Author Topic: Carpet - Year One??  (Read 5717 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Carpet - Year One??
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008 - 02:15:52 AM »
I bought a carpet from Year 1 and it was the suck. It also changed color after the sun hit it and was too short up the firewall. I think I'd just go to JC Whitney and get the best one they offer. It can't be any worse.  :dunno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008 - 03:07:15 AM »
there is a new company amking carpets , it was featured in MCG 8 months ago & is supposed to be top quality

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008 - 11:17:11 AM »
I have ACC carpet (black) in my Cuda and it sunfades BAD! :swear:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

sleepychallenger

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008 - 02:08:29 PM »
brewers performance has the carpet too. not sure who its through or if you have to cut the holes, but thats who im gonna go through.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008 - 08:19:25 PM »
As i said before, I carry both carpet lines, ACC and Trimparts and they each have there issues but ACC is the worse of the two.
ACC will start the process of fading and a Black carpet starts turning to a purple tint as soon as the ulraviolet sunlight hits the carpet, it is a fast process in a convert.
ACC is cut too short and will not travel up under the dash far enough.
ACC 80/20 loop look good but the TrimParts carpet is a little tighter loop
Trimparts carpet is cut longer and hides more of the underdash
Trimparts will begin to tint but it will take much longer for the color to fad, alot longer, I have one that is 5 yrs and the process still has not started on mine.
Trimparts carpet on 70 B bodys just does not have the driver accelerator heel in quite the right spot and they are working on fixing it, if you do not know what you are looking at you would not notice it until someone shows you the spot.

I sell 99% Trimparts carpet to 1% ACC and the good thing is I can sell the Trimpart Carpet for less then the ACC.....

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008 - 01:09:21 AM »
What about the ECS carpet that is supposed to be correct?

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3898658&page=1&fpart=7&vc=1

?Lunch?

Offline black71

• eph 6:12
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008 - 10:48:02 PM »
I know this thread is about carpet but someone previously brought up paddock...i will not use them or yr1 if i have the option! year one is starting to develope a monopoly and i have found poor quality with paddock  :2cents:

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008 - 09:04:10 AM »
What about the ECS carpet that is supposed to be correct?

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3898658&page=1&fpart=7&vc=1

?Lunch?

The carpet ECS is selling is ACC carpet!!!!!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008 - 12:13:21 PM »

I have Year Ones carpet and was quite pleased with how it looks. 80/20 loop hole, black, cut to fit. Looks good to me and I have never heard any complaints about it. Not sure if it's correct but the quality is good. I got mine 3-4 years ago.  For the record, for those getting sun fade in their carpet, don't leave your car in the sun. If carpet is getting faded, that's 1 poor car, I feel sorry for it. The carpet is well protected by it's interior trim. Parking in shade and covering thy car will also help your poor dash out too. Treat your car with some respect and it'll always be good to you. :2cents:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008 - 01:56:05 PM »
Hey Guys.........take a hint............Nick is offering all the information you need and the product you need.              ORDER from Nick..........Support our members.................
Dave or David

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:04:17 PM »
Hey Guys.........take a hint............Nick is offering all the information you need and the product you need.              ORDER from Nick..........Support our members.................

...Are you getting a cut from the profits??   :poopoke:   :poopoke:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:27:06 PM »
Wish I could.  I don't even know Nick.   I wish we had a listing of members here that do offer products for our cars.  Dante's is a member and I have ordered from him and was very pleased.  I found out about Nick too late to do him or me anygood.   I have ordered from Paddock, Year One, Dante's, Auto Body Specalties and...........I forget.  All have been good products and Year One replaced my dash woodgrain once due to shrinkage.   Anyway, maybe we do have a list, if not we need one............... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Dave or David

sleepychallenger

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:40:54 PM »
i sent him a PM. does he have a website?

i heard great things about Nick from another member that got in on the dash buy.  :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 - 03:43:02 PM by sleepychallenger »

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:03:39 PM »
i sent him a PM. does he have a website?

i heard great things about Nick from another member that got in on the dash buy.  :2thumbs:

Nick who  :bigsmile:

Discounts, someone looking for a discount?????? I try to help when I can, but sometimes I cannot :woo:

I try to do my best with my customers but as I found out, it is tough to make everyone happy.......

my website: www.nicksclassicparts.com

sleepychallenger

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008 - 04:37:12 PM »
not so much the discount, but i have heard from another member here the quality of your products so i, like anyone else, wants to buy a quality product.