Author Topic: help guys help i think ive been ripped  (Read 12581 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: help guys help i think ive been ripped
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:17:17 PM »
Not to mention SOMEONE has to pick that sh!t up!

I did the same search. It really looks like he did exactly what was said earlier. Id say he took that car apart "piece by piece" --it may be the only time i ever write that exact sequence of words so I now have to give a shout out to Slayer...  :ylsuper:

sorry, not trying to belittle the topic.

Anyway, I really hope some justice goes out here. Maybe he got deployed to Iraq or something, or a random deadly accident....  :dunno:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008 - 05:26:06 PM »
There's a post running here saying pay pal sucks. I think the guy was able to put the screws to a member here past 4 months and was lieing too

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008 - 06:27:31 PM »
HI GUYS , IT MAY SOUND A BIT STUPID  BUT I WAS IN TOUCH WITH THE GUY UNTIL A FEW WEEKS AGO , HOME PHONE AND MOBILE PHONE,THE REASON IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG AS THE SHIPPER WHO WAS PICKING IT UP HAD OTHER WORK ON SO  IT WAS OK FOR ME TO WAIT AND OK WITH THE SELLER FOR THE CAR TO SIT,IT WAS A ROLLER  NO RUNNING GEAR EXCEPT THE OTHER MOTORS SEPARATE SO THEP RICE WAS $3200.00 USD ,AROUND $4000.00 AUST AT THE TIME , I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH ANYONE I HAVE BOUGHT STUFF OFF IN THE US, EVERYONE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT,I DID AS MUCH CHECKING AS I COULD . THIS GUY EVEN SOLD OTHER STUFF TO PEOPLE IN OZ THAT I KNOW AND NO PROBS , SO WHAT MORE CAN YOU DO?ANYWAY VIN NIMBER WAS JH23COB338023 WAS EK2 PAINT COLOR  6CYL 3SP MANUAL CAR.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008 - 07:47:12 PM »
I hope their is a member who does not live too far away and they could drive over and check out to see if the car is their or not. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline aarcuda33

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008 - 10:11:36 PM »
 I did a yahoo map search and I only live about an hour one way from Liberty Indiana .
 If no one else comes foward that lives any closer I could drive over and look for you .
 I probably would not be able to until Sunday though with the way I work . No fear my driving is alot better than my computer skills !

I think years ago ( maybe like 20 yrs ) their was a guy over there who had a B5 AAR sitting in his back yard he also had a bunch of Dodge trucks . I think I could find his house again if he  is not the guy maybe he knows him  assuming he still lives there .

I do not know what I can do for you but get ahold of me and ask if I can help I will.
 I have not searched the phone numbers or the name you listed yet but that would be a good place to start .   

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008 - 04:12:03 AM »
OKAY WE ARE GETTING A BIT CLOSER , JAY ( AARCUDA33 THANKS MATE ) HAS FOUND THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS FOR ME ON THE NET, KYLE JACKSON, 1255 SOUTH SALEM ROAD LIBERTY INDIANA 47353-9588    , DOES ANYONE LIVE CLOSE ENOUGH TO HAVE A LOOK SEE?   I WILL PAY EXPENSES  THANKS AGAIN.

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008 - 03:47:01 PM »
Did I miss something here? Haven't you got the address of the seller? How was your shipper going to pick it up?  :dunno:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008 - 07:26:06 PM »
That is a terrible thing that has happened to you. I have heard other members
saying that people can get ripped off. It is very nice to see others
helping you out here. I do not live near Indiana so I can not help you out there.
Sorry. I am sure someone on here will help you out though.

I am sorry to bother you right now in your predicament but I was just wondering --
you said you were having the car shipped to Australia.
What company does that and approximately how much does it cost? Appreciate
any info on that.

I am contemplating bringing my car ('71 Dodge Challenger) back with me to Australia in November.
I live in Melbourne. But I do not know where to begin about shippers and cost etc. As well,
are the prices for challengers similar in Australia similar to Canada & the USA?

I know you are in a difficult situation right now so when ever you are free in the future to
respond it would be appreciated.

I hope everything works out for you.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008 - 07:47:47 PM »
Man, feel real bad for you, ozrt4406.   :-[  I'm in MA so I can't help.

Maybe start another thread title "Who lives in Indian?  NEED HELP!!!"  The title may catch some people's attension better than asking for someone in Indiana within this thread.  I'm sure there are members there.

Hope all works out for you.  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008 - 10:32:50 PM »
Did I miss something here? Haven't you got the address of the seller? How was your shipper going to pick it up?  :dunno:

IT WAS ALL DONE VIA THE PHONE WHICH WAS CONNECTED UP TO A FEW WEEKS AGO BOTH HOME AND MOBILE PHONE ,SOUNDS  STRANGE I KNOW BUT I WAS IN CONSTANT PHONE CONTACT , THE SHIPPERS HAD HIS NUMBERS TO RING WHEN THEY WERE READY TO GO , ANYWAY I AM GETTING A BIT CLOSER , HE SOLD A CUDA TO A GUY IN AUSTRALIA , I HAVE CONTACED HIM., HE IS TRYING TO FIND HIS NUMBERS TO SEE IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT, I HAVE CONTACTED A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT STUFF OFF HIM ON EBAY SO I MAY GET A FEW RESPONSES THERE, NEXT STEP IS MAYBE RING THE LIBERTY POLICE AND SEE IF THEY ARE INTERESTED OR MAYBE A BIKIE GANG OR SOMETING LIKE THAT,,

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008 - 10:33:48 PM »
That is a terrible thing that has happened to you. I have heard other members
saying that people can get ripped off. It is very nice to see others
helping you out here. I do not live near Indiana so I can not help you out there.
Sorry. I am sure someone on here will help you out though.

I am sorry to bother you right now in your predicament but I was just wondering --
you said you were having the car shipped to Australia.
What company does that and approximately how much does it cost? Appreciate
any info on that.

I am contemplating bringing my car ('71 Dodge Challenger) back with me to Australia in November.
I live in Melbourne. But I do not know where to begin about shippers and cost etc. As well,
are the prices for challengers similar in Australia similar to Canada & the USA?

I know you are in a difficult situation right now so when ever you are free in the future to
respond it would be appreciated.

I hope everything works out for you.

PM ME I CAN HELP YOU WITH ANY INFO YOU NEED .

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008 - 12:32:03 AM »
Hey Ozrt!!

Can you post those E blay pics of the missing car again?  Maybe someone will see them and let us know where it went.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008 - 12:32:29 AM »

Just to help everyone, caps is a form of yelling and is real hard to read mate. If possible please turn them off, just tap the [Caps Lock] button once and it'll make it easier to read your posts. Keep us posted with your troubles.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008 - 12:33:02 AM »

Touche Pete, is the eBay link still available?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008 - 12:47:58 AM »
I'm 5 hours away one way so it would be a whole day trip for me but if you absolutely need someone to go and pick something up and hold it, I could probably help out if there is no one else.  Hope this works out for you.  WHat do you get when you call the phone numbers now?   :clueless: