Author Topic: We need more flags  (Read 11832 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: We need more flags
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008 - 08:23:42 PM »
The flags I'm sure are coming, I wanna know all about the lamb roast, the side dishes and how it's being cooked.   You made me hungery Bella :bananasmi

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2008 - 05:53:35 AM »
Thanks Slotts!! -- i guess it is understandable about the flag preferential treatment for kiwis. thanks for the input.

Ozrt4406!! -- behave yourself and play nice with Hemi Ken!!!, or you will not get to attend the Lamb Roast Party!  :nono:  :misbehaving:

Hemi Ken!!-- you know what you are doing! I have faith in you.  :clapping: Melbourne is not that cold in the summer BTW. You will be fine!!  :2thumbs:

Moparal!!---If you have a chance sometime you and your wife to take a trip down under to the land of OZ and relax for a couple weeks if you can. It sounds like you deserve it after your episode at work this week.  :faint:  Glad to hear you were OK. I hope you can make it to OZ sometime and if you do the menu will consist of:

--A lovely and beautifully cooked Lamb Roast with rosemary and mint jell or mint sauce on the side. It will be accompanied with roasted potatoes, roasted onion, sweet peas and/or garden veggies what ever is your favorite, & pumpkin/squash (depending on what country you are in -- pumpkin in Australia is the same as squash in Canada & the USA). But the best is yet to come -- an authentic Australian dessert and my absolute favorite - Pavlova for dessert!!! Pavlova is t :picture:he best Australian invention ever -- my mum use to make it for her Xmas dinner parties and there was one guy that waited all year to be invited to our house and eat it. He said it was just about as good as se*. It will be BYOB - as I do not drink much if any at all. I will not charge a corkage fee though.  :roflsmiley:

I hope you can make it sometime. As Australia is just like Carlisle - everyone has got to visit Australia at least once in their life - Great beaches, Sun and Surf and so much to do and see - and it sounds like you got a few friends down there too!

P.S. I am looking forward to the flags!
      But understand that I will have to wait patiently!   :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :roflsmiley:

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2008 - 08:16:27 AM »
  Bella, Carl, Carlwalski has been pushing for months for more flags and there is a thread on it. We were told that they would be added over a week ago but there is supposed to be some technical hitch!   :popcorn:   :popcorn:

Yeah we need to educate a few about the wonders of Australia, great beaches, wide open plains, great friendly people. There are a few of us who would try to make a good Aussie barby for Moparal, Chryco, Barry etc if we could only get them down here.   :cheers:
Dave

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2008 - 09:11:03 AM »

Ross must be busy, I'm sure he'll get around to it, eventually. To be fair he is hardly on so give it time. I've given the information he needed to "insert" more smiles so hopefully we're pretty close now. Yup, I've been asking (as others) for a few more flags. Slotts is right there were a couple of Kiwis on here years ago and I asked for a Kiwi flag having being an active member for some time and got one straight away. Rev was the Admin/mod (no longer an active member) who pushed to get it done.

:wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2008 - 10:43:31 PM »
id like to be on more and im going to try.  i should check in once a day for now on.  as for the flags, im a little stumped still, but im going to start digging deeper.  ill get them up i promise.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2008 - 10:45:32 PM »
Hi Ross :wave: thanks buddy....... look forward to them :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2008 - 11:19:56 PM »

Save the flags you wish to add to your PC.

[Admin] --> [Smileys and Message] --> [Add Smiley] --> [Upload New Smiley] Browse then select the new flag. Type the code :AussieFlag: then the description for hover over "Aussie Flag". Leave [post location as "Post Form". [Save changes]. Should work. Takes me around 5minutes to add 2 or 3 dozen, hardest part is picking good hover over names to suit them LOL. I run the exact same SMF software but the with the new .6 patch (available in Admin under "Support & Credits").

:thumbsup:

Ross, not sure if you read this as no response was given but this is how it's done. I know, I run the same software. Once you do the first smile the rest are a piece of piss. Doesn't take long to do. I'd say "ask if you need to know more" but all the info needed to add them is quoted above.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2008 - 09:23:39 AM »

:sleeping:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2008 - 09:57:54 AM »
LOL, if we cant even get a calendar thread stickied, chances are the flags wont be here for a while.   :lol:

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2008 - 01:24:20 PM »
Ross, not sure if you read this as no response was given but this is how it's done. I know, I run the same software. Once you do the first smile the rest are a piece of piss. Doesn't take long to do. I'd say "ask if you need to know more" but all the info needed to add them is quoted above.

i know how its supposed to work, but it aint acting like that.  it keeps giving me "The following smiley directories are not writable: default, classic, custom" despite a chmod of 777 on all those directories.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008 - 01:26:56 PM by 69ChargerRT »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008 - 06:08:30 PM »

OK, just trying to help.

It's probably a problem with the smiles path try using "repair_settings.php" to fix the issue. Here is some info on it, get your PC tech guy to have a look if you are unsure. http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663 It will also give you the options to configure your 'Smileys Directory:' settings. You should also upgrade using the new .6 patch (free of course) as mentioned previously. This will fix any small glitches that are within the current theme you are running, definitely won't hurt.

:cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2008 - 08:19:15 AM »

Any inroads Ross?  :dunno:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2008 - 08:45:01 AM »

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008 - 01:49:04 AM »
dont need the cute little smileys thanks.  ill get to it.