Author Topic: From this to this as a cc.c member Start 2 finish  (Read 5961 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: From this to this as a cc.c member Start 2 finish
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008 - 10:28:19 PM »
I like the way you started this thread . . showed your progress thoughout your restoration.  Cool thread and a good idea.  Everyone is welcome to start threads like this in the restoration area showing their story from beginning to end.  I personally would love to see more!   :cheers:

Al, nice job on your car and congrats on COTM.   :2thumbs:  

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008 - 10:38:03 PM »
I like the way you started this thread . . showed your progress thoughout your restoration.  Cool thread and a good idea.  Everyone is welcome to start threads like this in the restoration area showing their story from beginning to end.  I personally would love to see more!   :cheers:

I'm already doing that - it's just taking a LOT longer than one post to do it!   :roflsmiley:

Seriously, Al, I think we're all honored to have someone like you as part of this forum.  I know that your knowledge, generosity and humility are one of the principle reasons that I was attracted to this forum. 

Three cheers for Al!

Hip, hip HOORAY!!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008 - 11:01:29 PM »
That is a lot of progress Al. Great car and a great guy! Enjoy all the pleasure that car will give you, you deserve it  :ylsuper:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Husker Cuda

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008 - 08:34:15 AM »
Nice work Al, gotta love a Plum Crazy 70 Cuda and after doing my 74 I really appreciate the fact that you only have 25K into it.  I'm way over that and mine will never be worth what a 70 is.  To me that tells me you can do all the work yourself, I did most all but body, paint & putting the engine together but that is the  :money: expensive stuff!  Congrats on 5k posts, I know you have helped alot of us here.

Mike
1974 'Cuda 512 stroker 650HP Indy heads, Hemi 4 speed, pistol grip - restored to new.
1970 GTX 440/727 Y4 Gold w/ black interior
1969 Camaro SS 396 4-speed X22
1970 Chevelle SS 396 - 375HP M22 4 speed

sleepychallenger

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008 - 08:44:04 AM »
 :woohoo: :woohoo:

great car Alan. was an honor and a privilage getting to ride in it and work on it

she couldnt have asked for a better owner  :bigsmile:

Offline KZ

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008 - 01:38:51 PM »
Did I read that correct, you only have $25K into your project? That's amazing, the car looks amazing as well

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008 - 03:54:50 PM »
Al....From another Al (my middle name), you have done an outstanding job and a well deserved COTM award.  And from what I read here, you are a great guy as well.

Keep on    :burnout:
Dave or David

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008 - 09:55:07 PM »
Hemiken, I got some interior pictures for you today at the car show.  My car is just a driver, so dont pick on me :bigsmile:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008 - 03:20:39 AM »
Hi Alan,

Thanks heaps for sharing these old mate.  I like your M46 :drool: with that dusty air cleaner you should of had a sign on it saying barn fresh, found right here in Alabama......... :bananasmi would of been fuuny seeing the guys scramble around to see who owned and see if he was selling :smilielol: :bigsmile: would of been funny.   Thanks again Alan. :2thumbs:

Hey Alan, I think a Rim Blow wheel would look real great in that M46.......... You should look into getting one, oops too late.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008 - 06:58:11 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008 - 06:53:23 AM »
Hey Al,

That looks awesome man. Hey, if you ever want to, maybe sometime over the winter, I'll detail your wiper motor for you for free. It wont be replated, but mine looks pretty good with just Gold Paint and my own little recipe to duplicate the red sealer..... It sure isnt the Wiper Dude (forgot his name here) type job but it would look pretty good...  :chatting:

Sincerely,

Wally

:swaying:

BTW, this picture sucks....... I hope you dont think Im picking on you  :poopoke: I just noticed it in the picture, and I know alot of people hate getting in all the tight spots to clean them.  :2thumbs:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008 - 09:50:27 AM »
Hey Wally, Chryco had came by a while back ago and soldered 2 wires that had fallen off the part you painted red. The wipers work, but I have only turned them on once. I dont want to have them stick on the metal at the bottom of the window.
It sticks up a bit.

Kenny, I gotta wash under the hood to?  I just like to drive it. There was always people all around my car there. Lots asked about the scoops and stripes. Some of the 74 cuda owners asked me why I had the chrome on the trunk :bigsmile:

I am not comfortable leaving my car alone at a show. I had noticed that my doors had been opened. I had left my keys in the ignition to.  Im more of a drive around type of guy then sit and gauk. But I met some new faces and exchanged a few stories.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008 - 10:07:02 AM »
It would have been good to see the 72 to 74 guys scratching there heads on the trunk trim :smilielol:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008 - 10:17:36 AM »
Al,

you can mix Red Liquid Electrical Tape with Black from Home Depot and it matches perfectly!!  :crazy:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008 - 09:25:38 PM »
Thanks Wally :2thumbs:

Kenny, I dont think you noticed, but I haven't finished my door jams in organosol yet.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008 - 10:27:23 PM »
Hi Alan i did not notice that........ let me know if you need any more pictures of the areas in question buddy :2thumbs: