Author Topic: Fall Fling XIII Van Nuys Ca Sat. Oct 18, 2008 show/swap w/past show pictures  (Read 5700 times)

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Oh definitely! I was interested for Spring Fling this year, but I'd only had my car for 2 months and was still sorting out the bugs (still am!). If I remember right I was at work that weekend too ::). Amazing how often it seems to work like that, seeing as how I only work 10-11 days a month. Are the dates for next year set already? I'll take the time off if I have to, I should have the 'ol girl more than ready by May.

I will have date after the first week of November. Looks like the last weekend of April or maybe second weekend of May.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline 72bluNblu

Sweet! Either way, as long as I know about it this far in advance (not like this year when I just got the car before the spring, and have prior commitments at work for the 18th) I'll be able to take the time off. I'm sure it will be a blast! :grinyes:

Offline Harts56

• 70 Challenger Convertible
I'm going to fire the beast up early Sat. and head up there.  Looks like a great show, and what better place to get ideas and talk to others about thier projects!

Hope to meet a few of you there. :2thumbs:

John

Offline Robert1050

I'll be there, but am driving out with the g/f in her car.  I'm still debating about bringing the Challenger, but with the way the tranny leaks, I'd have to stop a couple of times on the way there to keep dumping fluid into it......
1970 Challenger R/T 440-4
1970 'Cuda 440-6 (Gone, but not forgotten)
1999 Sea-Doo XPL 69.0 MPH
1998 Sea-Doo XPL 66.3 MPH
1981 Eliminator Daytona 80.3 MPH

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
I'll be there, but am driving out with the g/f in her car.  I'm still debating about bringing the Challenger, but with the way the tranny leaks, I'd have to stop a couple of times on the way there to keep dumping fluid into it......

I call that rejuvenating the asphalt's natural ingredients. In a couple hours mine will leave a 3"-6" diameter spot. I drove it 80 miles to Willow Springs, ran it, and drove it back.  :dunno: In my garage not only do I have a big metal pan, but have plastic bowl in the pan to catch the large amounts of trans fluid.

It was trying to do these burnouts with my badly tuned/worn motor that burned the fluid:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008 - 03:17:00 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline thenuke1

wow thats kool mine does the same lol but we know the problem... the guys at the tranny adjustment forgot to tighten something we can see it the big dark spot were it leaks from

and the spring fling sounds like fun ... from where to where is the cruise ????
(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
wow thats kool mine does the same lol but we know the problem... the guys at the tranny adjustment forgot to tighten something we can see it the big dark spot were it leaks from

and the spring fling sounds like fun ... from where to where is the cruise ????

I barely got a chance to walk the show cars. Did you bring your Challenger??
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
yeah i did .... i woke up late so i didnt get there as early as i hoped so i had to park across the street ...

i didnt know the entire front parking spaces were for handicaped people ... im not against it but really ???? all for handicaped ??? if i had known i would have walked ... no pun intended... i passed by and both left and right sections had spots open...

other then that .... i had a good time

Only the north side of the parking lot was handicapped. I posted a picture of the layout labeling the parking areas just before a post you replied to.

The gates opened at 7 am and closed at 10 am. You must have really slept in.

HIGH POINTS.

the show and shine section.... hands down

i had never seen another 71 challenger in person other than mine so that was kool

Have you ever been to a Spring or Fall Fling before? Do you go to the Pomona or Long Beach swap meets?

Where did you buy most all of the parts to restore your Challenger?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 - 01:12:19 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016