1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER

Author Topic: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER  (Read 31438 times)

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
Re: 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER SURVIVOR CAR -- ORIGINAL OWNER
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2008 - 02:07:27 PM »
EvERYONE,

I can appreciate your responses and the esteem you hold for DAYTONA's opinions, experience and knowledge. I deeply apologize if I offended anyone at all in whatever I have said and written, but I have not gotten that back in return yet - any apologies or even a simple acknowledgment that perhaps the words said and the way it was said were not appropriate and representative of how newbies are handled here on the forum - even if you mildly refer to it as just being sarcastic. It was more than sacrastic from my estimation.

But you are missing my biggest point thus far. I have no problem with DAYTONA's opinion of the worth of my car that is his opinion and I respect it, though I disagree with it. That is not the issue now and you missed my latest point entirely - of what I am trying to communicate in my post this morning. I do not know whether or not some of you are wanting to recognize such an issue or just want to defend DAYTONA who is obviously not only worthy of respect, but a great friend and help to many of you. I understand that as I am a woman and understand how and why maternal instinct works, however defensive it comes across. Perhaps this is the difference between how women and men think and handle and see different situations differently.

The problem I have with DAYTONA is the manner in which I have been treated on this forum by the tone and content of his latest comments as well as others. Those others did not continue their discourse and instead DAYTONA came in to represent. Is this how you think newbie's should be treated on here - whether you refer to it as sacrastic or as I prefer demeaning and belittling - because I have not bowed down to the all-knowing ultimate authority and must not question any higher authority. Where does that say in the forum rules that I must and am expected to such rules.

I am sorry but the real world does not work that way and if it did it would not be a well-informed ever-evolving and developing democracy, rather than a totalitarian dictatorship and perhaps an autocratic ruler. I do not agree with such a way and means to influence and rule the many, that is for democracy's sake.

It comes down to respect, respect for the most senior members and respect for the most unsenior members. You guys here on this forum obviously have a legitimate problem with newbies and scammers in general and I understand that, but not all newbies are the same and deserve to be treated as such whether they are here for 2 minutes, 1 hour, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year of 5 years. I have offered a different way of dealing with newbies in my prior posts - suggestions and they are just that - suggestions and perhaps a different more cordial way of inviting new members to this great and well appreciated forum.

If you do not try to change things or improve things here, then what is your purpose here then. I do really belief you need to change something here on this forum regarding this issue and again I donate my time and interest on this matter to assist you with this dilemma.

I also wonder if a truce is in order and perhaps the suggestion that the forum should look at the issues I have suggested. You are probably right......that I will just fade away as that is the impression that you want me to do that, but the problems and issues on this forum that you have with newbies such as me will not just fade away unless they are addressed. The choice is yours.

Again Sincerely,
Bella Beeze

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:00:34 PM »
At the risk of stating things that have already been said in this LONG thread...

We are always leery of Newbies that just use this site to sell whatever they have. This is not a personal thing towards you Bella. On the other side, it has been suggested a few times here that you put your car on E-Bay to see what it's worth. I know you are afraid of getting ripped off, so here is my suggestion... Put it on E-Bay with a high reserve. I believe you wanted $18,000 originally, so stick with that. At the end of the auction, you will see what the rest of the world thinks of your car. I suggest you get the best pictures possible to place in the ad. Give all the info you have given us, and if it doesn't meet your reserve, at least you have some starting point to negotiate with any potential buyer. I understand selling a car that has been in the family so long can be tough. I wish you the best.   :wave:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:13:51 PM »
At the risk of stating things that have already been said in this LONG thread...

We are always leery of Newbies that just use this site to sell whatever they have. This is not a personal thing towards you Bella. On the other side, it has been suggested a few times here that you put your car on E-Bay to see what it's worth. I know you are afraid of getting ripped off, so here is my suggestion... Put it on E-Bay with a high reserve. I believe you wanted $18,000 originally, so stick with that. At the end of the auction, you will see what the rest of the world thinks of your car. I suggest you get the best pictures possible to place in the ad. Give all the info you have given us, and if it doesn't meet your reserve, at least you have some starting point to negotiate with any potential buyer. I understand selling a car that has been in the family so long can be tough. I wish you the best.   :wave:

Mike
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:18:43 PM »
I suggest you get the best pictures possible to place in the ad.

Second that.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:44:34 PM »
Ok, time for my  :2cents:....  :D  :horse:

It's too bad that a sale ad has carried into such a hurtful thread, at least I believe hurtful to Bella.  It saddens me to some degree as this thread is unrepresentative of the forum that we are.

Yes, Daytona is a very respected member of the forum but as I've seen MANY times, new members are also highly respected as well, regardless of how short a time they've come on this forum.  Just check out some of the newbie thread.  I doubt you'll find much disrespect but rather moreso encouragement.

This thread is a bit long so forgive me if I forgot some details along the way and why this has gotten out of hand.

