Author Topic: Big Foot Found??  (Read 8710 times)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
Re: Big Foot Found??
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008 - 02:33:44 PM »
I heard about that at work.  If there is a bigfoot, I doubt that he would be in Georgia.  With all of that fur, it would make better sense for him to be in the colder states.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008 - 05:17:50 PM »

Interesting huh. I'm the thread poster guys, not the one who found it or the preacher. I too am not sure about it all. I have an open mind and believe that other life forms do exist. Aliens? If scientists have confirmed that there's more solar systems than grains of sand, you'd be almost arrogant to believe this smog filled bomb zone is the only planet with life forms. ;) I believe in Ghosts, not "Ghosts" as such but life forms that maybe stuck between two time periods/zones and the energy from them. Bigfoot on the other hand? Not sure, I think it's plausible. They probably did exist at one time in our earths history.

Although man has been just about every where, there are still hundreds upon hundreds of acres of land in forests etc that are still undiscovered, so I can see something like this being plausbile. The only catch for me is how can 1 exist for so long? They'd need to breed and have almost a small village to live for this long therefore meaning there is more than one, which would increase the chances of us spotting one tenfold, but nothing yet? Unless this creature like every other, evolved and changed it's body to suit but to live this long and/or somehow reproduce by itself? is somewhat, ah, far fetched lol.

As I said, I think this would be a good find, true or real camp who gives a crap, it would be very interesting, just like Giant squid interesting, real or not I find it good fun just to see what weird and "Scary" creatures roam our forest and sea floors. Only time will tell, I'm sure it is a hoax but hopefully not beats seeing all the death and destruction on the news.

:popcorn:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008 - 08:26:41 PM »
heck that looks like my long lost brother.i was wondering what happened to him. :bigsmile:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008 - 08:55:13 PM »
I agree with Carlwalski,
I have an open mind. It would be interesting if it's the real deal. Just look at the species that have been found in just the last 50 years that we thought were extinct!!! The face does kinda look like my mother-in-law!!! Just kiddin. Mom, you're not reading this are you?? I was only kidding!!! I meant to say MEK!!!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008 - 10:40:08 PM »
According to my conversion calculator that's about 507 pounds.

That was my mistake: I used 2.2 KG to the pound rather than 2.2 pounds to the KG. Ooops.

I agree with Carlwalski,
I have an open mind. It would be interesting if it's the real deal. Just look at the species that have been found in just the last 50 years that we thought were extinct!!!

Having an open mind is a great trait, but if you don't maintain some healthy skepticism then you'll fall for anything ... like 72 Hemi RT Challengers  :poopoke:

Most of the finds from the last 50 years fall into one of two categories: from the deep ocean (and therefore pretty tough to see at all, let alone find) and minor variations on existing animals (I know that biologists get excited over a bird with blue feathers where all its brethren have red feathers, but I remain unimpressed).

Beyond that, so much of the "strong evidence" for cryptids has either turned out to be faked (the famous "head shot" of the Loch Ness monster) or has had enough contrary evidence introduced to make it highly suspicious (the famous Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film, shot by two mean who were also bigfoot hunters, one of whom knew John Chambers, the designer of the ape make-up for the Planet of the Apes movies) that the whole topic of cryptids is just very suspect.

On the other hand, I'll agree that it's a fun topic to ponder. I also ponder what makes warp drive work  :bigsmile:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008 - 11:22:03 PM »
"I also ponder what makes warp drive work "

hk thats easy....hemis thats how you make warp. :bigsmile:

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008 - 11:29:40 PM »
 :roflsmiley:

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008 - 12:33:28 AM »

Having an open mind is a great trait, but if you don't maintain some healthy skepticism then you'll fall for anything ... like 72 Hemi RT Challengers  :poopoke:

Having an open mind on one subject doesn't mean an open mind for everything else in life.
Just comes down to a bit of common sense, opinion and judgment, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008 - 08:58:30 AM »
Carlwalski,

I agree with your take on a breeding population being hard to hide.  That's the biggest reason I'll bet the farm on HOAX.  As for aliens, with the almost infinate number of stars, solar systems, planets out there, there almost has to be life elsewhere.  Where I have a problem is in believing they are visiting our planet and pretty much only revealing themselves to some backwoods, mouth breathing hilljack.  The nearest even remotely possible source of intelligent life is gazillions (technical term) of light years away.  Hard for them to get here,  warp drive looks good in the movies, but in reality ???

