Author Topic: Criagslist  (Read 1783 times)

nivvy

Criagslist
« on: August 24, 2008 - 11:49:24 AM »
Is there anyway to do a nationwide search on there... cnat figure it out... hate searchin 1 city at a time....  :horse:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: Criagslist
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008 - 11:50:27 AM »
Me too!!!!   :pullinghair:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008 - 12:18:04 PM »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008 - 01:58:04 PM »

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline sadil340

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008 - 02:28:01 PM »
I've used www.crazedlist.org - it allows a search of the entire database (not recommended; the craigslist police might shut you down) or select individual locations. You can select all then deselect the areas you're not interested in or break it up into a few searches to avoid detection.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008 - 04:15:03 PM »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008 - 04:32:07 PM »
I've used www.crazedlist.org - it allows a search of the entire database (not recommended; the craigslist police might shut you down) or select individual locations. You can select all then deselect the areas you're not interested in or break it up into a few searches to avoid detection.

You can use this site, but you have to use Firefox instead of Explorer.  With Firefox you have to change a couple settings and the craigslist police cannot find you (at least that is what it says).
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008 - 05:38:04 PM »

so if your looking for a car your not supposed to look outside your neighborhood????? what's up with that?? :clueless:

Offline sadil340

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008 - 06:23:40 PM »
so if your looking for a car your not supposed to look outside your neighborhood????? what's up with that?? :clueless:

I have no idea why the Craigslist people care about searching the entire site. Maybe it has something to do with overwhelming their computer equipment?? Just a guess..
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
Owned since 1974

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008 - 06:54:17 PM »
you can also use Google - just type in "craigslist" and the name of whatever it is you are looking for. It will produce results from any market within CL
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008 - 06:58:27 PM »
I have no idea why the Craigslist people care about searching the entire site. Maybe it has something to do with overwhelming their computer equipment?? Just a guess..

The craigslist founder is a hippie-type who thinks that a large part of the Earth's misfortunes are caused by the fact that we've moved away from a barter system in which everyone in the trading community knew one another to a money-credit system in which people can purchase things from anywhere in the world, hence from people they don't know. He thinks that if he enforces a local-only system that we'll naturally revert to barter and ultimately do away with the evil that is money.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline sadil340

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008 - 07:15:46 PM »
The craigslist founder is a hippie-type who thinks that a large part of the Earth's misfortunes are caused by the fact that we've moved away from a barter system in which everyone in the trading community knew one another to a money-credit system in which people can purchase things from anywhere in the world, hence from people they don't know. He thinks that if he enforces a local-only system that we'll naturally revert to barter and ultimately do away with the evil that is money.

That makes sense. I'm only a recent user of the list. Thanks for the insight!
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
Owned since 1974

Offline asm74

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008 - 07:36:35 PM »

Where did you hear that?

Craig Newmark was an IBM engineer and worked for Charles Schwab...  hardly the mark of a hippie.

Craigslist started out as an online event calender for the S.F.  Bay Area, adn expanded from there, and in that sense it is a community based bulletin board.  They don't mind people perusing other cities, as far as I know, nothing is stopping me from hunting cuda's in IL.  What they DO mind are other sites, with much clearer commercial intentions, linking to their database without permission.  CraigsList is also a For Profit entity, so the existence of those other search engines are very much a threat to their bottom line.

73 Challenger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008 - 08:18:11 PM »
The first part cam from an interview with the boy himself; it's been a couple of years since I read it and I don't recall where, but I think it might have been Newsweek. The second part is, I'll admit, my conjecture based on the first part. It's very clear however, that he wants to promote local transactions; the top of each ad reads:

"Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally!"

Notice what this says, and doesn't say. For instance, it doesn't say "Cut down on scams and fraud by dealing locally." It says that if you only deal locally you will never be ripped off.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008 - 08:45:04 PM »
all I do is google craigslist. First hit has a box to type in your search.

limk below if you use firefox

http://www.google.ca/search?q=craigslist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.