Author Topic: Need a few interior pics (73 Barracuda)***Finished Update 8/27***  (Read 1195 times)

Offline MrMopar440

Hello all,

I finally got my headliner all installed and the sound deadener applied to the interior as well as a water barrier applied behind where the interior panels go. I am trying to install my sail panels. I am using REM repops - mine didn't have anything there when I got it. I am running into a problem. I got the clip to mount it correctly, but it just isn't right. I have a gap between the sail panel and the rear plastic panel wide enough to shove my hand into! What gives? Are my plastic pieces that messed up that I am missing a huge chunk? No camera until tomorrow (wife is using it). But can someone please post a close up of the intersection of the sail panel and the interior plastic. Also, can you grab a couple of the interior plastic to the rear speaker deck panel? Thanks a bunch
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008 - 03:16:07 AM by MrMopar440 »

Offline MrMopar440

Re: Need a few interior pics (73 Barracuda)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008 - 03:27:00 PM »
Here are the pics I took. Hope someone out there can give me some ideas on how to make this look presentable... Thanks

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008 - 04:32:46 PM »
Here's some...   Mayby paint it black under there. ? 
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008 - 05:25:50 PM »
It looks like your side panel top is low in the pic.  Maybe you could shim them up with a bit of cardboard?  Also, on mine the sail panel has the cloth hanging off the cardboard underneath and that fills in little spaces.

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008 - 06:52:08 PM »
The fabric on the sail panel should hang loose on the bottom, then when you clip the panel on to the car, you gently stretch the fabric down to the row of sharks teeth and let them grab it. Also, the rear shelf came stock with a sound-deadening pad under it which, if you don't have it, would raise the shelf and the rear ends of the side panels up a little bit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008 - 06:58:22 PM by FY1Cuda »

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008 - 12:50:09 AM »
maybe these will help.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline MrMopar440

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008 - 05:36:19 AM »
Thanks for the pics. I will try pulling the fabric off the bottom of the sail panel - it had 3M sticky tape on it and I figured it was to secure the loose end. Guess I was wrong. I do have the sound deadner on the rear tray - I handn't thought about putting that in and seeing how it changed the way everything lined up. Does anything secure that package tray? Or is it just loose? Thanks

Offline MrMopar440

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008 - 04:07:34 AM »
 :ylsuper: Thanks all. I pulled off the sail panel and the rear plastic panel. I ended up putting the sail panel back on OVER the alligator teeth (covered it completely). That fixed it. I also re-installed the rear deck cover and that helped fill the space nicely. Now on to the other side. I'll post pics of the completed install.

Offline MrMopar440

Re: Need a few interior pics (73 Barracuda)***Finished Update 8/27***
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008 - 03:19:23 AM »
Here is the finished product. Thanks for the help it looks 100% better. Now if only my panels looked nice as well. Oh well, that will have to wait for another day and lots more  :money: