Author Topic: Club Calendar for 2009?  (Read 4433 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: Club Calender for 2009?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008 - 03:27:49 AM »
 :jumping: I can help out......................... I will buy some more like last time. :crazy: :2thumbs:

1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008 - 04:25:40 AM »
i would definately buy atleast one.

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008 - 06:10:48 AM »
I'll buy 1 or 2, Okay 2  :cheers:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008 - 07:31:45 AM »
Im in for 2, and i'll be submitting a pic or 2.  :chatting:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline mcgheejt

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008 - 11:19:24 AM »
I will buy a 2009.  The 2008 is about the only thing I have hanging up here in my little conex in Afghanistan.  I need somthing to keep me motivated.  :)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008 - 12:01:22 PM »
If everyone feels they could trust me, I could accept orders in my Moparal@msn.com.... email address and collect everyones correct mailing address, email address, and screen name to verify orders. I could also collect any money orders, checks or whatever and use a special account to send the payments with the correct address with it. If they used pp it would have to cover the little fees they charge. When you get money from them, they take out a percentage and it would drop the actual amount sent where it doesnt pay for the callender in full is all. I could prob do this while working on the road.

I really would like it if I could use my PM box and keep all the info in there, right on the cc.c site. It would be much easier. Ross might maybe consider allowing me to accept more PM's for just this particular Calender project. I get way to many Pm's to do it without an extention. 

I would also like to buy someones last years callender, and would be buying a few this year myself

nivvy

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008 - 12:27:48 PM »
al your inbox would be full .........  :smilielol:

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008 - 04:03:56 PM »
   I would buy a couple. I was hopeing to have my cuda done with a shiney new paint job for this years calander but as things usually go I'm way behind and it won't be done till next spring.  I would also suggest that members who cars are still a little rough--like mine was last year--to still submit pictures. I would'nt mind seeing one month with a car under construction - if some one has an unique pic. Something along the line like Barry's T/A from 07 calander. 71BigBlocks pic. from last year was also a very cool shot.  Shiney and new is always nice but maybe something a little differant  also.  I hope every one submits a lot of pictures.   :clapping:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008 - 05:38:38 PM »
at least one for me  :thumbsup:  ...any chance they will be ready before newyear?  ::)
*** Bart ***

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008 - 08:37:52 PM »
at least one for me  :thumbsup:  ...any chance they will be ready before newyear?  ::)

Always a wise guy.  This is why I want to get started on this now.  Everyone will have all of September to get their pictures in, 1 week of voting (1st of October) then it is off to the printers, no if ands or buts.

If everyone feels they could trust me, I could accept orders in my Moparal@msn.com.... email address and collect everyones correct mailing address, email address, and screen name to verify orders. I could also collect any money orders, checks or whatever and use a special account to send the payments with the correct address with it. If they used pp it would have to cover the little fees they charge. When you get money from them, they take out a percentage and it would drop the actual amount sent where it doesnt pay for the callender in full is all. I could prob do this while working on the road.

I really would like it if I could use my PM box and keep all the info in there, right on the cc.c site. It would be much easier. Ross might maybe consider allowing me to accept more PM's for just this particular Calender project. I get way to many Pm's to do it without an extention. 

I would also like to buy someones last years callender, and would be buying a few this year myself

This is very nice of you.  I will tell you it isn't an easy task, not trying to scare you, but it gets crazy.  My system worked pretty good but had some flaws.

BTW, if you need a 2008 calender, PM me and I'll send you one for helping out!

So as it is we have a money collector, thread voting moderator and then the guy to put it all together.  So I think we are off to a good start.

Now we just need to organize a post on how, what and when.
One final thought, last year we knew who the winners were, how about this year the voting doesn't show a running tally and it is kept a surprise for everyone?  I think this would be best and all in good fun.

We'll start a submission thread and requirements on Monday.  Any more ideas?  We have some time now so start thinking ahead on what you'd like to see for 2009.  if we have a histroical guru, perhaps highlights on what happened this day, first hemi built, Petty winning, etc...?
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline inot2old

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008 - 09:48:29 PM »
We have talked in the past about not letting the cars that were in one years calendar be in the following year to give more members a chance.  Also. have we had rules in past years about needing a certain number of posts to be eligible?  I'm not trying to step on any toes, I just think we need to get the rules up front. 
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008 - 01:44:26 AM »
That's cool this is coming together again.  As for the 94 views earlier, I checked this out while on break, but didn't have enough time to respond...:misbehaving:  I probably would have offered my help, but I'm sure I'll be busy enough with school and work to take on another task.  I trust Al with taking up the financial & addressing end of this operation. :cheers: :2thumbs:  And MyMopar's suggestion to keep it an anonymous winners poll sounds pretty cool, too.  I'll be waiting for the "Official" rules thread shortly and get the garage cleared for a couple "Under the Knife" shots of the Challenger...with a twist, of course. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008 - 07:36:11 AM »
And, what size do the photos need to be? do we submit just one? or do we do our own poll and then submit that best one?  :dunno:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008 - 07:48:12 AM »
I`ll be in for 1 or 2 and I`ll enter again if the rules allow as I didn`t enter last year.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008 - 04:00:45 PM »
I'll certainly buy one for 2009.  The 2008 calender was outstanding (and I don't just say that because my car was "Miss August"  :lol:).
I look forward to seeing the contestants and voting for the 12 best.