Author Topic: Sarah the barracuda  (Read 5722 times)

craigsmytcudas

Sarah the barracuda
« on: August 29, 2008 - 12:54:58 PM »
well we have a new cuda they call her mrs. barracuda Sarah Palin. :droolingbounce:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Sarah the barracuda
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008 - 01:18:58 PM »
 :biggrin:....... :useless:
*** Bart ***

Offline BoughtItNew

• Barracuda
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008 - 02:36:06 PM »
Here ya go.  Heard her acceptance speech earlier.  Tough lady.

She got the name when she was the point guard on the basketball team she played on, Sarah Barracuda.

...and she has a 80%-90% approval rating in Alaska.  Unheard of for a governor of any state!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008 - 03:15:00 PM by BoughtItNew »
Mike Tritle
DeKalb, IL 60115
Original Owner
74 Barracuda

Purchased Sept. 10, 1974  
DesPlaines Chrysler Plymouth
DesPlaines, IL

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008 - 03:12:13 PM »
She can de-brief me anyday.....  :misbehaving:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008 - 03:36:35 PM »
The only bad I can see is we need a good one like that up there in Alaska. For the Presidents race though I guess I will be voting for McCain after all  :ylsuper:

That speech was a home run IMO

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:17:46 PM »
Yes, she's seem to be a great pick. Too bad the Keating Five and the S and L scandal  of 89 still loom in my memory.   :stirpot:

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:18:05 PM »
I missed the speech but I did hear a replay earlier today of interview that Glenn Beck did with her about a year ago. She said all of the right things and nothing wrong.   She sounds smart and tough. Anyone that says she lacks experience is forgetting the fact that 2 years of Executive experience is worth way more than 10 years of Legislative experience.  She's been forced to make decisions while Mr. Obama can hide behind a committee and guage his answers against hundreds of others opinions.  Nowhere in the Senate does the "Buck Stop Here."  That is the biggest problem I have with the McCain candidacy, I personally don't think ANY senator should become President unless they have previously been an Executive officer of either a State or, at the very least, a major Corporation.  And don't get me started on someone with less than 2 years of Senate experience...
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Top Banana

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:23:24 PM »
well we have a new cuda they call her mrs. barracuda Sarah Palin. :droolingbounce:

:iagree:   :bananasmi :bananasmi :bananasmi :bananasmi :bananasmi
70 Challenger R/T 440 Convertible
64 Impala SS Convertible
72 BMW 3.0 CSL
77 Porsche 911S

Offline inot2old

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:28:47 PM »
I missed the speech but I did hear a replay earlier today of interview that Glenn Beck did with her about a year ago. She said all of the right things and nothing wrong.   She sounds smart and tough. Anyone that says she lacks experience is forgetting the fact that 2 years of Executive experience is worth way more than 10 years of Legislative experience.  She's been forced to make decisions while Mr. Obama can hide behind a committee and guage his answers against hundreds of others opinions.  Nowhere in the Senate does the "Buck Stop Here."  That is the biggest problem I have with the McCain candidacy, I personally don't think ANY senator should become President unless they have previously been an Executive officer of either a State or, at the very least, a major Corporation.  And don't get me started on someone with less than 2 years of Senate experience...

George Bush was governor of Texas & I don't think it did him any good in the White House. :swear:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008 - 04:46:37 PM »
Maybe, maybe not.  Can't tell for sure but I doubt we'd be in any better position if Senator Kerry had won 4 years ago. 
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008 - 05:59:31 PM »
Keating five? Remember, the biggest bank robbery in the history of the world.   :stirpot:

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008 - 06:28:50 PM »
mike what did the keating 5 have to do with this lady nothing not a thing .

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:08:19 PM »
No, but McCain was one of the Keating 5 - I'm sure that's what Mike meant.  He was also the least culpable of the five by a country mile.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:22:36 PM »
Too bad she's not the one running for president.   :stirpot:

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008 - 08:34:58 PM »
you guys fail to realize shes running for vp regardless of mccains past this post isnot barracuda john its about sarah .also you could have a clinton bill gave our government secrets to china and got the ball rolling for china to have so much control. o and the last eight years have been steller for me . c