Can't wait for the Press Conference to see how the body mysteriously vanished, was hidden away for safe keeping, or just plain unavailable.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008 - 09:01:53 AM »
I believe in Big Foot completely. I saw him with Le majors before...

http://squirrelqueen.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/six-million-dollar-man-v-sasquatch/

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008 - 09:27:58 AM »
Carlwalski,

I agree with your take on a breeding population being hard to hide.  That's the biggest reason I'll bet the farm on HOAX.  As for aliens, with the almost infinate number of stars, solar systems, planets out there, there almost has to be life elsewhere.  Where I have a problem is in believing they are visiting our planet and pretty much only revealing themselves to some backwoods.....

P.G.

Agreed. While chances are high that at some stage of our earth's existence they may have visited, I doubt they come here as often as they have been "spotted", like, 60 times every year or what ever the case maybe, lol, totally FOS. I don't let crazy sci-fi freaks and BS like that sway my opinions so for me, it's a non issue. They are out there, plain and simple. They either A) don't want to come here, with everyone killing each other, who would?. B) haven't seen or even noticed our solar system and/or C) have nothing what so ever to gain. Apparently our solar system is very new in planetary talk so they will be way more advanced than us.

The human mind isn't built to imagine and appreciate the true size of the universe, it's just too large and too big to truly fathom. Doesn't matter how you slice it, you will never be able to put it into perspective. The best one I've heard is, in a average room, a spec of dust is our solar system, the rest of the room is the universe......that's BIG. One thing I'm real curious about is the Pyramids of Egypt. These stone structures are impressive, each block is around 1-2 tonnes and each rock is laser straight. Even in today's world a feat such as that would be hard to achieve.....IMO, "Aliens" (such a sci-fi name) having something to do with them is 100% plausible. Maybe like a land mark, like a flag on the moon, so-to-speak. The hieroglyphic images on the walls have also been translated to beings from the sky or "Gods" etc. Interesting topic IMHO.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008 - 10:19:11 AM »
Hard for me to come up with anything other than Egyptions building the pyramids.  They've uncovered the ramps used to drag the stones into position.  They are excavatingthe living quarters that housed the thousands of workers that built them.  There's literally tons of pottery shards that the workers wrote on as stationary from their daily lives, talking about their labors.  Pretty much explained to my way of thinking.

P.G.

O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008 - 10:30:32 AM »

True, I have seen all that and it does make sense, logical sense lol. Probably was, just a small % of me thinks that there had to be some other help. Who knows, pretty interesting topic and like so many, one that will never be fully 100% false or factual.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008 - 11:07:19 AM »
Carlwalski,

I come down pretty hard on woo-woo stuff.  Psychics, astrology, faith healing etc.  I hate to see people who need answers or comfort being taken advantage of by these quacks.  As for UFOs, Loch Ness monsters, Bigfoot, all you gotta do is bring me one.

It's not that I think the world is a dull place, quite the contrary,  the Grand Canyon, Pyramids, Northern Lights are all fascinating, even if I do understand how they got here.  I like to think I have a decent imagination, My 3 year old and I were feeding her unicorn just last nite LoL.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline mopower

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008 - 11:16:57 AM »
i hope it isnt true, cause if it is all we will do is create a massive hunt and kill off something that has managed to avoid human contact for years,which tells me is must have some intellegance.