Author Topic: What's your other hobbies??  (Read 2375 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
What's your other hobbies??
« on: August 28, 2008 - 08:50:57 PM »
After reading about the extensive comic book collection once owned by Onefornow and the HUGE book collection by Pistol Gripper,  :clapping:I wondered what other interesting hobbies our members here did?? :dunno: I believe there was a similar thread before along the lines of what folks collected (that would be a hobby), but I thought it would be interesting to see again what interesting stuff/hobbies our CC.com family does. So post away. Please include pics!  :bananasmi :picture: Anything you do for fun other than the car in your garage. I mentioned that I used to have an antique shop so I collect everything. I've started here with a few pics. I have an extensive bottle collection (all with original labels & some over 150 years old (tonics, bitters, herbs, quack medicine ect), old toys (there's a 1959 Dodge Royal Dinky toy in the foreground), military items (pictured is a Pond gamblers pistol, 32 cal circa 1850 & a Jap WWII bayonette) and the many kitchen collectibles in my kitchen. I made the shelves. There's TONS more. It would fill pages. Basically my house is now an antique shop!!. So what's your hobbies??

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71ChallengerSE

Re: What's your other hobbies??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008 - 09:59:15 PM »
Well I collect anything and everything WWII, my collection is museum sized and there is just too much stuff to get in a picture, I use a lot of it for WWII reenacting. I also collect movie props and wardrobe from Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008 - 10:11:05 PM by 71ChallengerSE »

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008 - 10:13:03 PM »
 :2thumbs:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008 - 10:30:13 PM »
As I said the last time a similar thread cam up, I'm also a fine art photographer, but I'm working on transitioning that from hobby to business.

I'll post different pics this time  :smokin:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008 - 10:34:03 PM »
Three more

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008 - 10:45:34 PM »
Toy trains mostly vintage lionel! Guns!! My dog!! Antique' kinda stuff, kinda like me..  :roflsmiley:

You can see I'm a bit off track...  :bigsmile:  Actually have more than shelves to put them on.  Sorry NO gun pics.

Can you guess the most valued piece?   :clueless:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008 - 10:52:53 PM by BIGSHCLUNK »
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008 - 11:13:19 PM »
I collect wood ship models, collect any type of old aluminum.  write music and play the flat top

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008 - 12:44:51 AM »
I would love to see some of those ship models, Al.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:04:39 AM »
  Apart from building my new house ( 5 years, almost finished ) I was a pistol target shooter. The laws have changed for the worse here in Australia and I have had to sell most of my pistols.   :villagers:   I cannot keep up the legal requirements that the government have set and work for a living.    :stomp:   :walkaway:
  I also collect license plates, but because of the fullness of my garage I haven't even been able to get in to put them up.   :cheers:
Dave

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:14:17 AM »
I truely feel sorry for you aussies in that you have no freedom to have guns. 

I am an amateur Paleontologist.   I collect dinosaur bones, I like fossils of all types but prefer to collect dinosaurs.  Here in Colorado there are lots to find. 

I also collect old guns.  Don't have many and don't have any pics of those. 

In the winter I am a snowboarder so I collect adrenaline rushs!  Have many boards for different conditions. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008 - 09:18:36 AM »
  Question ChallengerHK, why black and white photos? I like to see color, it maybe just me though!   :bigsmile:
Dave

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008 - 10:26:03 AM »
I was about to reply to ChallengerHK before I read Aussie's post.  I was going to ( and I guess still will ) say, there isn't anything better than a good B&W picture.  Especially old buildings.  I guess it is personal preferrence. 

:bigsmile:

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008 - 10:32:23 AM »
moparmaniac59,

I really like the, I'm guessing here, Ohio Art Santa on a trike.  I have a ton of stuff I've picked up over the years, like wind up tin toy ferris wheels, globe fire extinguishers, some things I have no idea what they are LoL.

I'll take a few pics of some of my books that I personally like and post them when I get home.  Not to worry, not all of them, just a handfull of the ones I (and maybe only me ) think are interesting.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008 - 10:39:07 AM »
  Question ChallengerHK, why black and white photos? I like to see color, it maybe just me though!   :bigsmile:

I was about to reply to ChallengerHK before I read Aussie's post.  I was going to ( and I guess still will ) say, there isn't anything better than a good B&W picture.  Especially old buildings.  I guess it is personal preferrence. 

Well, I like both, as you can probably tell. In general, I like B+W when I want to emphasize the graphic composition of the shot and/or the textures of the elements in the shot. For instance, I have both of the B+W shots I posted here in color as well, and for my tastes they're kind of bland in color. Color, on the other hand, I use for ... color  :bigsmile:. The Flamingo shot is strong because of all the subtle variations of pink throughout the feathers, but graphically it's kind of mediocre.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

sleepychallenger

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008 - 10:57:41 AM »
I would love to see some of those ship models, Al.

they are freakin amazing