:iagree:  I agree with Mike about the idea to Ebay this car.  My friend just tried this last week with a '68 Charger he's thinking of selling.  He did this to see what people think it's worth.  This seems like a good idea to get a # as to approximate value.  Right now on this forum, I think it'll have a "tainted" value because of this thread.

I'm sure this car has a lot of sentimental as it was your father's car but in the world of cars, sentimental value is in the eye of the beholder.  If it were my father's car, I would not sell it but keep it and fix it up as I would think my father would want it, but that is your choice as to what to do with it.

A truce would be good IMO.  I think there is enough info on this car and how to contact you in this thread.  If someone really wants this car they will get in contact with you.

Take care.   :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:04:23 PM »
Am I the only one here convinced that this car doesn't exist (or the solicitation isn't for real)?  There are so many red flags here it's not funny.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 - 04:06:02 PM by MJS73 »
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:14:54 PM »
Am I the only one here convinced that this car doesn't exist (or the solicitation isn't for real)?  There are so many red flags here it's not funny.

Mike

Crossed my mind also.  Maybe it's that same guy that was always looking to buy a car, but in reverse.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:24:16 PM »

I've been wrong before, but I don't think that's the case. I think we have a ase of someone who is just not familiar with the protocols of the hobby and the protocols of the board.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:31:16 PM »
THE IS AT TNT MECHANICAL IN RED DEER IN THE INDUSTRIAL PARK BEHIND ARBY'S. IT IS STILL AT THE MECHANICS AND IF YOU WANT TO STOP BY AND SEE GO RIGHT AHEAD. I AM IN CALGARY AND HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO PICK IT UP YET BUT WILL BE  HOPEFULLY ON MONDAY AFTER I HAVE BEEN ASSISTING MY MOTHER WHO IS A RECENT WIDOW AND NEEDS MY ASSISTANCE WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDING HER HEALTH, WHICH MEANS I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET THERE AND PICK IT UP.

BY THE WAY TREVOR THE MECHANIC AND OWNER OF THE BUSINESS - TNT MECHANICAL IS THE GREATEST.

BUT DO NOT DARE CALL ME A LIAR AND HOW DARE YOU. YOU ARE OUT OF LINE BUT THIS IS WHAT I COME TO EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS. SEND SOMEONE UP THERE TO LOOK AT THE CAR. PLEASE DO THEY CLOSE AT 4PM TODAY BUT RE-OPEN ON MONDAY AT 8AM. SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE AMAZINGLY NASTY. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE CAR NOW BUT I WONT WILL SELLING IT TO ANY OF YOU. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT AGAIN. YOU GUYS ARE OUTSTANDINGLY MEAN AND YES HURTFUL.

THANK YOU SUPER BLUE 72 I APPRECIATE YOUR WORDS AS OTHER BEFORE I HAVE WROTE -- A BIG THANK YOU!!!

BELLA BEEZE

Offline back n black

« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:45:05 PM »
DAYTONA IS SUCH AN AZZ HOLE! : :bigsmile:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:53:41 PM »

I guess you are out of the inheritance now!!     :lol:   :lol2:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline back n black

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2008 - 05:01:21 PM »
Viperman will probably be sending Daytona fathers day gifts from now on! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2008 - 05:21:32 PM »
I guess you are out of the inheritance now!!     :lol:   :lol2:

...I am now taking applications for a new #1 son :roflsmiley:

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2008 - 05:27:45 PM »

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

...I am now taking applications for a new #1 son :roflsmiley:

My application is in the mail... :stirpot:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2008 - 05:41:26 PM »

I'm sure this car has a lot of sentimental as it was your father's car but in the world of cars, sentimental value is in the eye of the beholder.  If it were my father's car, I would not sell it but keep it and fix it up as I would think my father would want it, but that is your choice as to what to do with it.

...I only got to be a SENIOR member because I post so much useless crap :roflsmiley:...I had never noticed I WAS a senior member until it was mentioned above, last time I checked my post count it was 5-600...

...thru the years, the most difficult cars to appraise or purchase are cars with strong sentimental family ties..."Uncle Bobs" car MUST be worth far more  because it was "Uncle Bobs" car....I always had the best luck purchasing cars from people in the hobby/business because they understand the market value of said piece and leave the emotions at home...

...I agree, if the car had been in my family all those years, I would probably keep it if it was financially possible/feasible...can't put a price on some things...that little tirdhead "Back N Black" is just waiting untill I kick off (hopefully soon) so he can be the "King of EBay"....

Butthead...

..."heh heh, uhhhhhh, heh heh, like uhhhhh,  I'm tired of readin all this stuff, uhhhhh, I'm gonna go take a crap"

Beavis...

..."heh heh, heh heh, me too.....when does this show end, I wanna watch MTV, heh heh, heh heh"

Butthead...

..."uhhhhh, like uhhhhhh, shut up Beavis, heh heh...."