Author Topic: Am I just lazy?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Am I just lazy?
« on: August 30, 2008 - 05:54:30 PM »
I havent driven the car for about a week and a half, 2 weeks. I dont feel like working on it. I have a bunch of parts laying around for it, not to mention alot of little parts i need to pick up for it. Once I get off work, I dont feel like doing much. And for the past week, My father and I have been working on the gutters. Got them up on the house about 2 hours ago, the Girlfriend is @ the beach, But all i want to do is basically nothing.

Once again Im tired, and the car is sitting in the garage. I get 3 whole days to myself (to work on the gutters) and I still dont want to do anything.

:blah: sorry guys, Im rambling about nothing. Anyone else feel my same woes?  :screwy:

:1zhelp:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
Re: Am I just lazy?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008 - 05:58:22 PM »
I didn't take the Chally out for a couple weeks, til last weekend. I was tired and burnt out from work and everything else that has been going on. But I tell you, it felt great. Just taking it for a ride, meeting up with my friends.  :burnout: :burnout: 

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008 - 05:59:12 PM »
Hey, we're in the same time-zone how come YOU arent out cruising....  :lol2:

:poopoke:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008 - 06:03:33 PM »
I'm getting on a year (sept) that my car hasn't been out! Not why I bought it! Just have a million excuses not to. Most legit, some not. Still work to much, plus other hobbies getting in the way! Keep wishin we can get the days changed to 48 hours in one!

Naw, that will create even more tiring things to do!

:2thumbs:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008 - 06:04:33 PM »
 :roflsmiley:

you're right.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008 - 06:11:28 PM »
Hey, we're in the same time-zone how come YOU arent out cruising....  :lol2:

:poopoke:
I just brought the Chally home from the garage. It looks like it might rain.  :crying:  We're going to the Haar's Drive-In show in Dillsburg in the morning. :burnout: :burnout:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008 - 06:13:32 PM »
Sweet!!  :bananasmi
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008 - 07:01:02 PM »
Sweeettttttttt?

Me thinks Jackie is rubbin our noses in it! Have fun tomorrow.

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008 - 07:02:35 PM by plumcrazy704406 »
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008 - 07:51:04 PM »
Sweeettttttttt?

Me thinks Jackie is rubbin our noses in it! Have fun tomorrow.

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
Wally should quit drinking Blue Moon  :drunk: and get to cleaning up his Chally. It's not that far from him. :poopoke: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008 - 07:52:55 PM »
Wally, i understand you have been slowing up now you have just turned 54 years of age old mate............
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008 - 08:07:27 PM »
Hey Wally,

:lol: I posted a thread yesterday close to the same thing you are asking yourself. Thanks to the member's here, I think the whole issue came be summed up with one word "burnout". I am going to force myself to give it a break for a while and not feel guilty about it. I hope that works for you, too.

Slotts

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008 - 08:26:22 PM »
Yeah, you're lazy!   :poopoke: :roflsmiley:

But so am I.  I took yesterday off and basically sat in front of the computer all day, though I spent a good part of it switching between the Summit, 440 Source, Mancini and Rock Auto sites figuring out where I was going to order my parts, then gave Summit almost $900.  I also didn't do anything today - it's like 100 degrees here and working in the garage is about the last thing I want to do.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008 - 09:02:21 PM »
I'm always burnt out and runnin on empty so it seems. But this afternoon I reversed my 2 degree shims in the rear on the pinion angle, went to fill up on 93 octane, then drove out to the track. It felt good to just do hardly anything. The car felt great with zero vibrations now and I got to bump the timing back up on it.

Wally, just find some self motivation and get out and do something.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008 - 09:32:04 PM »
Gee Wally is someone giving Beaver the business?? :smilielol: Sounds like a thread Moparal had on being "burned out". We all get there from time to time.  :faint:I've found that somtimes I just need to come home, have a good meal, relax doing nothing, then go to bed around 8:00 pm or even earlier. You'll feel better the next day!! ;D I worked all day today, dealt with a ton of crap and then came home, washed the Challenger and went up the road to a local cruise-in. I met up some old friends and we basically spent the next two hours or so telling tall tales. I sooooo enjoyed it!! It was relaxing, entertaining and therapeutic. I even burned some rubber!! :burnout: Get some decent rest and then take the car for a cruise. Do something for just you once in a while!! You're no good to anyone a burned out shell!! Happy motoring!! :bananasmi

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008 - 12:26:09 AM »
Hey wally, don't feel bad, I just took my Challenger out today for the first time in about a month. 
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar