Author Topic: I'm selling my cars. :(  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: I'm selling my cars. :(
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008 - 03:53:19 PM »
Moving to Leesburg.  Reason I'm going is that I'm gonna stay with my parents, who promised me free room and board while I'm going to college.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008 - 03:59:51 PM »
I'm sure you've done this, and I'll hope you'll take this advice in the spirit it's given, but do some research into the projected demand for any career you might go into, and talk to some prospective employers to see what they look for. Believe me when I say that getting a Masters in English was not the wisest choice I could have made, and it's biting me in the a$$ right now.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008 - 04:01:15 PM »
I can get a job anywhere in the country with a Vet Tech degree.  Every city has at least one veterinary clinic.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008 - 04:02:10 PM »
Moving to Leesburg.  Reason I'm going is that I'm gonna stay with my parents, who promised me free room and board while I'm going to college.

Can't beat that with a stick.  Good luck :2thumbs:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008 - 04:05:24 PM »
I can get a job anywhere in the country with a Vet Tech degree.  Every city has at least one veterinary clinic.

Granted, but the other part of that equation is "HOw many vet techs are being graduated, and how many are forecast to graduate in the next 5-10 years?" In my case, for instance, every town has a school, but there are so many English grads that they're climbing all over each other to get a limited number of jobs. This not only makes jobs hard to get but also keeps the pay low.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars