Author Topic: Seat Belt Problem  (Read 844 times)

Offline MrMopar440

Seat Belt Problem
« on: August 27, 2008 - 03:47:24 AM »
Hello all. I finished my headliner/door panel re-install, but now have another problem. The stupid  :swear: rear seatbelt retractors! One side I can't get to pull out unless I "massage" it a few (half-dozen) times and the other side now refuses to retract. Not a problem at the moment as I don't normally carrry anyone else, but kids want a ride now that the insides are back inside where they belong. Am I better off just replacing them with new (not correct - but doesn't matter especailly) ones that I found while searching the archives http://gemstreetrods.com/Seat%20Belts.htm ? Or is there a way to rebuild them - I haven't pulled them out yet. Thanks

nivvy

Re: Seat Belt Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008 - 04:37:41 AM »
SERIOUSLY.........  buy a complete XV setup....... great price and look great... I did... one of the best investments on my build ......   :2cents:

Offline MrMopar440

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008 - 05:11:06 AM »
StRoKer - Did you mount three belts in the back? Just curious since I figure there is room (and the XV website shows three in one pic). Do they slide around in the back when not in use? That is one of the reasons I was leaning towards the retractable ones. Thanks

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008 - 07:15:33 AM »
What yr model is your car?  Got a picture of your retractors?

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008 - 09:31:58 AM »
No doubt a new set of three point belts would be the way to go....

If you need to get your retractors working I soaked my mechanisms with Silicone spray & exercised them a little.. there was a spring metal that holds tension in the retractor that with a little tweaking made them work properly. Mine were in relatively good condition.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008 - 10:26:09 AM »
SERIOUSLY.........  buy a complete XV setup....... great price and look great... I did... one of the best investments on my build ......   :2cents:
:iagree:
They look almost stock and work great.  No modifications to bolt them in either.
** Shane **