Author Topic: Car show question  (Read 2481 times)

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: Car show question
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008 - 04:20:19 PM »
Go and shoot the stuff with everyone, rest inbetween walking the 15 miles of cars and parts.LOL  Plus that is where the food is!  And some :cheers: too.

It is a place to get out of the sun as well.

Tom
 :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008 - 04:33:03 PM »
I do both, sit for awhile, go walking around, sit for awhile. The thing is, if you are csitting by your car you can answer questions or talk to a lot of people, i have made many friends talking to people who have stopped by to see the car, some just want to know how you did certain things as they have a car they are working on.  i have never really enjoyed the people that shy away from visitors as most of the time you find they are to good for others. Heck i was one of those guys that walked around and admired cars and asked questions before i got my car.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline DanGoodman

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008 - 04:58:15 PM »
I agree it makes me feel old, I just dont understand why a cruise in or a show, is not where we can cruise in or to somewhere. I think it would be great to get somewhere hang out for a couple of hours and then drive to a second spot all together, now that would be cool

-dan
MOPAR FAMILY

nivvy

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008 - 05:08:16 PM »
I agree it makes me feel old, I just dont understand why a cruise in or a show, is not where we can cruise in or to somewhere. I think it would be great to get somewhere hang out for a couple of hours and then drive to a second spot all together, now that would be cool

-dan

they do that here... they call it poker runs.. make several stops through the day giving local place business......  :working:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008 - 05:13:20 PM »
Al,...I always wondered the same thing about golf :roflsmiley:

...take a club and hit a ball as far as you can, then go find it, in the hot sun...hit it again, go find it again, while still hot from the first time you looked for the ball but now you're sweating...and, if you're lucky you only have to do this 60-80 times...and pay to do it...last time I ever played golf was 35 years ago, we were armed and wore combat boots because of the Cobras(not Ford related)

...why not just throw a rock at a sign,  :bigsmile:

...I enjoy car shows to the max....love to look at all the cars, talk to the owners, see old friends from years passed...Carlisle and the MOPAR Nats are kinda like a family reunion for me...lots of old friends to see

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008 - 05:28:05 PM »
Just speaking about Carlisle, there is NO way you can be on your feet all day. It's hot, hopefully sunny, and you need to get under the tent and rest your heels for a while after the miles of walking. Plus, what more could any member want when visiting our tent for the first time, than to meet me??   :smilielol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008 - 05:52:59 PM »
Personally I can spend all day at shows. I'll walk untill my feet get tired and set down. After a short rest I'm back at it. While walking around I talk to others and even setting I can talk to others. I like shows at races as well as ones like Carlisle. I guess I just get a blast out of the whole MOPAR thing. I spent most of my time at the Nats in the swap meet even if I didn't need anything.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:00:55 PM »
I know it's basicly just me. Since I really don't know anybody anywhere, I am ALWAYS alone. I stay very busy doing anything . When I go to sleep at night, my wife has to touch my shoulder very lightly, not sctratching, just touching so my mind doesnt wonder so much.

Sometimes it takes 2 days to fall asleep. I super hate motels. I'm in 100 or more a year. When I'm at home, I am lost to myself. I am always doing things for the company or a corporation of some sort. Things that can't be done by anyone else. So when I'm home, even the simple things get to me. It's a real pita to be alone all the time.

I will be at the show. I put in for time off to make sure I can be there. I'm wondering if I can take my car in and out of the tent area when I want to go cruising. I have been makeing it more dependable each time I work on it. I started to drive to california last week just to see if I could. Thank God for visa :bigsmile: and amx :2thumbs: It lets you go anywhere.

I chuckle thinking about the golf ball storey Daytona said. That was funny.  Does anyone else get scared of being in crouds?  Does anybody like to help people without letting them know who you are?  Helping is fun. Hearing the baggage isnt.

Oops talkin too much.sorry.

Great site
great people
steaks are on me when we meet
eat whatch want

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:18:59 PM »
I agree , I cannot sit doing nothing at all nevermind all day every weekend , far to active for that , prefer to go to the track or I tune cars at Carlisle just to keep busy .... actually I am never bored at Carlisle , the members here keep me hooping for 3 days. which I love  !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:21:26 PM »
I agree , I cannot sit doing nothing at all nevermind all day every weekend , far to active for that , prefer to go to the track or I tune cars at Carlisle just to keep busy .... actually I am never bored at Carlisle , the members here keep me hooping for 3 days. which I love  !!

Can you come stay for the winter?    I could use some company.    fuel to get here in that ole diesel will be what 400?  Im workin on a very big surprise for you.  No rust either :bigsmile:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:24:47 PM »
Al , we actually skipped a show yesterday because they weren't allowing cars to move from noon till 4:30.  NO freakin way for me! Now I do go to shows but after I see the siights , talk to a few folks,  I'm generally gone. And it don't matter if it took 10 minutes or 3 hrs to get there.    

First off to camp out all day boring!!! But a brew sometimes helps!

2nd , if I don't know anyone ... weeell that can be good or bad depending...

3rd, it hurts to much after awhile!!  (neck/back/foot)

4th, once in awhile people just PMO! I really am starting to HATE vin nazi's!

Now if you have some distractions, maybe I'll stay awhile (not just pretty girls, but that helps too!) I mean like when it's Mopars days at the strip, you can watch races , hit the pits ect.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:26:19 PM »
Can you come stay for the winter?    I could use some company.    fuel to get here in that ole diesel will be what 400?  Im workin on a very big surprise for you.  No rust either :bigsmile:
I am looking into it , I either get a job & work internationally or head south as soon as I get this Cuda screwed together , work has slowed to a crawl

nivvy

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:27:13 PM »
why dont you just move to the states cP ?????

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008 - 06:35:08 PM »
Just speaking about Carlisle, there is NO way you can be on your feet all day. It's hot, hopefully sunny, and you need to get under the tent and rest your heels for a while after the miles of walking. Plus, what more could any member want when visiting our tent for the first time, than to meet me??   :smilielol:

Mike

You Can`t ... no one told me , I walk the whole 3 days & usually even miss  Daves lunch

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008 - 07:10:04 PM »

You Can`t ... no one told me , I walk the whole 3 days & usually even miss  Daves lunch

You can't miss Dave's lunch.   :nono:  Viperman was the new star of the cooking show this year.   :grinyes:   :droolingbounce:

You missed some good vittles Chryco.   :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.