Author Topic: Special Thanks: Slotts & Rosevillemoparts  (Read 816 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Special Thanks: Slotts & Rosevillemoparts
« on: August 12, 2008 - 03:02:21 PM »

I would just like to "publicly" thank you guys for your help. Each have saved me time, money, hassle and grey hairs, honestly. Both of you will now realise just how bloody hard it is for me to get the parts for my MoPars way down under. I've said it time and time again, you guys don't know how lucky you are up there for gathering MoPar parts. You honestly don't. When you wait for an item for 8-10 days to find it's wrong, send it back and wait for the correct item, 4-5 weeks pass for one item, this throws a spanner in the works........it's ain't easy but with the help of guys like yourselves, life is made easier, A LOT easier.

Jim aka "Slotts": You've been a great friend of mine now since you joined. We hit it off from the start and have never looked back. We keep in constant contact with each other via emails weekly if not daily. Your willingness to help me and talk over car stuff together is really appreciated and hard to put into words what it means, more so the friendship that has strengthened from it. I'm not into corny crap (as you'd know) but mate, you've helped in a big way. Ordering on my behalf when they won't take International payment, checking out goods prior to shipment, you've shipped around 8+ orders to me now, including some freebies too!! Just like to say thanks Jim, if you ever need anything down this way let me know and like yourself, I will make time to help a MoPar brother.

MoparDave @ Rosevillemoparts: - Dave, you have also been a huge help. You've ordered parts I can't get, are too big or just won't ship due to being hazardous (don't ask!) LOL on my behalf. Honestly people, Dave is THE guy to see for our MoPar parts, what he doesn't stock, he can and will get. He has stacks of parts in containers for me that have taken time some of which personal, to get my order sorted. It's a prick of an order to ship, basically a car in a box. He has also shipped items ASAP when I needed them and just been there for info, parts sourcing and in general. Awesome guy on the phone too. So, like Jim, I would like to thank you for your help. I'm not looking for people to reply to this thread, I just want to publicly acknowledge your help and time, true Mopar guys who have made the life of a MoPar owner down under happier and easier.

Cheers and Godbless,
Carl a.k.a Carlwalski

:cheers:

:wavingflag: :nzflag: :canada:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Special Thanks: Slotts & Rosevillemoparts
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008 - 07:35:16 PM »
Just meet Jim at the Mopar Nats for the first time. You are very right, he is a great guy! we talked for a while and then went over to meet up with the rest of the gang. I got the imperssion he would help a person out with just about anything.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008 - 07:39:43 PM »
Just meet Jim at the Mopar Nats for the first time. You are very right, he is a great guy! we talked for a while and then went over to meet up with the rest of the gang. I got the imperssion he would help a person out with just about anything.

Not if you follow the "what the heck is it" thread in the classics board.    :stomp:

Mike    :stirpot:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 - 06:36:50 AM »
No problem helping you Carl, anytime. Besides what you described as how hard it is to get parts, the second "I gotcha" is the cost of freight, :faint: and yes the wait time. A very small light weight box costs around $20 and add around 15 pounds and it hits $100.  :22yikes:

Thank you for the kind words. :2thumbs:

Not if you follow the "what the heck is it" thread in the classics board.    :stomp:

Ok Mike, the part that is listed right now is plastic, not metal. How's that for some help. ;D

Slotts

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008 - 11:25:23 AM »

Anyday Jim, well deserved brother. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008 - 05:12:13 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. I am lucky to be in such company  :worshippy and glad to have the ability to help another mopar brother that is need.

cheers to you Carl.  :cheers:
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert