Author Topic: Welp, I burnt myself out...gonna idle  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Welp, I burnt myself out...gonna idle
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008 - 11:32:23 PM »
 :cheers: :bigsmile:  You guys know how to cheer a man up don't you.  Dont laugh, but I did rest up today. I wonder what I will be doing tomorrow :clueless:  Everyone knows I cant sit still.  As far as the dana goes. It must be for the wow factor. I am not building a fast street car. I got race cars for that. I just figured a 440-6 4spd should have a dana. But it wasnt needed. It's in there now. I really should of pulled the trans and gone through it. I only resealed it with a kit. For now, I'm just going to drive it.

I need to get my camera out and show off some of the gifts that were sent to me from members while I was working.

Thanks everyone :wave:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008 - 12:16:43 AM »
You know you can get your money back & more out of the Dana when you want to.... Glad to see your feeelin better Alan....You'll be back on the ole Mopar horse in no time, I'm sure.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008 - 12:24:24 AM »
Alan we do lots of things just because we want to and I know all to well how you feel. I'm wanting to put a shaker hood setup on my 70 Cuda and my wife asked me if it will make it go faster or be worth more money when I get it put on. I told her I really don't think it will make it go any faster and may make it worth a little more but the WOW factor will increase greatly. I also had a set of 14X6 rallye wheels already and bought new BFGoodrich TA radials for my Cuda and now I want to put the correct 15X7 rallye wheels on it. You really can't tell the difference unless you look at the size but I know they are wrong on the Cuda and want to change them. I have did many extra things to my cars and sometimes step back and ask myself why did I just do that? I know when to walk away and take a break and a nice car show always cheers me up when I'm down.
Jeff

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008 - 01:21:17 AM »
Alan, Get some well needed rest.  I agree with the others, take your wife and go on a week cruise, one of those that all you have to do is sleep, walk to the food buffet, and relax in a chair on the deck. 

I have looked back on the money I have spent on my Challenger and asked why, but just look at it this way, the money is already spent and you cannot change the past.  So just do a little more planning with your future income and get some relaxation, you need it.  I think your car is VERY, VERY nice.  You should just enjoy it as it is and not worry about spending any more money on it unless something breaks.

I know this may be a little hard for you to do, but you need to start looking at taking care of yourself and not worry so much about everyone else.  Now don't get me wrong, but you try to help everyone else so much, that it may be part of the reason you are so burnt out.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 - 01:24:13 AM by jacksboys »
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:37:56 AM »
Hey Alan,

You say here out loud that a Dana rear is not needed.......... We know it is not needed, why are a lot of things done.  Just to better what you have and i for one being a boy thing love the sound of a 440 + 6 'Cuda 4 speed with Dana.  Just has a certain ring to it and your car did deserve it, it shows that you do indeed love your car, but now you just have to learn to drive it more to enjoy rather than working on it and playing with heavy parts like Dana 60's always puts a dampener on things playing with the heavy stuff.

All will be fine old mate and you do what you need to do, and what eva Peggy asks :poopoke: :smilielol: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008 - 08:01:24 AM »
Alan,

We all are in the same boat of buying these things and saying WHY. I have sold all of my stuff for the 4 speed swap twice now saying why. this time i am way closer and not giving up. I still say why and when i get an answer, it is for the enjoyment i will get out of it. Load up the wife and take a cruise to a nice dining facility, really enjoy it. bring yourself back to the 70's. you also do it for that extra thing to talk about when good friends drive 400 miles to see you  :smilielol: . Hope the rest made you feel better. One of these days we need to get a bunch of us together and just go for a good 100 - 200 mile cruise. just on the road having fun.

Drew

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008 - 09:08:57 AM »
take it slow till you feel like going full throttle again...

*** Bart ***

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008 - 02:32:55 PM »
Ah yes. I slept in, then cleaned up my shop.and then

Went for a 25 mile cruise in my car. No fixing , prepping, pampering, nothing. Still not ready to even wash the car, but am relaxing a bit right now.  I will say 354's is more street friendly to drive. 

Anybody wanna help me install my 3/8ths fuel lines :smilielol:  or my electronic ignition :roflsmiley:   never mind, I'm going for another cruise :burnout:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:17:00 PM »
I wonder what I will be doing tomorrow :clueless: 

If I remeber from an old post, it'll be something like this....  :roflsmiley:

-remove and rebuild 440 Six Pack engine, twice

-cut 3 acres of grass by hand

- paint 2 coats of primer then paint whole house

-help build house for Habitat for Humanity

-solve global warming crisis

-then have breakfast...  :faint:  :smilielol:

Glad you're doing better, Alan.  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:38:05 PM »
If I remeber from an old post, it'll be something like this....  :roflsmiley:

-remove and rebuild 440 Six Pack engine, twice

-cut 3 acres of grass by hand

- paint 2 coats of primer then paint whole house

-help build house for Habitat for Humanity

-solve global warming crisis

-then have breakfast...  :faint:  :smilielol:

Glad you're doing better, Alan.  :thumbsup:

:smilielol:    Close.  Did some yuky tidious yard work, pulled my electric wheel chair apart and charged the batteries (I am not sure why I bought it) went on another 20 mile cruise but even faster. Got the car up to 115 checking rpms/speedo. Got the hood open now and getting ready to install electronic ignition. And taking apart a rearend for moparmaniac to ship some gears to him.   Really super easy day. I feel relaxed and better now :2thumbs:

nivvy

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:47:18 PM »
al dont feel bad.... i got busted doing 150 in a 40mph zone.......................  :scared:

nivvy

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:47:47 PM »

. just kidding  :2thumbs:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:52:25 PM »
I wish I could go get your dana for you. The old man has a home in tn and it was hit by a tornado. I was there yesterday. His son which welded mine up is welding yours up. He has to run the speed shop today and tomorrow. Then the old man will be in monday. I made sure to ask about the 35 spline for you again.  I wish you could see some of these mopar drag cars in there. some run in the 3's in the 1/8th. Trophies all on the floor and old dusty MP unopened boxes all through out the store hidden behind other things. Lots of neat stuff there

nivvy

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008 - 06:54:50 PM »
I wish I could go get your dana for you. The old man has a home in tn and it was hit by a tornado. I was there yesterday. His son which welded mine up is welding yours up. He has to run the speed shop today and tomorrow. Then the old man will be in monday. I made sure to ask about the 35 spline for you again.  I wish you could see some of these mopar drag cars in there. some run in the 3's in the 1/8th. Trophies all on the floor and old dusty MP unopened boxes all through out the store hidden behind other things. Lots of neat stuff there

al.. if they got get a 35 spline or not jut let me know... ill pay to have you to ship it to me as i know youll drive 12hours to deliver it to me if you had to....  :2thumbs:

StRoKer

Jason

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008 - 07:22:01 PM »

:smilielol:    Close.  Did some yuky tidious yard work, pulled my electric wheel chair apart and charged the batteries (I am not sure why I bought it) went on another 20 mile cruise but even faster.

You went on a 20 mile cruise in an electric wheel chair?  :clueless:  :faint:

:roflsmiley: Just kiddin', I git ya!  :grinyes:  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger