Author Topic: are the kids interested in our mopars?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: are the kids interested in our mopars?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008 - 12:09:41 PM »
When I first got my Cuda my son was 8 years old. We were discussing what color to paint it and the wife wanted to go with Plum Crazy. Josh informed her that we couldn't paint the car purple because that was a girl color and he was getting that car when dad was dead! He's 16 now and is worried that I won't get the 5.7 swap done in time for him to drive the car to the homecoming dance. He has a 98 Mustang, but the Cuda is what he wants to drive. Yeah, I think my kid is interested in my Mopar! :eek4:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline 73challenger_TN

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008 - 12:10:08 PM »
Read somewhere a members 16yo wasn't showing interest in cars or mopars! So I thought, out of my four, only my #3 child showed interest in my Challenger so when she hit 18 (last year), we were bbqing etc and I threw her the keys and said lets go! After 4 yrs of bugging me she got to drive it! She was pretty happy after 45 minutes of cruising around, waking up the neighborhood, but the steaks were toast! Well worth it in the evolution of life! She's sad I have the car up for sale, but she know it needs a good home. She would love to have it! Maybe her wedding present?
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

How about other members kids?
Did you let her lay some rubber?  :jumping:

I'm 18 and I'm a pretty diehard Mopar man. My dad and I have spent alot of time working on my car. I love it! I can't think of anyone else my age that is a mopar fan really. I actually can't think of anybody that is a fan of V8s my age.....

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008 - 12:36:28 PM »
i agree wit the last post . the only kids today into mopars are usually born into them its a hard sell on new blood .i have never built a car for a father son or daughter program that the kid was into it ever .i dont have an issue with this the kids should live there lives not ours.its time for change a friend raced his son a hemi cuda clone 5 speed against a wrx the kid wore dad out to say the least good for him .c

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008 - 12:48:38 PM »
My 10-year-old son likes my Challengers and he also likes Superbirds.  Whenever my 3-year-old son sees me reading a car magazine he asks if there are any Road Runners, so I'd say yes.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008 - 01:30:40 PM »
Well Im 16 and I was in no way born into mopars, my dad never ever had a mopar, he is a german sports car kind of guy.
Everyone my age either doesn't care about cars or they want a honda or an acura or a nissan or some car like that. The only cars in my school parking lot that have V8s are either trucks or the busses. No one at my school seems to understand my mopar addiction. They all say that it was a big mistake for me to get the challenger, they say I spent a lot of money on a piece of junk that wont be worth 2 bucks. I went with mopar muscle because the cars these days don't appeal to me at all (except the new challenger) so I went as far back as I could to get a stylish V8 powered muscle car. :working:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:01:29 PM »
my 8 yr old loves the sound of v8`s. He liked the cuda when it was in one piece and sceeming around corners, and looks forward to building with me, but he hated it ( and me ) the past year when I was doing bodywork and couldn`t have him around with all the dust ,sparks and paint.
He likes cudas but loves superbirds  :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline 73james

• horsepower and torque are only the beginning
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:15:21 PM »
Hey I am 21 and will be 22 in Oct. I have been a mopar guy since middle school when I got my 1973 Dodge Challenger 340. It took a couple years of work and now the motor work. But I am young and in love with the MOPARS. I have my daily driver Dodge 1500 sport truck 5.9L V-8. So I am one count of young guns liking MOPAR.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:25:29 PM »
My daughter is 19 & loves Mopars.  She graduated in May from an Auto Body class at the local Tech center.  I bought her a '70 Charger as a graduation gift, but we are both still waiting to come up with the money to restore it.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:31:09 PM »
 :useless:
I would love to see some pictures of that 70 Charger :2thumbs:

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:32:56 PM »
Great stories. Nice to hear there is alot of young guns out there! keep em coming!

No my daughter does not have a boyfriend (she's smart!)
yes she burned a little rubber! Had a blast doing it! She is very competitive and does not take long to figure stuff out. pedal? floor? make em meet!  :roflsmiley:

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:46:24 PM »
:useless:
I would love to see some pictures of that 70 Charger :2thumbs:

No pics of my daughter with the car  lol.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008 - 05:03:45 PM »
 :wow:      love your house  :thumbsup:

yep....the charger is cool too.... :cooldancing:
*** Bart ***

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008 - 05:37:02 PM »
I would kill to live out there in those woods. The Charger looks like a real good starting point.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:48:30 PM »
  I have 3 daughters. The two oldest are not into cars but my cuda was parked for twenty years so all they ever saw was a pile of junk out in the garage. Now that I got it running they think it is pretty cool. My youngest is turning 14--about to begin driving next summer--- so to  :stirpot:  I tell the older two that the cuda will be hers.  ;D    My midle daughters boyfreinds-dad is into mopars. He has a 68 Charger and a very nasty 9sec. 65 Cuda he races and his wife has a 67 Cornet. So she's showing a little more interest in mine.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008 - 09:28:27 PM »
My 15 YO daughter likes my '68 Barracuda and wants me to give it to her. It's a lot of power, but I'd be more inclined to give it to her vice a 16 YO son!! I work with youth in my church and we have a few muscle car affectionado's. One is a 18 YO diehard Mopar kid and gives all the ricer kids crap when I bring the Challenger to church. I've tried to steer him in the right direction by taking him to an all Mopar show & drag races!! :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt