Sarah the barracuda

Author Topic: Sarah the barracuda  (Read 5719 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Sarah the barracuda
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008 - 12:04:36 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline BoughtItNew

• Barracuda
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008 - 12:28:02 AM »
My biggest concern with the democrat platform is thier tendancy to claim middle class tax cuts then pound it on businesses and corporations producing products for the middle class.  Guess who gets hit with the tax increase in the end?

Yup, you and me, baby.  Then if the additional tax burden causes pricing to edge over consumer limit (ie $4.00 gas) and sales are impacted negatively, production is shipped overseas at a fraction of the cost and guess who gets the double whammy?

Yup, you and me, baby.  Saw it happen from the inside with a couple of major performance industry players during my career.

And yes, I have been involved in pricing products for both a manufacturer and a distributor.  Both direct and inderect tax costs are calulated into the base cost from which all pricing is founded.

Beware what you wish for...
Mike Tritle
DeKalb, IL 60115
Original Owner
74 Barracuda

Purchased Sept. 10, 1974  
DesPlaines Chrysler Plymouth
DesPlaines, IL

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008 - 01:47:31 AM »
Money has to come from somewhere. 648 billion dollars in Iraq alone, without raising taxes.  :clueless: Now, that money has to come from somewhere right? Oh, wait, thats right, we'll just print some more. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the value of the dollar being at an all time low. Maybe we should be paying more taxes. Not to say that their isn't waste or that cuts don't need to be made, but to think that all of a sudden our politicians will just cut the pork and fly right is a bit naive too. The government should have to balance its checkbook too, so someone's going to have to pay up.

McCain lost me when he voted against the new GI bill.We treat our soldiers as second class citizens. The elephants all voted for the war, but not to provide our troops with the equipment they need over there, or the care they need back home. Did the democrats hold up the money to make a point? Yeah, they did. But NO ONE, even the hawks, included the money to pay to equip our troops properly. I'd pay more in taxes to take care of our soldiers, regardless of the fact that I disagreed with the war. And McCain continues to befuddle me with his Iraq policy. If the Iraqi's want us to leave by 2011, maybe we should? Hell, they've got a 79 billion dollar surplus, maybe we could learn a few things.

And it was George Tenet that failed to give the ID so Bill could send a guided missile to our friend Osama back before 911. Last I checked dubya gave him a promotion. We also managed to allow al queda into the one country we knew they weren't in before, Iraq. Saddam, dictator that he was, disliked extremism (go figure), and had terrorists executed (a long with a lot of other folks, but thats a different story). We practically gave up on Afghanistan, an actual, justifiable action with the possibility of direct results to go on a wild WMD goose chase in Iraq. How's that security?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the fear mongering (vote republican or get blown up? are they kidding?). I'd rather pay up than have the government tapping my phones and looking at my library card. If we sacrifice our freedoms for security, we might as well raise the white flag. I know Obama isn't the solution, but we know what we're doing isn't working. I'm upside down on my house, my district is looking at cut backs (that's firehouses people) and to be honest, I'm doing great compared to most. Something has to change, and the two party system doesn't offer a lot of options.
 :wavingflag:

That's it, I'm going back to the car threads. My blood pressure doesn't need this.  :2thumbs:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008 - 01:50:19 AM by 72bluNblu »

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008 - 02:08:05 AM »
 :clapping: 72blunblu for President!!  :clapping:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008 - 09:49:37 AM »
the convention was a blast a mexican starts out in spanish a deal kill ,and made it clear obama supports 12.5 million mexicans should get a free ride . a few minutes later a total moron named barney smith losses his job to china . but the dolt cant see his new floor jobs next and who gets his yob an illegal will get his yob. the whole dem party convention was a poor me please help me i want my money now crowd . dems need to pick them selfs up and be responsible and live with in there means . the last eight years have been great and i earned it .......... surf or be part of it

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008 - 11:07:08 AM »
Money has to come from somewhere. 648 billion dollars in Iraq alone, without raising taxes.  :clueless: Now, that money has to come from somewhere right? Oh, wait, thats right, we'll just print some more. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the value of the dollar being at an all time low. Maybe we should be paying more taxes. Not to say that their isn't waste or that cuts don't need to be made, but to think that all of a sudden our politicians will just cut the pork and fly right is a bit naive too. The government should have to balance its checkbook too, so someone's going to have to pay up.

McCain lost me when he voted against the new GI bill.We treat our soldiers as second class citizens. The elephants all voted for the war, but not to provide our troops with the equipment they need over there, or the care they need back home. Did the democrats hold up the money to make a point? Yeah, they did. But NO ONE, even the hawks, included the money to pay to equip our troops properly. I'd pay more in taxes to take care of our soldiers, regardless of the fact that I disagreed with the war. And McCain continues to befuddle me with his Iraq policy. If the Iraqi's want us to leave by 2011, maybe we should? Hell, they've got a 79 billion dollar surplus, maybe we could learn a few things.

And it was George Tenet that failed to give the ID so Bill could send a guided missile to our friend Osama back before 911. Last I checked dubya gave him a promotion. We also managed to allow al queda into the one country we knew they weren't in before, Iraq. Saddam, dictator that he was, disliked extremism (go figure), and had terrorists executed (a long with a lot of other folks, but thats a different story). We practically gave up on Afghanistan, an actual, justifiable action with the possibility of direct results to go on a wild WMD goose chase in Iraq. How's that security?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the fear mongering (vote republican or get blown up? are they kidding?). I'd rather pay up than have the government tapping my phones and looking at my library card. If we sacrifice our freedoms for security, we might as well raise the white flag. I know Obama isn't the solution, but we know what we're doing isn't working. I'm upside down on my house, my district is looking at cut backs (that's firehouses people) and to be honest, I'm doing great compared to most. Something has to change, and the two party system doesn't offer a lot of options.

That's it, I'm going back to the car threads. My blood pressure doesn't need this.  :2thumbs:

:iagree:  El presidente'

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008 - 11:15:42 AM »
Sorry to hijack this thread, but in answer to your questions.

1.  Do you really know what a terrorist looks like?  If so, please come down here to Miami and point them out to us.

2.  One large group of individuals who profit from war are the employees of the companies that make the products soldiers use in the conduct of war. 

3.  Ask the soldiers who they believe has been and will be best for the security of our country.

Remember elephants never forget and are very protective of their own.
So, one justifies the killing of innocent people to have a paycheck. Perhaps we should use education to promote peace, and innovation. That may create jobs?  :cheers:

Offline ladman

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008 - 11:37:00 AM »
Thought this was a car forum??   :dunno:
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008 - 11:38:43 AM »
This election should be about being fiscally responsible. Tax increases are not necessary; government spending is the problem.  The quicker we control spending the healthier we are as a nation. Our nation’s problems are not the revenues it’s how we spend them.

Both Republican and Democratic parties have been irresponsible. I’m tired of the misuse of our military and trying to solve the world conflicts. Enough is enough. The foreign aid should stop; we have no money in our check book. If we had a surplus then we can send financial aid, but we can’t continue to borrow money we don’t have.

Pork tacked onto programs has to stop. The Earmarks have become disgusting. I for one believe both parties share the burden.  

Our tax laws change with every administration making it difficult to plan. The government wants to provide a national health care program yet they destroyed social security and spent it.  When the government gets frugal, they can ask me for more tax receipts.

How can anyone support a tax increase, giving someone more money when they have not spent wisely? What kind of a nation have we become when people ask the government to take care of them? You may want to consider a 3rd party to represent your family’s future and values.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008 - 11:50:21 AM »
mikerallye - I think maybe you missed the point of his comment.  He is not justifying killing to have a paycheck.  He was trying to say that the security of the country is at stake this election.  

And I think that people need to remember, all of this crap really started in the 70's after the nut jobs realized that the USA no longer had the stomach to kick @$$ with our bailing out of Vietnam without finishing the job.  And good ole Jimmy Carter exascerbated the situation by not jumping all over Iran when they held our Embassy people hostage.  It wasn't until Reagan was elected and those wackos realized they had a real man to contend with in D.C. that our people were let go - and Ronny did not have to fire a single shot.  His philosphy of Walk Softly and Carry the Biggest Friggin Stick anyone has ever seen ended the Cold War.  The only reason Sadam invaded Kuwait was he thought G.H.W. Bush did not have the guts to stop him and he was partially right, we should have gone right into Baghdad after we ousted his "Revolutionary Guard" from Kuwait.  While it may not seem as if we are winning in Iraq to many people, answer me this, would you rather have the terrorists here?  The terrorists have been so busy trying to stay alive that they have not been able to pull off an attack on US since Sept. 11th.

We need STRONG leaders in D.C. not people more worried about how we look to the "global community."  I hope like HE77 that the RNC does not start, feature or end with ANYONE speaking any language other than English.  It was shameful that the DNC did what they did just to get the "Hispanic Vote."  What about the "American Vote?"

BTW - they can tap my phones for all I care, I've got nothing to hide unless telling your wife & kids you love them is something to be ashamed of.

I also agree, John McCain is part of the problem as far as out of control D.C. spending.  We need term limits for Senators and Congressmen.  It is pure laziness that someone like Ted Kenendy has been in office as long as he has.  We desparately need a third party. A party that knows Washington and our founding fathers wanted a responsible gov't that did not oppress its people - I call the ridiculous spending that they embark on oprression

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008 - 12:58:10 PM »
I think she is a great choice but also a risky one. That being said McCain needed to take a risk. I would vote for her over ANY of the presidential candidates....period. Integrity is sorely lacking in Washington and she is a breath of fresh air. Want to know why obama didnt pick clinton? He didnt want to end up like Foster  :faint:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008 - 01:30:16 PM »
Challengergary, thank you for your maturity on this topic. I shall acquiesce and return to the car topics.   :wavingflag:
Let's talk  about anything in this world 'cept politics, religion, and her.... Sammy Kershaw 

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008 - 01:59:55 PM »
Thought this was a car forum??   :dunno:

It definately doesn't belong in this section, it should be OFF TOPIC.  Although She does look like a Barracuda. :naughty:

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008 - 03:04:48 PM »
It definately doesn't belong in this section, it should be OFF TOPIC.  Although She does look like a Barracuda. :naughty:

Tom

Yeah - HOT!   :aarg:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline BoughtItNew

• Barracuda
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008 - 05:47:50 PM »
This election should be about being fiscally responsible. Tax increases are not necessary; government spending is the problem.  The quicker we control spending the healthier we are as a nation. Our nation’s problems are not the revenues it’s how we spend them.

Both Republican and Democratic parties have been irresponsible. I’m tired of the misuse of our military and trying to solve the world conflicts. Enough is enough. The foreign aid should stop; we have no money in our check book. If we had a surplus then we can send financial aid, but we can’t continue to borrow money we don’t have.

Pork tacked onto programs has to stop. The Earmarks have become disgusting. I for one believe both parties share the burden.  

Our tax laws change with every administration making it difficult to plan. The government wants to provide a national health care program yet they destroyed social security and spent it.  When the government gets frugal, they can ask me for more tax receipts.

How can anyone support a tax increase, giving someone more money when they have not spent wisely? What kind of a nation have we become when people ask the government to take care of them? You may want to consider a 3rd party to represent your family’s future and values.

:iagree:
Bingo!

I'm surprised the moderators have let this go on as long as it has...
Mike Tritle
DeKalb, IL 60115
Original Owner
74 Barracuda

Purchased Sept. 10, 1974  
DesPlaines Chrysler Plymouth
DesPlaines, IL