Author Topic: Really, we need a post minimum to sell here  (Read 3454 times)

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

Re: Really, we need a post minimum to sell here
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008 - 11:06:27 AM »
I'm just throwing this out there.  Since fellow members are providing their ebay acct names, why don't we have the profile section updated so one can add their ebay name.  The name can then be added to a list which can become a Child Boards in the parts for sell section (i.e.  Babe Pics in Other Mopars).  This way someone like myself who will not use Ebay because (1) I feel that I will get scammed and (2) I don't know how to use it, can look at the list and see how long the person has been a member.  I would have the person trying to sell a part provide a Ebay acct name.  This way a buyer can check this person out on Ebay and our members would know if this seller is a scammer or what. Since they use Ebay all the time.  Personally, I wouldn't purchase anything unless I knew who you are or has been recommened by someone I have met or has been very active in this site.  A good example would be that I would purchase something from MEK because I have met him at Carlise and he has help me with picking the correct color code for my car's door panels.  Alos I would purchase something from a senior or resident member because I see that they are on here a lot and help out the site a lot.  This is just my  :2cents:

Walt

Offline RabidScott

• Work in Progress
    • waywardgarage.com
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008 - 03:18:51 PM »
Let's keep this SIMPLE and easy on the Admin here:

1.  Start a Child Board in Classifieds titled "Feedback".

2.  Each person buying or selling junk in the Classified areas creates a post with their Username as the title of the thread.

3.  Put a link to your Feedback thread in your signature, or in the post you make when you buy/sell in the Classifieds.  That way you can check out the feedback from sellers/buyers previous transactions.  People who are new can get a feel for the seller, or we can be extra careful with new sellers.

4.  After each successful transaction, both parties can go to the other persons thread and post Feedback.

1970 Dodge Challenger
13.9 @ 101 with stock internally 440, OD 4 speed, 3.23 LSD

WaywardGarage.com

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008 - 03:24:45 PM »
RabidScott,

I really like that idea.  That would work well for everyone I think :ylsuper: :iagree:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

sleepychallenger

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008 - 03:30:15 PM »
Let's keep this SIMPLE and easy on the Admin here:

1.  Start a Child Board in Classifieds titled "Feedback".

2.  Each person buying or selling junk in the Classified areas creates a post with their Username as the title of the thread.

3.  Put a link to your Feedback thread in your signature, or in the post you make when you buy/sell in the Classifieds.  That way you can check out the feedback from sellers/buyers previous transactions.  People who are new can get a feel for the seller, or we can be extra careful with new sellers.

4.  After each successful transaction, both parties can go to the other persons thread and post Feedback.

:2thumbs: :clapping:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008 - 05:39:46 PM »
You dont see many mods adding to this right?   Why do you think they're not?   Because we really dont have a big issue with the parts area. Useing info that rabbidscott suggested is helpful, but for the most part, most sales are smooth sailing. An avareage of what, in scams here 1% maybe?  that is a good thing. we just need to keep track of the bad names that may come through here.

nivvy

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008 - 05:50:44 PM »
You dont see many mods adding to this right?   Why do you think they're not?   Because we really dont have a big issue with the parts area. Useing info that rabbidscott suggested is helpful, but for the most part, most sales are smooth sailing. An avareage of what, in scams here 1% maybe?  that is a good thing. we just need to keep track of the bad names that may come through here.

Kinda like when i go to bingo and all the names of people who wrote bad checks are on the board...   :smilielol:

but as soon 1 person aint happy with something is it fair for that person to get bashed  :ebay:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008 - 07:44:17 PM »
Point taken Al. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee