Author Topic: T/A CHALLENGER rear valance  (Read 2498 times)

Offline allen

T/A CHALLENGER rear valance
« on: August 19, 2008 - 09:12:59 PM »
I am after some pics of the rare valance on  a T/A challenger from underneath car and back of valance  to see how they are fixed , mine seems very sloppy like its missing some stiffening struts ot something  especially the bottom edge , any help appreciated , thanks allen

Alaskan_TA

Re: T/A CHALLENGER rear valance
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008 - 09:41:01 PM »
I do not have any good photos of that area. There are two brackets though near the middle though, do you have those?

Offline allen

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008 - 05:53:14 PM »
ok here are some pics , there is a strut in the centre of valance and that seems fine and solid , but there are also one each side by the leaf spring shackles as shown in pics , they look like they should be attached at the top some how ,you can grab the bottom and there is alot of movement there top and bottom , something doesnt seem right ,,   allen

Offline allen

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008 - 05:54:17 PM »
another pic

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008 - 09:43:16 PM »
Well, that solves that then. You have a newer valance, that is not from a '70.

The 1970 valance does not have brackets welded too it, they were seperate and bolted / screwed on.

Look for a date code, on the 1970 pieces it is behind where the license plate mounts. If there is no date code it is likely a reproduction part.

I had a spare set of the 1970 only support brackets here once, I will do some digging and see if I still have them......

Offline allen

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008 - 10:23:55 PM »
well that does explain why its not a great fit it must be a repro valance, hope thats all thats not 1970 on my car ?? well i am in the market for a 1970 rear valance with no cut outs for exhaust tips , i'm sure there is plenty of those kicking around   ....not.

i will take plate off tonite and look for code, also  alaskan T/A  i had a thread going on 450 wheels , were 450 wheels the same for T/A 's and hemi cars ?

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008 - 10:40:41 PM »
All 450 wheels are the same - other than the date codes of course.

Offline allen

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008 - 07:03:46 PM »
OK ,I have found a original 70 valance ,now it has a strut attached in the centre behind number plate , but  it looks like there should be 2 others maybe mounted off the body for it to attach to as it has 2 holes each side of centre on the bottom of valance , so if at all possible can somebody show a pic of fixings in detail , to see what i am missing and well where on the pic subject , i have 2 original T/A exhaust tips how do they attach to car ? the car has a box mount , and the tips have flat metal finger ,is there a rubber bush that fits to body with a slot for the tip to fit ? 

thanks
allen

Offline Got JOB

• Member since 2-14-06
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008 - 07:44:53 PM »
Here are a couple of pics. The valance is a repo bought in '95. I have the origional if you need a pic. Also a pic of the tip hanger.

Ricky
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 - 07:48:16 PM by Got JOB »
70 T/A Plum crazy
71 vert. viper red
74 Rallye triple black ( sold )
76 Aspen Wagon
West Georgia

Offline allen

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008 - 08:13:22 PM »
thanks ricky , great pics , those rubber inserts are what i need for my tips canyou get repo ones / and do they just sit there or do they have a fixing screws,  my tips have no holes in them which would suggest they just sit there ?

Offline Got JOB

• Member since 2-14-06
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008 - 08:17:36 PM »
Tips just slid into the rubber. Someone probably makes a repo of the complete mount, but I have never looked for one.
70 T/A Plum crazy
71 vert. viper red
74 Rallye triple black ( sold )
76 Aspen Wagon
West Georgia

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008 - 11:16:42 PM »
The photo names say what they are;

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008 - 11:18:33 PM »
Oops, same photo twice, it should have been this one;

Offline allen

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008 - 11:50:29 PM »
thanks for pics , thats interesting , i have been offered this valance with original paint on it but it is quite different  as you can see

Offline allen

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008 - 11:51:20 PM »
another pic