etc. See there! I can contribute to this forum with suggestion of benefical, and productive ideas that benefit the forum in general, but I can not contribute in the way of challenger and barracuda knowledge yet as I do not have enough experience and expertise and perhaps I will never gain that either -- I do not know at this point. But it could be a possibility some day.

Just as I suggested to Alaskan_TA who wanted to show me how to start up a DEPUTY/COUPE REGISTER, that the information he has on starting up a register is info others do not have and to just give it away is not fair to Alaskan_TA and all the long and hard work he has put into knowing how to start up a register and that he should charge for that information and not give it away free. I also offered to pay for that information. If you do not believe me check out on this forum my post in VIN/PRODUCTION #S etc that I posted to Alaskan yesterday way before your personal attack on my intentions and motives to joining this forum. I might add this is the only forum where I have actually had a chance to communicate in length to anyone. So at least I thank you for that much because at least then all of you on here know what I am made of and who I really am. My words and actions speak for itself.

But you seem he** bent on making me out to be a user and abuser of this forum and not a contributor. You have pigeon-holed me and will not back down from labelling me a user and abuser of this forum who only wants to place a free ad to sell a car. Great way to categorize an undesirable and trouble maker eh!?!? You have already pre-determined who I am and what I am about and nothing I say to you DAYTONA will change your mind about me -- I already knew that many many posts ago - you are that one bad apple in the bunch. But you will not and never stop me from coming and going from this forum.

Here is another suggestion for the forum -- why not make members pay a membership fee say of $25 after a free guest membership of 2 weeks or 1 month.  After being on this forum and the information I know it holds and how those of you who share such information so freely, I would pay. But new members have to experience what they are paying for in order for the forum to ask for such membership fees and then it would weed out the undesirables as well as the users and abusers. I would pay now knowing and feeling I would get my money's worth. Or at least I know I would have a great means to sharpen my debating skills.

I believe that people should get recogition for their knowledge that they have acquired and experienced first-hand, and that even includes you DAYTONA, but that does not give you the authority to do what you have done to me on here and are attempting to do to me on here. If you wish to continue this then that is -- your choice. As it is my choice to respond to you. And I will, because you remind me of that school yard bully that I never had to contend with personally, but who I saw others berated by. It is your choice DAYTONA, but it is also my choice to advertise my car any way I see fit as long as it follows the rules -- this includes how I wish to advertise my car and with whatever words I wish to use, how many offers I wish to turn down, and how much I will sell my car for and where I wish to sell it.

Yes I asked to all you guys -- how much is my car worth but that does not give you the unilateral authority to diminish and berate me and my car. But of course the choice is yours,...... but....... is it for the best interest of the forum you continue this  on me and my car or a chance to see how to better structure and format this forum. I would be very interested in assisting in that to ensure that another newbie is not subjected to what I have been subjected to.

Sincerely,
Bella Beeze

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2008 - 12:33:04 PM »
Wow.

That was quite the speech.  Now here's the deal.

You should know a little about who you're speaking about before you launch into something like this.  I've never met him - may never meet him - but I do know that Daytona has been buying and selling collectible cars for about 40 years.  He has an pretty nice collection of Mopars and others now, including three (?) Challengers and has had a number of cars that were considered in good enough condition to be displayed as featured cars in national magazines.  He has a wealth of knowledge about the value of these cars.  He keeps these cars in a controlled environment in order to slow down the hands of time, because for him, they're an investment as well as a passion.  If he tells you that you're asking too much for your car, he knows whereof he speaks.  As a person who has no experience with the value of these cars, it's in your best interest to take several opinions in pricing the car. 

What I've seen in this thread is a fairly nice older car that simply does not have much value on the market.  I'm sure it's well-preserved for it's age.  If you can get $18,000 for it, more power to you.  If you're willing to wait long enough, I'm sure you'll get it.  But it's important to keep in mind that what's being discussed here is a car - an object, of which there were a couple of hundred thousand built, thousands of them with slant-six engines.  The price you're asking is in line with well-kept 318 cars or even some big block cars.  Several people have suggested to you that you offer it on E-bay.  You can put it on there with a high reserve that represents your absolute lowest selling price and a Buy It Now Price of how much you want to get.  If you get it - great.  If not, then the market has determined that your car isn't worth what you think it is.  At least you'll know.

I see no evidence of any personal attack on you by Daytona.  Yes, there were some posts by some members with a disrespectful tone  :nono:.  Yes, Daytona did get sarcastic in subsequent posts, but his original assessment of your car wasn't sarcastic - it was factual and informed.  He offered his expertise about the hidden costs of restoring an almost 40 year old car that's been sitting outside in the weather.  He didn't attack you - he offered his opinion.  After he offered an opinion you didn't like, you turned this into something personal.  I'm sure you're a wonderful person - an obviously intelligent, determined woman.  But I can tell you that turning this into a Bella Beeze vs. Daytona thing is not helping your cause, which is to sell your car.

And, no - I don't want your car.  I can't afford to fix up the one I have - a low rust CA big block car that I'd sell in a second for $10,000.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 - 12:43:40 PM by Greg's HO R/T »
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2008 - 01:12:36 PM »
 :iagree: Daytona definitely knows his stuff when it comes to these cars. I for one would like to see at least 20 detailed photos of the cars exterior interior trunk engine bay and underside. Here in California in the past few months I have seen several 70 and 71 Challengers with 318 engines sell for less than 11k that from what I have seen of your car so far are nicer than yours. If someone offers you more than 10k for the car I say take it. I also have to say that I would bet money that whoever is going to buy the car is going to yank that six cylinder out and drop a big block in it, just because there is no real market for a original restored slant six car and after all these are muscle cars and should have the power to back up the look. Good luck with the sale but I believe you are way off base on the price.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline kmyles

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2008 - 01:49:32 PM »
 :drama:
 :horse:
 :violin:
 :popcorn:
 :poopoke:

I think all the above pics are in order here!!! :roflsmiley:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!