Author Topic: help guys help i think ive been ripped  (Read 12573 times)

Offline ozrt4406

help guys help i think ive been ripped
« on: August 10, 2008 - 06:02:29 AM »
help needed guys , in march this year i bought a 70 challenger off a guy named kyle jackson in liberty indiana, he went by the ebay name mopar-dr. i have paid for the car via pay pal, i have been in holidays and have came back to an email from my shipper guy telling me there is no car or  no one there by that name , his numbers were 7659776343/7654580030 i al;so bought a 440 motor and paid for it via paypal item no for car was 190206572017/ motor 190225213454, inc in sale were numerous parts inc a 340 and 4 spd . any help will be much appreciated.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: help guys help i think ive been ripped
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008 - 06:57:08 AM »
 :22yikes: :popcorn:
Hi Guys,

Is their any members near or in the Liberty, Indiana region than can help Ian out please.

Ian has only just got back from a three week working holiday here in Queensland and had spent a few days hanging out with me while he has been up here.  Ian lives in Victoria and it is a two day drive or 24 hours solid non stop driving from my place to his place, he has only just got home to find out his Challenger had not arrived yet.  He is a top guy that needs our help..................

Hemiken.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008 - 09:54:50 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008 - 07:14:11 AM »
wow man. have you gone back to paypal or ebay on this? seems like it would probably be quite a bit of money.

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008 - 11:27:15 AM »
Maybe a member in that area could drop by the place and check things out for you. Got an address etc? I would if I was near there, but unfortunatly I 'm not. A little detective work is always exciting. hope it works out in the long run for you.
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline gkring

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008 - 11:55:29 AM »
Man, file that with Paypal right away. I can't believe you waitied 4 months to say anything. is that because of the overseas issue? Since it all went down over paypal you are not going to have an address or a real name to look for anyway. Hopefully Paypal can handle it all for you, otherwise you will be looking at opening a criminal fraud case.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008 - 12:07:22 PM »

You've got 45 days from the time the payment was made mate so if gkring is right and you waited 4 months then you maybe out of luck. I'm not sure what you paid for the car and I don't want to be daft here but if you didn't check the car out or have someone inspect it and the seller in person and then purchased the car sight unseen then you really did yourself no favors.

I hope it all works out, not a nice story to hear but again, the warnings are out there to stay safe and do your part to prevent this stuff as best as possible and I'm not sure buying a car then going on a 4 week holiday would have helped matters either. Keep us posted and I hope you can get this sorted ASAP.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008 - 01:10:47 PM »

You've got 45 days from the time the payment was made mate so if gkring is right and you waited 4 months then you maybe out of luck. I'm not sure what you paid for the car and I don't want to be daft here but if you didn't check the car out or have someone inspect it and the seller in person and then purchased the car sight unseen then you really did yourself no favors.

:iagree:   :iagree:   :iagree:

I just have to ask why the long wait? I would have wanted this all to go down as quickly as possible.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008 - 01:15:21 PM »
i have been in holidays

he did say that he had been away...

Offline mopower

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008 - 01:19:18 PM »
all scammers must die... the best way to make them pay would probably be to make them work to acheive something :villagers: :villagers: :villagers: :villagers:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008 - 02:53:49 PM »
That sucks
I did a little Ebay research and it looks like the guy skipped.  He had 100% feedback until the last two where he didn't ship the products.

He might be an honest guy that got greedy but I bet he took pictures of the car when it was comeplete and then deconstructed the car and sold most of it piece by piece.  Then his last step was to take the pics he took in the begining and sold it like it was still a car.  If you look at his feedback it appears he sold everything out of a Challenger parts car.

He probably has several Ebay names that he goes by.  He gets good feedback and then pulls a major scam at the end like this..

Sorry bud
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008 - 03:20:37 PM by 360cuda »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008 - 03:24:26 PM »

That description sounds bad. Speaking from experience Pete? :icon16: :lol2: j/k! I hope that's not the case. As per my original post, maybe more could have been done if the car had been pre-inspected prior to payment. :crying:

Is there anyway to communicate with buyers of some of the parts that may very well be off his car? Perhaps he could explain his situation and then find some contact details of the seller they got the parts from?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008 - 04:10:47 PM »

That description sounds bad. Speaking from experience Pete? :icon16: :lol2: j/k! 

not yet...... :crazy:..  Actually the Camaro biz is down with the economy so I may need to sell some round taillight Plymouth parts pretty soon. hope not

My opinion is gleemed from other examples I have seen folks getting ripped off.  I'm afraid this example is more the rule then the exception when it comes to Efilet fraud.   My first idea was maybe the freight guy was ripping you off but looking at kyle jackson's feedback really tells the tale.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:00:47 PM »
This is NOT like earlier where a few people were out a few dollars. This has to be a major amount of cash that is at stake. I am sure the guy is ripping himself a new one for not getting some sort of secondary inspection of the car so adding to that would just be cruel. We need to pool our resources and find this piece of **** and make sure he gets what he deserves.  :villagers:  Makes me sick to think someone would make a huge investment like that just to find out its all gone  :puke:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:05:15 PM »
 :iagree: I cant beleive people like this can go on living and feel no remorse. Maybe we're jut decent people. Its a similar situation when i see a MotherF'r throw trash out the window of their car.  :villagers:

{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:07:43 PM »
:iagree: I cant beleive people like this can go on living and feel no remorse. Maybe we're jut decent people. Its a similar situation when i see a MotherF'r throw trash out the window of their car.  :villagers:

I hear that. I even get peeved when I see a smoker throw a butt out the window. I think to myself, you selfish prick, you smoke the thing, at least have the decency to put it in your ashtray, what you are too good for the butt now that its trash?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*